Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 16th, 2016, 05:56 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I think 3 base attack would be fine, not sure about the cost without hearing how the figure performs.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 18th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Run down is a very solid power without using Powerful Shot. I'd try playtesting it at the lower point cost with only Run Down and see how it performs.
How do people feel about this? Does it take away too much from the mechanics of Swaysil? Is simplifying the card somewhat worth it?

I've tested this with Swaysil having only 2 attack, and she performed poorly. Would giving her a base attack of 3 be too much?
Completely depends on how you want her to play. If you want her to be a run-and-gun, drop Powerful Shot and give her 3 base attack. I think it makes her too similar to other run-and-gunners, though, and she'll probably be outshined by Guilty. I like the 2 base attack + Powerful Shot + Run Down, as it leaves run-and-gunning open but encourages bold rushes when the time is right.
Old January 20th, 2016, 10:04 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Swaysil of the Northlands a bold Feylund Archer Centaur

Spoiler Alert!

I'm really liking this version of Swaysil, and I think she's just about ready for submission to the SOV.

At 50 points she adds a lot to an army as filler, but don't fool yourself, she is extremely squishy. She has a nice offensive punch and is very quick, but you need to use a lot of strategy when using her or playing against her. She leads to extremely bold gameplay in the late game (a big plus I think). She can run and gun, but if the enemy is quick, or the odds aren't looking great, you want to crash her into melee, stomp some people, and fire off some powerful shots. If she gets engaged, you're gonna want to make a run for it, but just back up a few spaces so she can loose some lightning bolts. It all takes a bunch of guts to let the enemy take free shots at your last figure on the field, but it can be worth it.

Is she priced a bit low? Possibly. However, I don't think she's quite at the same level of Guilty McCreech.

What does everyone think about changing the name of Powerful Shot to Powerful Shot 1? The ability doesn't seem like something just one archer would utilize, and a more powerful archer might have a better close range attack.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 21st, 2016, 01:19 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm curious how she plays. Run Down is somewhat reliable at 9 or higher so I wonder if an auto-wounding ability like that would make her a nice counter to a tough unique squad like the Tagawa Samurai. She'll be vulnerable in the process but sometimes that it is worth trading slightly more points to cripple a unique squad like that.

I think Point Blank Shot is more resonant that Powerful Shot. Point Blank Shot 1 seems a fine name for an ability that would be easy to reuse.

50 may be a bit low if you compare her to someone like Me-Burq-Sa but without synergy she may work out.
Old January 21st, 2016, 08:46 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I'm curious how she plays. Run Down is somewhat reliable at 9 or higher so I wonder if an auto-wounding ability like that would make her a nice counter to a tough unique squad like the Tagawa Samurai. She'll be vulnerable in the process but sometimes that it is worth trading slightly more points to cripple a unique squad like that.

I think Point Blank Shot is more resonant that Powerful Shot. Point Blank Shot 1 seems a fine name for an ability that would be easy to reuse.

50 may be a bit low if you compare her to someone like Me-Burq-Sa but without synergy she may work out.
Run Down is fairly reliable, however, it can backfire very very easily. She is good at taking down a high pointage, high-defense figure or two, or even some ranged figures due to her speed and Run Down. She's usually good for taking down one of the Krav, however, return fire, especially if she fails her Run Down roll, does lots of damage to her.

50 is a bit low, I feel I priced her a bit low and I like that. She's a bit of a gamble really. If your Run Down rolls are falling, she's not much good (unless you're using her as run and gun cleanup {and a lot of the time she's crash and smash cleanup}).

I believe Scytale suggested "Point Blank Shot" as well. It sounds good to me.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old April 29th, 2016, 11:33 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I wanted to discuss this with my fellow judges but it can apply to multiple people so I figured I'd do that here. What do we think for using figures from the Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers as common figures?

The game itself is pretty cheap and can be easily found for around $20. Getting individual figures from it is a little harder to find but I have found color sets selling for around $8. As a point of reference, the D&D Master set included only a single squad of the Drow.

The Magic miniatures face an additional problem in that they are unpainted. The particular design that I am workshopping themes the squad as animated black blood to get around that.

Here is the full design in question, although my main point is whether these figures would be an acceptable route for SoV in the first place.
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 29th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I doubt VC would go along with $20 per squad, especially unpainted (even if there's a good reason for the colorlessness). If box had more useable stuff, then it's possible.
Old April 29th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

About 40% of the Arena miniatures are translucent - two squads of shimmering blue illusions, two squads of cats/phoenixes made of fire. They're not really any different than the Elementals, so I think they're fully justifiable.
Old April 29th, 2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I doubt VC would go along with $20 per squad, especially unpainted (even if there's a good reason for the colorlessness). If box had more useable stuff, then it's possible.
I would contend the box does have more usable stuff as johnny139 pointed out. The other black squad could carry a similar theme, the green plants are at least feasible, and the blue and red squads could be easily done. However, where would the onus on using these squads be placed? I have a single design requiring multiple squads but we'd probably want several more options there for it to make sense (5-7 squads+unique heroes doesn't sound too bad for around $20).
Old April 29th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I can say having a copy of AotP, I don't think that the Black Zombies are feasible. They clearly look unpainted. The Red and Blue units (not to mention the planes walkers themselves) look great, but not the Black, white or green.

I would vote no on the unpaintedness alone.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 1st, 2016, 05:00 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure about the black units. I agree with wriggz about the green ones. I think (some of) the White Units could pass as animated granite constructs or something.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 1st, 2016, 07:16 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

There's also, of course, the planeswalkers themselves, which are painted and make for 5 perfectly serviceable fantasy-themed heroes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards