Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 27th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: The HelmAverse Custom Expansion Sets- Leptars card is up

Leptars look great, and one improvement you made over the Brothers Tor is that you put Life 6 rather than Life 1. The wording is clear enough that the wounds are collective rather than separate.

Lunge is a nice mechanic as well. I didn't really think about it in the initial writeup, but I do agree that lengthening the move and shortening the jump captures the flavor of the ability better.
Old June 10th, 2011, 01:16 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The HelmAverse Custom Expansion Sets

I'm just giving this thread a bump by letting you know, I got my Nessie figure (for the Sesnie custom), and the Leptar figures in the mail today! I found them online last weekend.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old June 24th, 2011, 07:20 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Leptars updated. Sorry I took so long. I was always gonna do it, then I'd forget, then remember & then gonna get to it, & so on. . But it's done now.

Cheers
Old June 25th, 2011, 04:24 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for updating the card. Soon I will be able to test these guys out.

Hymar's_Temple
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks again, A3n and please don't worry or apologize regarding your time frames. I've been very absent lately myself and can't expect you to help me out on-demand. We're partners buddy, working at our own snails pace.

I'm going on vacation toward the end of next week so I don't know if I'll get to a new card prior to that. But if I do, please take your time as your stuff is always worth the wait.

1more, I would love it if you gave these guys a lunge through the SciFi hexagonal gardens. Thanks for helping out with the feedback.
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:44 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The HelmAverse Custom Expansion Sets- (new army prototyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
And the Steamwalkers (also coming real soon) are Mage Knight pieces called "Steam Golem" and "Steam Knight"... at least I think that's what they were called.
Hi Matt,
It's great to see more HavokScape. I've picked up a couple of nice lots over here in the UK on eBay.
I've looked for the model number for your Steamwalkers but can't find them (presuming you're using the ones you used for Dr. Who).
Please can you let me know which specific Mage Knight figures you plan to use and whether the card(s) will be common or unique?
Thanks
Steve
PS - Fulton's now made it to 3 universes! Rel-Warc-Thorn and Ka'Harena next?
Old June 27th, 2011, 03:32 PM

Originally, he created them as a unique squad, but he is now working on a common card because I got too excited a purchased multiple squads--he is trying to help people like me out.
Here are some Ebay auctions for the figures Matt Helm used for the Steamwalkers:

In Copper -
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mage-Knight-2-0-...item2c57d7d8b0

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mage-Knight-2-0-...item1c1629ba34

In Blue -
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mage-Knight-2-0-...item2c5cc12d7d

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mage-Knight-2-0-...item1c18257ec8

Hymar's_Temple
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the assist 1moreheroscaper, you hit the nail on the head. Those are the Mage Knight figures used in the Steamwalkers and yes they are being changed to a common squad as outlined. The figures are inexpensive enough and will play better in Havok as commons (where as in Dr. Who, I wanted Fulton and his 2 bodyguards to kind of be unique... luckily though, thanks to 1moreheroscapers ambitious purchase, I've been able to see the light).

streaky2007, thanks again for playing in the HelmAverse. I kind of cringe when I look at my write ups on the Garada/Helm Hellboy for Heroscape line. I was a young newb as far as customs go and Garada was the producer of the more polished cards in that set. Don't get me wrong, they're playable, but I think that Fulton and the Steamwalkers improved when I decided to try and create a Dr. Who universe and have now improved more as they enter the official HelmAverse (my Doctor Who, Star Wars and Hellboy-for-Heroscape cards were never finalized to be considered in the HelmAverse) through this Havok based SciFi line.

In my superhero custom thread, I've created a Hellboy and now an Abe for the HelmAverse. Plans are to create Liz Sherman and then update Roger and Ben Damio from my prior cards (both will be similar to what Garada and I had produced but definitely more refined).

But I haven't forgotten this thread by any stretch. If you look in the 2nd post (I think), you'll see the list of cards I'm definitely planning on creating (since I was lucky enough to get the figures). Hopefully sometime soon I'll more to present through the eyes and fingers of the magical A3n.
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Captain Underpants

Boy it has been nearly 3 months since I updated this thread with some new cards. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to get any prepared for A3n-Goodness but I do plan on getting to those listed in the 2nd post. And maybe some of them soon.

I did get a chance to try out some of the first few customs in this set over this past weekend but it was in no way a playtest. I happened to be playing against my son and therefore I allowed him 1000 points of Super Heroes (he really likes playing HelmAverse Supers) while I took something like 650 points of Havokscape. I figured he would have fun destroying me but I could really test drive a few cards with a challenging test of unwinnable odds.

