Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 19th, 2021, 11:03 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: SchismaticSounds Home Custom's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Is Phoa Ra based on something? I'm not familiar with the name or Egyptian linguistics, and each of the three miniatures that are pictured imply a different culture. Personally, I really like the small mummy faction, whereas the generic undead units feel a bit more saturated.

Phoa Ra The Desert Lich
The range for the normal attack adds a nice bit of tension to Unholy Drain in theory, albeit when coupled with the heal, it might become a bit frustrating to go against. Personally, I think that Cursed Spirit works well enough with either of the two effects (either the negative spirit or the automatic wound). Focusing on one of the two would streamline the design a bit, and the automatic wound upon death is already a pretty unique power that opponents would have to play around.

Phoa Ra
I like this sculpt a lot more than the other one. I believe that there's also a mummy in the latest Pathfinder wave Bestiary Unleashed, if you're still looking for alternatives. It's a bit weird to call it a Guard, though, given that it seems to be wearing a nemes. Tough seems like something that could be dropped--there's definitely potential for frustration from lucky heals, an automatic shield, and a negative spirit on a bonding hero, and Unholy Smite/Drain and Cursed Spirit make for an interesting enough card on their own, IMO.

Shah'nte
I really like the idea of a harpy, especially under Valkrill. Flutter is a nice reuse from the Quorik Warwitch. The theme of pesk doesn't fully land right now, though--if the idea is that she's agitating figures of a certain size, then a defense drop rather than an attack buff would convey that a bit better along with tying into Valkrill's overarching faint debuff gameplay themes. Also, why does Pesk only work against medium or larger figures?
Great feedback and questions.
Phoa Ra is just an anagram for Pharaoh that sounded good (minus an "H") being similar to Sudemas inversive name.
Good point on mummy faction via undead vs undead.

I'm pretty set on keeping the wound and the defense debuff as well as allowing it to affect a unique squad, as would a buff spirit.

Phoa Ra the Desert Lich - was fun, though as you said possibly frustrating against. I liked the design because it remained a bit closer to my original designs intention. Now I've decided to change the name to the name of who the model is based on, Tar-Baphon and change the general to Valkrill, dropping Cursed Spirit. May work on it again some.

Phoa Ra - That's true that guard might not work because of this and may make the bonding feel forced though I also don't see why not in some ways, which digs into what the background of the guards themes are. What are they guarding? Someone, some thing?

Being physically same appearance wise, it seems like tough would be an assumed trait for the mummy, at least that’s how think about it. I had not updated that post, but decided to remove unholy smite. I could now see it both ways, maybe keeping unholy smite and removing tough. But as I've gone, unholy smite has been removed and left for Tar-Baphon.

Shah'nte - I suppose my reasoning for pest could be that a harpy would not be as inclined to bother a smaller creature as a larger one. My first thought that originated the ability was a scene in Jason and the Argonauts where the 2 harpies harass the old blind man. Subtracting a defense would be appropriate though! Being under Valkrill. Even though I think subtracting defense can be overused.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; August 20th, 2021 at 01:28 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards