Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 14th, 2013, 01:33 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Who Is or Was Home Educated?

Sound off!

I'd love to hear about your experiences, positive or otherwise, but no need for excessive home school / public school / private school comparisons here.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 14th, 2013, 01:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Who Is or Was Home Educated?

1. capsocrates (starting right after Kindergarten, since my parents discovered Sex-Ed began the next year. My home schooled cousin graduated at 16 and made a 36 on the ACT about the same time, so my parents were persuaded that it could work)

2. Dysole (Homeschooled for fifth and sixth grade, jumped into a charter school for 7th grade, wasn't a fan, homeschooled until high school ended. It was a good experience for me allowing me much more flexibility and the capability to dive deeper since I typically was ahead of the curve at school. I managed to make good friends with several other homeschooled people and I still maintain these relationships.)

3. marrowick (Homeschooled since forever always has always will never taken a class at a school in my life and I don't really want to because most of the kids down here have no respect for anyone.)

4. eraguy816 (I have been homeschooled my hole life. If this goes against the thread then I'll edit later. But I prefer homeschooling because you get to learn with your mom and/or dad and you get to know them better then anybody alse.)

5. Sir Yeshua (I have been Homeschooled since third grade. My parents decided to Homeschool me so that I would be raised in a healthier environment where I could learn at my own (accelerated) pace. This is actually my final year of Homeschooling, because I'm Graduating in May!)

6. orgsbane (I've always been Homeschooled. Public School never sounded appealing to me, and plus my mom didn't want any sort of "views" being forced upon me in Public School. I have plenty of friends, and no, they're not all on Heroscapers . I'm 17 with 20 College Credits, so I can say Homeschooling has been good to me so far )

7. superfrog (I was homeschooled up until 8th grade. The last 4 of those years were at a co-op/study center that I attended 2 days a week. I currently attend public high school, which helps facilitate taking AP classes and doing band/sports/choir/musical and all that sort of stuff.)

8. Fi Skirata (I've been homeschooled my entire life after my mother saw what it was like in the Public Education system (she was going to be a teacher). Since then we have largely done or own thing, though we have been members of a few co-ops (which helped me to learn Biology and Physics). It has also allowed me to skip a grade and enable to have 11 college credits by the end of April!)

9. Joseph Sweeney (I started homeschooling immediately after kinder garden, now I'm in eighth grade and still homeschooling.)

10. Heroscaper Guy (I was homeschooled from 5th grade after we moved from Pensacola, Fl to 10th grade, my current grade, even though we've moved back to the Pensacola area, mostly because it would be cheaper to homechool me and my 3 siblings rather than send us to private school. I am going to be dual-enrolled next year most likely though.)

11. IronJaw (I've been homeschooled since 5th grade (I was in Private school). After that it was just too expensive. The alternative, government school, was.... Well... Let's not go there. )

12. braveheart101

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; April 17th, 2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: everyone was supposed to quote the list... way to go homeschoolers. ;)
Old April 14th, 2013, 01:55 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Home Run

Homeschooled for fifth and sixth grade, jumped into a charter school for 7th grade, wasn't a fan, homeschooled until high school ended. It was a good experience for me allowing me much more flexibility and the capability to dive deeper since I typically was ahead of the curve at school. I managed to make good friends with several other homeschooled people and I still maintain these relationships.

~Dysole, who will admit that in college people said it made some sense that he was homeschooled. ~_^
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Homeschooled since forever always has always will never taken a class at a school in my life and I don't really want to because most of the kids down here have no respect for anyone.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old April 14th, 2013, 07:29 PM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

I have been homeschooled my hole life. If this goes against the thread then I'll edit later. But I prefer homeschooling because you get to learn with your mom and/or dad and you get to know them better then anybody alse.

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

in the Epic Fairyland Cave
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

hole life?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:48 PM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

Yes.

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

in the Epic Fairyland Cave
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:02 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

I have been Homeschooled since third grade. My parents decided to Homeschool me so that I would be raised in a healthier environment where I could learn at my own (accelerated) pace. This is actually my final year of Homeschooling, because I'm Graduating in May!

~Sir Yeshua, trained both academically and spiritually.
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've always been Homeschooled. Public School never sounded appealing to me, and plus my mom didn't want any sort of "views" being forced upon me in Public School. I have plenty of friends, and no, they're not all on Heroscapers . I'm 17 with 20 College Credits, so I can say Homeschooling has been good to me so far

Last edited by orgsbane; April 15th, 2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

We have 4 kids and home school (though only 2 are really of age at this point). My 8 year old daughter has a better reading and comprehension level than that of most of the 6th grade through college age students I work with.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:52 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I was homeschooled up until 8th grade. The last 4 of those years were at a co-op/study center that I attended 2 days a week. I currently attend public high school, which helps facilitate taking AP classes and doing band/sports/choir/musical and all that sort of stuff.
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've been homeschooled my entire life after my mother saw what it was like in the Public Education system (she was going to be a teacher). Since then we have largely done or own thing, though we have been members of a few co-ops (which helped me to learn Biology and Physics). It has also allowed me to skip a grade and enable to have 11 college credits by the end of April!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General