He did pummel me pretty bad but kid luck with the dice played just as much a role as anything. He always had the shields to match my skulls.

In the end, I really liked how the Darkest Suns played out and Col Shabnek was satisfying as well. The 47th line was disappointing but the map didn't play to them and their opponent seemed indestructible. Meanwhile Hengist was great with the X Marker helping my initative but one bad roll and he got smoked awful fast. In conclusion, I do like the was they play so luckily, no sudden desire to change anything on those cards. Eventually, I really want to play some Battleballers against my son.

By the way, 1moreheroscaper has been selling some Havok figures here in the States and that's a lot easier than trying to get them from across the pond. Even if you don't play in the HelmAverse, I encourage you to take a look at the figures for your own custom project ideas.
Old October 16th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Captain Underpants

Long time coming but I believe I at least owe a reveal of the Steamwalkers as a common squad. I didn't realize it at first, but making them common forced me to simplify their abilities significantly. No longer are they the two unit unique wrecking crem to battle in my tiny attempt at a Dr. Who Universe. Now they come to the Havokscape battle as a potential army. Therefore, I had to curb their power and decide to create a real bond with Fulton (or any other potential Tinker that someone else could add in to their own custom world).

Now they basically play as a 3-unit squad with Fulton being the 3rd unit in that squad.

Hopefully A3n has the time... and the computer/photobucket capabilities to help us out yet again (it seems all of the other HelmAverse cards have disappeared off of the net... temporarily I hope).

So here it goes...
------------------------------------------------

STEAMWALKERS
QA’AN

STEAMBOT
COMMON SQUAD
DEATHWALKERS
RELENTLESS
MEDIUM 6

LIFE: 1
MOVE: 4
RANGE: 4
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

TINKER BONDING
Before taking a turn with Steamwalkers, you may first take a turn with any Tinker you control.

STEAM BLAST
When a Steamwalker attacks a non-adjacent figure, reduce the number of attack dice rolled by the minimum number of spaces between the attacking Steamwalker and the targeted figure.
------------------------------------------

Hopefully A3n, you still have the photos of these guys that you took for the old version of the card. If not, let me know.

NOTE: Also, good buddy, old pal, old chum, best-est mate... as this is a Qa'an card, I was wondering if you would be willing to experiment with the shading on that template for me.

I don't know how anyone else who has used these cards feels but for me, the orange on Qa'an is very close to the red on Karn so I was wondering if we could see what it would look like if we lightened the shade of the orange a notch or two. I don't mean to suggest an overhaul but maybe lightening the orange would help distinguish the two armies from each other a bit.

Or maybe it is the black accent as opposed to the usual white that is tricking me into thinking that the orange is dark and therefore close to the red. I don't know, maybe I'm being awful picky for a guy who hasn't had time to hang here in a while.

Just some thoughts from a crazy old man.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 16th, 2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old October 18th, 2011, 03:32 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm
Hopefully A3n has the time... and the computer/photobucket capabilities to help us out yet again (it seems all of the other HelmAverse cards have disappeared off of the net... temporarily I hope).
What do you mean by this? When I look at the OP all cards appear to be there?

Anyway here's the Steamwalkers on the adjusted template:

If the colour is ok now, let me know & I will update the others.

Last edited by A3n; January 3rd, 2024 at 09:05 AM.
Old October 18th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Captain Underpants

I don't know about you but I love it. It is definitely orange as opposed to Karn-Red and yet maintains that old rust/rustic look that I had originally been seeking. You always seem to read my mind. Please feel free to update all of the Qa'an cards at your convenience.

Also, what do you think about a power name change from "STEAM BLAST" to "PRESSURIZED STEAM" or even "LOSS OF PRESSURE"? I didn't think about it until I saw it on the card but Steam Blast sounds strong yet the ability itself is actually a weakening effect. Therefore, I would think that the title of the power should reflect that loss of power.

So what do you think?

LOSS OF PRESSURE or PRESSURIZED STEAM

(As far as the disappearing comment, I must have just had a cache glitch or something. When I logged in that day, the whole collection of cards was not showing up and I couldn't get to the photobucket website. It must have been my bad and I apologize for the confusion.

... coming soon, the Pteravore Razors... as well as a few cards in the HelmAverse Superscape line.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards