Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old March 20th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Idaho

Welcome, @dreamscaper ! Congrats on the win!

It sounds like you guys discovered what some of us already knew to be true. "Competitive" Heroscape isn't like any other competitive game that I know. I've run chess tournaments and M:tG tournaments, and I've been a part of other tourney scenes as well. There's nothing in the same universe as Heroscape. In the words of Jexik, who I believe was quoting someone else, "When you sit down to play, you've already won."

Keep it up, guys.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 21st, 2016, 02:02 AM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Welcome, @dreamscaper ! Congrats on the win!

It sounds like you guys discovered what some of us already knew to be true. "Competitive" Heroscape isn't like any other competitive game that I know. I've run chess tournaments and M:tG tournaments, and I've been a part of other tourney scenes as well. There's nothing in the same universe as Heroscape. In the words of Jexik, who I believe was quoting someone else, "When you sit down to play, you've already won."

Keep it up, guys.
"you must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dad_Scaper again"

That statement is so true, I've felt it ever since I started participating in tournaments years ago. And we are starting to get a crowd over here. Roughly 15 guys up here in east Idaho and 10-15 in northern Utah. It's awesome!
Old March 21st, 2016, 10:23 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for putting on the tournament again @dart48 . I really had a blast. I can finally say I took Mok to a tournament. And @TREX thanks for bringing that awesome dice tower for the prize table.

Maybe we can shoot for mid July for the next tournament. I don't mind taking a day or two off of work in the Summer for that.
Old March 21st, 2016, 11:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Tiranx , I hadn't realized that not very many of you guys had solid dice towers. That one I had was just some old thing I made years ago. I'm gonna do up some real cool ones for people to land for prizes. I have some material to make a 4 foot tall one for a dund prize You know, to help them really get rolling the luck. Welcome, @dreamscaper , glad to have you on here man. Oh, and hey, my brother that came up there with me is @Lightnin1 on here. I've got some ideas for a couple of very cool towers that I'll post in my different customs threads.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 22nd, 2016, 01:45 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

hah! for years ago that was pretty nifty. I LOVE dice tower designs, but I'll be honest I prefer rolling in dice bowls...kinda weird I know. I just like the rolling in the bowl...but some of the tower designs I've seen are the coolest thing.

I agree with Tiranx that July would be good....after all my birthday is on the 5th! . If we did Saturday the 9th of July that would probably work well, b/c that'll also give us a lot of time to plan it and get a lot of people there (maybe invite Utah if we want more). We could call it the Independence Day Showdown (or something like that) in lieu of the holiday

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; March 22nd, 2016 at 02:11 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 10:42 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoney View Post
hah! for years ago that was pretty nifty. I LOVE dice tower designs, but I'll be honest I prefer rolling in dice bowls...kinda weird I know. I just like the rolling in the bowl...but some of the tower designs I've seen are the coolest thing.

I agree with Tiranx that July would be good....after all my birthday is on the 5th! . If we did Saturday the 9th of July that would probably work well, b/c that'll also give us a lot of time to plan it and get a lot of people there (maybe invite Utah if we want more). We could call it the Independence Day Showdown (or something like that) in lieu of the holiday
Or just "Independence Day" in lieu of the Movie No really, I don't care what we call it, but that sounds cool. I may do one before that if I get antsy. I talked to the store owner yesterday because I went back up there for a chiropractor appointment.(and I left my jacket there.) I would like to make the cash prize a store credit instead of just a cash prize. There is tons of cool stuff there but the bigger deal is that I want to support the store that is allowing us to come run our tournament. After checking out the stores blog and checking out some other stuff, I realized that on Friday they are open way later than that of Saturday. They are open until 10 or later for their Friday night magic. As far as bowls, towers, etc. I have some really cool designs that you guys should like. One will look like a hollowed tree that you can roll the dice down through the middle or the limbs into a little pond at the bottom. One will be a giant orc/ogre head that has the dice coming out of the mouth. Etc. Etc. I really like my art and workshop. I'm going to post them online as I make them and you guys will be able to kinda vote on which ones I bring for prizes.

Old March 22nd, 2016, 04:34 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the idea of supporting the game store. @adoney and I ran the Rexburg tournament that way. Putting all the prize money to the game store is just a really nice way to say thank you. The game store owner even ordered in some special items that we talked about that some of the tournament participants would be interested in.

Can't wait for the next Idaho tournament. It would be so fun to have a Utah vs. Idaho tournament down the road. There are some really good players in Utah, but from what I just saw at the last tournament, there are some really good players in Idaho too!
Old March 22nd, 2016, 05:30 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

I'd be up for July, The 9th isn't the best for me, but I can make it work. And, Trex, if you wanna do something before then hit me up, I'd be for it. I like the gamestore as a tourney location, so I'd be cool with the prize money being game store credit.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 06:06 PM
"like" happy

I'll see what I can pull off, The game store owner seemed pretty cool. I think if we have set prizes that people can plan bringing in the future that would be cool. I think that was pretty awesome of @Tiranx for bringing the castle set as a prize. If any of you guys have any ideas or suggestions on what you'd like to see as prizes that would help. I am going to do all kinds of themes on dice towers for starters.(suggestions are good). I'd also be for anyone putting up figures for prizes such as C3V, Original and HOSS.

Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:50 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

MAN!!! hahah I'm getting so excited for our next event already!! haha...I know it's months away, but dang...I can't wait

I agree 100%. @TREX I'm excited to see what designs you come up with...have you done custom design dice bowls before? And we can help with planning if you need us. Feel free to delegate, b/c we know you do work a lot

I agree with the store credit, it's a great way to give back. And set prizes will be a good way to incentivize people to come out too. For me, my skill is in custom terrain, so I'll probably do something like ticalla trees again or something else cool...I'll have to think about it...and I'd be up for suggestions from anyone who may be interested in seeing a specific custom terrain.

So, do we want to invite Utah up for our next tourney? if so...we should start soon haha...cause they were a 100% no show this last time and they'd known about it for months...lol

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:56 PM
"like" happy

@adoney , not sure if you've checked out my old terrain thread. I haven't posted all my stuff on there yet. I give it away to different people sometimes faster than I can post it. I've done custom towers and what not before and have the means to make some really cool stuff. I have a whole workshop full of stuff for scape terrain, etc. I've been collecting it for a while now. The reason I didn't take your ticalla trees wasn't cause they weren't awesome, its just that I've already made a couple dozen of them and still have material to make another couple dozen of them. But yeah, custom terrain, custom dice towers, custom figure sculpts and anything card wise custom from the site are all good prizes.

Old March 22nd, 2016, 11:37 PM

I have seen your stuff! very impressive. And no worries on the jungle trees...I'm sure Dart will use them just fine.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers