Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 7th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Dark Phoenix - Designing

1) It's Jean Grey's body - I don't see how that's not still Jean Grey in terms of game mechanics. The reason we have secret identities is so that two of the same one can't walk around at the same time ... if it's her body, then it should apply.

2) I like it. But I helped Griff get it to where it is, so I'm admittedly biased.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 7th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I just wanted to hear from A3n on what he thinks would be a cool mechanic. As I do see why he would think auto-wounds are being overused on this design. Would something like this be more fun?

Psionic Wave
If Dark Phoenix defends against a normal attack and does not receive any wounds, the opponent's turn immediately ends. Take temporary control of the attacking figure. Move the attacking figure then return control of the figure to the player who controlled it before the Psionic Wave. Figures moved with Psionic Wave will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Might need a new name, but I like the variation on Reactive Mind Control.
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:33 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't like having two powers on her dependent on the opponent to attack her. It makes putting an Order Marker on her unappealing. Why do I want to take a turn with her at all if all I get to do is attack once and then hope the opponent attacks back so I can finally do some cool stuff?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 8th, 2012, 12:55 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think, from researching her a bit, that Dark Phoenix may have been retconned to have been Madeline Pryor (a clone of Jean and the mother of Cable). I think that may have been what Spidey was informing Griff of. I could be entirely wrong, though.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old June 8th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Well that's not how she is portrayed in the comics. I think the progression of Jean Greys is more iconic.
Old June 8th, 2012, 01:00 AM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

And as far as the wave causing wounds, I thought Griff was kind of going for the end of X3, as waves of destructive psionic energy are literally pulsing out of her body.

So they should be damaging, not 'mind-controlling'.

Old June 8th, 2012, 01:03 AM

Never mind, I misread the wikipedia page. It is Jean Grey, just not her mind in control. Carry on.

Old June 8th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
And as far as the wave causing wounds, I thought Griff was kind of going for the end of X3, as waves of destructive psionic energy are literally pulsing out of her body.

So they should be damaging, not 'mind-controlling'.
I definitely see that and could see changing the power name here. But I think the auto-wounds may be over done here.
Old June 8th, 2012, 01:38 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I just wanted to hear from A3n on what he thinks would be a cool mechanic. As I do see why he would think auto-wounds are being overused on this design. Would something like this be more fun?

Psionic Wave
If Dark Phoenix defends against a normal attack and does not receive any wounds, the opponent's turn immediately ends. Take temporary control of the attacking figure. Move the attacking figure then return control of the figure to the player who controlled it before the Psionic Wave. Figures moved with Psionic Wave will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Might need a new name, but I like the variation on Reactive Mind Control.
It is something different, but I am with this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I don't like having two powers on her dependent on the opponent to attack her. It makes putting an Order Marker on her unappealing. Why do I want to take a turn with her at all if all I get to do is attack once and then hope the opponent attacks back so I can finally do some cool stuff?
Old June 8th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Tickle Pickle

Then I am out of suggestions. Do you have a problem moving forward with this design as is A3n? I don't want to just dismiss your feedback, but you do seem to be in the minority here by not liking the design. I think it looks fun as it currently is in the SP.
Old June 8th, 2012, 11:49 AM

I could see something focused on movement and/or Order Marker removal for the power instead of auto wounds. But it should definitely be a power you can use on her turn.

There should never be a situation where taking a turn with Dark Phoenix is less exciting than taking a turn with Phoenix or Jean Grey after they've both died.

Old June 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Then I am out of suggestions. Do you have a problem moving forward with this design as is A3n? I don't want to just dismiss your feedback, but you do seem to be in the minority here by not liking the design. I think it looks fun as it currently is in the SP.
I have never said I would stop this design as it is. As long as it's mechanically sound, thematic enough, & costed correctly I won't block a design. This still ticks all those & quite frankly we need figures that appeal to some & not others in our mix. I know that, & won't stop it if the card is sound & a key theme isn't being missed. Sadly I don't know the character well enough to say a key theme is missed or help you with a thematic power, so by all means proceed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library