Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 1st, 2023, 11:29 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Well met!

Pathfinder figures in general are readily available.

Last edited by kolakoski; August 1st, 2023 at 02:17 PM.
Old August 1st, 2023, 02:32 PM

ogblaha is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
What is the figure's availability?
I was able to find at least 100 from 4 different sites
Old August 1st, 2023, 02:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Not to be obtuse (we know Google exists), but it's helpful if you list the top sites and how many you can find at each.
Old August 1st, 2023, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Not to be obtuse (we know Google exists), but it's helpful if you list the top sites and how many you can find at each.
It looks like gamersroll andd atomic empire have 1000 of them each and that's just two sites I looked at
Old August 1st, 2023, 04:06 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I asked my rep out of curiosity, I could order over 100 of these from alliance right now if I wanted to. These prepainted blister packs are well stocked.
Old August 1st, 2023, 04:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I do not believe that GamersRoll actually has 1000.

But to be helpful I did some looking (this is what an availability check should look like, in general):

GameNerdz: 16
MiniatureMarket: 7
Stone Valley Games: 2
ToyStreet [UK]: 126 (I checked, this is not an inventory artifact, other figures have lower limits)
NobleKnight: 5 (their eBay store lists 10+)

Atomic Empire: In Stock
GamersRoll: In Stock
GameOlogy: In Stock
Walmart: In Stock
Amazon: In Stock

------------------------

As to the design in question, I think it looks pretty solid. I'm afraid it might be overcosted, but there's some good restraint in the design (like the once per turn thing). Incognito will need some work to bring it into standard heroscape wording but that's a concern for later, if we get there.

to review.
Old August 1st, 2023, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I do not believe that GamersRoll actually has 1000.

But to be helpful I did some looking (this is what an availability check should look like, in general):

GameNerdz: 16
MiniatureMarket: 7
Stone Valley Games: 2
ToyStreet [UK]: 126 (I checked, this is not an inventory artifact, other figures have lower limits)
NobleKnight: 5 (their eBay store lists 10+)

Atomic Empire: In Stock
GamersRoll: In Stock
GameOlogy: In Stock
Walmart: In Stock
Amazon: In Stock

------------------------

As to the design in question, I think it looks pretty solid. I'm afraid it might be overcosted, but there's some good restraint in the design (like the once per turn thing). Incognito will need some work to bring it into standard heroscape wording but that's a concern for later, if we get there.

to review.
I just went to gamersroll and added 1000 to my cart and it let me proceed to put in my card info. If that's not the right way to go about finding out inventory I would appreciate learning the correct way
Old August 1st, 2023, 04:25 PM
This is merely a joke.

I believe that, and I still don't believe that they have 1000 in their warehouse. Many sites don't have strict inventory counts unless they are low (which is a good sign for overall availability but does not indicate a 4-digit number).

Either way, there's definitely enough of this girl out there.
Old August 1st, 2023, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I believe that, and I still don't believe that they have 1000 in their warehouse. Many sites don't have strict inventory counts unless they are low (which is a good sign for overall availability but does not indicate a 4-digit number).

Either way, there's definitely enough of this girl out there.
Makes sense what is the best way to find a definite count
Old August 1st, 2023, 04:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

Unfortunately for a site like that the best way is to email or call them and ask. But short of that you can just list it as in stock for us here without giving a definite number.
Old August 1st, 2023, 05:00 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I do not like how Incognito works as it adds a memory mechanic that adds little to the design. Once injured she loses the ability, even if she is fully healed. It would be simpler and would not require memory if she simply had the ability as long as she did not have any wounds. The gameplay difference is minimal and the thematic difference isn't worth the extra words or the memory mechanic.

I'm also not sold on Lyrical Inspiration. The theme is good but markers are used sparingly in VC (and official) because they are a slippery slope of messiness. It does seem that they are a necessary part of the design, but twelve is a boatload of them. That has a clunky feel, and it will be almost always better to use them them up quickly due to the snowball effect and because she can get killed. It's also just so much better to use them for attacks than defense in most cases. So though it seems like a power with a lot of good decision points at first glance, optimal use eliminates most options making it pretty much just a limited-duration attack boost aura.

I appreciate the modest stats, and the left-side stat block looks good and the name and general are fine. I just think the powers aren't the best they can be and could use some iterating. I recommend making use of the Pre-SoV Workshop to get feedback and ideas for refinement.

I vote to review Jezabella
Old August 1st, 2023, 07:47 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quick Votes

Kafnirra - I like how this keeps the knight bonding with ranged heroes in check while helping the MacDirks. I don't know if I'm sold on it all the way but that feels like playtesting concerns.

Necromage - I like giving the thralls more help and this figure seems like an interesting way to do that. I don't care too much about empty space vs space, although I am curious. This wouldn't allow you to place a figure on top of an enemy figure right? Either way intent is clear and specific wording can be worked out later.

Jezabella - I am in agreement with Scytale regarding both powers. The only other thing that eats at the back of my brain is the name Jezabella sounds like it's trying to invoke the name Jezebel which is a name with very loaded connotations. I would recommend against this. I would be hesitant to upvote that name at a final vote even if I liked everything else about the unit.

~Dysole, popping in super quick

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs