Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 12th, 2014, 01:58 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Conflict Chernobyl - Vote Public PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'll put them behind the ruins and off the road in my initial and see how it plays. If it goes well I'll update the pic & file accordingly. If not then I'll try them out somewhere else until we find a good spot.
Yea then.
Old December 12th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I've played on this map a couple of times, and I really like it. It's makes for some fun fast paced games, but it's not too fast. The heights and the jungle pieces are placed very nicely, and I like how the water tiles separate the battle at times.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old December 12th, 2014, 01:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the feedback V, care to turn your experiences into a more formal report? With 5 votes now I think we can say that proposal has passed. If I can get some testing done by the end of next week I'll be sure to use this board.
Old December 12th, 2014, 02:37 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Thanks for the feedback V, care to turn your experiences into a more formal report?
I plan to run some more games soon and I'll likely be using it again. I'll write it up formally then.

Old December 12th, 2014, 07:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Cool, thanks!
Old December 12th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old December 13th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Yea

Old December 14th, 2014, 02:07 PM

As promised:

C3G MAP PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST MAP Conflict Chernobyl

- Overall Look: Pass, it’s a nice looking map.

- Stability: It’s a very stable map. Pass

- Build difficulty: I didn’t do the building, but it seemed to go up easy.

- Size: Medium-Small.

- Unit types positively affected: Due to the use of jungle pieces, asphalt/concrete, and water, there are plenty of units with powers that benefit from this map, but not in any sort of unbalanced way.

- Unit types negatively affected: None come to mind, even slower melee units do just fine on this map.

- Key areas on the Map: In my games the center height saw most of the attention.

- Areas not used much or at all: The far sides (where the roads run) didn’t got a lot of activity in my games, but I wasn’t using the glyphs.

Game 1:
Units: Yukio, Wild Child, Black King, Omega Red (800 points) VS Piledriver, Bulldozer, Wrecker, Thunderball (800 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2:
Units: Yukio, Jubilee, Gorgon, Quicksilver (695 points) VS Nightwing, Cyborg, Superboy (Kon-El), Beast Boy (T-Rex) (700 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3:
Units: Yukio, Psylocke, Silver Samurai (610 points) VS Harley Quinn, Carnage, Scorpion (610 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts: Even though it's a relatively small map, I like the pace it plays at. It's fast, but it stills gives the players a little time to position/set-up before getting hit by their opponent. The heights are nicely built as focal points for the battle, but due to most of them being pretty wide, multiple figures can fit on there, keeping them balanced. The jungle helps to keep things balanced between range and melee, and the water adds some nice division to the map.

Overall, I really enjoyed playing on it and it feels perfectly balanced in my opinion.

Old December 14th, 2014, 02:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Awesome! Thanks V.
Old December 17th, 2014, 09:22 PM
C3G Landlord

C3G STANDARD MAP PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE MAP TESTED (Conflict Chernobyl)

- OVERALL LOOK/THEME TEST/ Let us know if the map’s theme comes across effectively or not, how visually appealing it is or is not to you, etc.
Pass
- STABILITYTEST/Any issues you find with the map’s ability to hold together during game play and/or the feasibility to moving the map around from table to floor or from car to event.
Pass
- BUILD DIFFICUTLY/ Was it hard to follow the directions or figure out where pieces go?
No
- SIZE IMPACT/ How big is the map when fully assembled in comparison to other maps you enjoy playing on? Does the map’s size have any negative or positive ramifications?
It is on the small side and relatively flat with only 3 height level changes.
- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the map was fun to play on.
Pass
- COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the map would best be a competitive, casual, or scenario based map (more than one option can be listed). Please explain why you feel that way.
Competitive, everything is well spaced out and mirrored. Lots of trees to protect slower melee units from ranged attackers.
- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the map offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Yes, the water breaks up the small board nicely and forces you to consider carefully how you want to move around it. The roads led behind a wall and too a glyph, giving you a safe place to regroup should you lose control of the center of the board.
-Unit types positively affected:
Units with water or tree based powers like Aquaman and Poison Ivy are happy here. Fast units like the rapid deployment and first strike options presented.
-Unit types negatively affected:
Slow moving armies that want to stick close together may find that they have ceded the central high ground by the time they get themselves set up.
-Key areas on the Map:
The center high ground and plant life is going to be the primary battle ground most of the time with forces trying to use the side roads for flanking maneuvers.
-Areas not used much or at all:
Once out of the start zones there is little reason to ever go back.
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

FINAL THOUGHTS – I’m pretty happy with how the map plays and the glyph placement seemed perfectly fine to me. I would change the glyph pool to just one of each though instead of 2 of each. Getting 2 Pit Trap glyphs in one game was rough.
Old December 17th, 2014, 09:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Updated the FP with the map image & VS file showing where I placed the glyphs for my tests. The glyphs are 9 hexes away from each start zone, off the road, and one is fully behind the long wall while the other one is at the end of the short wall. They seemed well placed during my tests although the glyphs ended up not being used in the second one. I posted the map play test report above, along with a recommendation that the glyph pool be reduced to just one of each glyph.
Old December 18th, 2014, 11:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Between the tests & feedback from me, Viegon, and Trollbrute are we good to go here or do you all want me to post this up in the public play test thread?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library