Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

View Poll Results: How do you feel about using Magic: AotP figures in Heroscape
No thanks, the unpainted figures would bug me. 8 13.79%
Yes, but only if they stay Planeswalkers - the characters are too iconic to retheme. 4 6.90%
Yes, but only if the Planeswalkers are rethemed as generic fantasy figures. 38 65.52%
None of the above. (Please post an explanation below.) 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 26th, 2017, 11:59 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Using Magic: AotP figures in Heroscape?

Given that so many people seem to be fine with Planeswalkers but not the creatures customs, I think that it could be useful to create a poll for what colors of the unpainted minis people are content with. Personally, if I don't like how one of the minis looks, I'll just refrain from using it, but it's still probably worth gathering some more detailed feedback.

Although being unpainted, the red and blue colors in particular just scream potential to me. Seeing an entire Moltarn/Fire faction be developed would be a dream come true, and the blue ones don't look bad, either.
Old November 27th, 2017, 12:50 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Given that so many people seem to be fine with Planeswalkers but not the creatures customs, I think that it could be useful to create a poll for what colors of the unpainted minis people are content with. Personally, if I don't like how one of the minis looks, I'll just refrain from using it, but it's still probably worth gathering some more detailed feedback.

Although being unpainted, the red and blue colors in particular just scream potential to me. Seeing an entire Moltarn/Fire faction be developed would be a dream come true, and the blue ones don't look bad, either.
But for those of us who do paint, we just lost out on that fire faction because we wanted our goblins to look normal.

I’m obviously biased because I paint, but I’d like to have the unpainted minis be normal and not some weird elemental just because if no paint. Get some pictures of someone’s paint job for the card.
Old November 27th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Do the Gnids come pre-painted?
Old November 27th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Do the Gnids come pre-painted?
Yes.

Old November 27th, 2017, 04:36 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

I didn't realize the Goblins were the see-through plastic too. Go figure.

With how recently the sets were in print and how cheaply WoTC is dropping them, I feel like this isn't something can simply dismiss completely. The Core Set alone at an absolute minimum contains 3 usable 3 man squads and 4 Heroes. That's like 2 1/2 packs in a Wave for 2020
But seriously, the Leyline Phantoms could be nightmares or related to The Varja, the Phoenixes and Firecats could be played straight or be new and exciting Fire Elementals.
Nissa could become an Elf hero, maybe a Cleric with a tree-boosted heal,
Jace is easily turned into a Blue Mage, and if we want to play off his illusions we totally can. (Maybe like C3G's Dr. Doom/Doombots or Mysterio/Mysterio Holograms?)
Chandra could make a really awesome antithesis to Evar Scarcarver (For the five of us who liked him )
Liliana can become almost any kind of mage, who's to say she needs to say a necromancer?

Obviously I'm gonna start making some customs of my own, but let's be honest: how many VC cards can you pick up for $5?

Last edited by Sir Yeshua; November 27th, 2017 at 04:37 PM. Reason: P.S. Gideon's not gonna work as a reskin. He just won't.
Old November 28th, 2017, 11:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Can we get all the Heroscape units converted over to Arena of the Planeswalkers instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 29th, 2017, 01:06 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Can we get all the Heroscape units converted over to Arena of the Planeswalkers instead?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally am not at all interested by the changes that Arena of the Planeswalkers made, especially in dealing with a spell deck. It would also be far more work to convert all of the HeroScape units over to that game, since there are so many more in existence.

That isn't to knock the idea, though. C3V/SoV and C3G have all gained a lot of traction here, and if the Magic community wants to start their own similar custom project, the HeroScape miniatures would be excellent choices. I just won't be participating in that project, since HeroScape appeals to me more.
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:32 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

To add to my voting for the 3rd option...
I would even accept the unpainted unique squads as magical/ethereal elements only...with the unpainted figures helping game play allowing a visual difference from the classic heroscape "story line" physically summoned units via the wellsprings.

If the unpainted were also incorporated, I would like to see the magical summon potential if possible, like Rechets of Bogdan or an airborne drop mechanic without having to incorporate spell cards.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old December 1st, 2017, 02:45 AM

Gwydion is surprisingly tart

At the very least I think the pre-painted figures ought to be used. They're of solid quality, widely available, and the vast majority of 'Scapers probably already have them. While I don't think the unpainted minis are nearly as nice, I honestly think that because of availability/people having them already, combined with the fact that it's already so difficult to find suitable figures, it would be passing up a pretty great opportunity to not use them for C3V/SoV. At least the leyline phantoms, firecats, phoenixes, and some of the others that look alright unpainted could be used. Just my thoughts.

"It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for." ~ Mouse Guard: Fall 1152, David Petersen
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:21 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Man, I must have really bad luck. I keep hearing about the 'quality' of the painted figures in the AotP sets, but I've yet to get a walker that didn't look like chewed bubblegum smeared in poop out of the four sets I own.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I like using the transluscent figures as phantoms/holograms/illusions/whatever. Leave the rest of the unpainted figures in the box, except as possible proxies for other units we design.
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:35 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Do agree with that. There’s maybe a couple you could maaaayne say were some kind of golem construct (the green ones come to mind) but there’s more than enough between all the painted and transculent figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs