Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 5th, 2016, 01:20 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: So much pointless technicality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
What about Runa and her Helm of Mitonsul? There's no size limitation to that, right? How hard is it to roll a 20 anyway..?
Ah, but that only has a range of 3!

Laglor could also contest for infinite attacks with Range 7 I believe, although he maxes out at 2 skulls per attack, saving one for the blank.

~TAF
If going up against infinite Rats, couldn't Brunak get infinite kills too?

Still, DW8K is king of mowing lawns. Or fields of vipers.
Brunak could get a lot of kills for sure, but it would be limited to how many Rats you can get adjacent to him due to his Special Attack negating Scatter (which is still a lot).
But if you want to get ridiculous numbers of kills, the best I've read about is a Shaolin Monk against infinite Rats if the Rat-player uses Scatter to keep moving them adjacent. (SotM Raelin works for this too.) That's the only truly indefinite scenario I've seen (assuming you don't have a limit on the number of Rats).

Of course, when it comes to consistently burning through high-point squaddies, Braxas is definitely one of my top picks any day.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; February 5th, 2016 at 01:21 AM. Reason: See? I kind of stayed on topic...
Old February 5th, 2016, 06:42 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Braxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNellZ22 View Post
Discluding marvel-Braxas has the potential to take down 550 points In a single order marker!! That's right one order marker. How? That is by targeting Spartacus[200], Taelord[180], and Srgt Drake (SOTM)[170]. I believe that these are the highest priced small/medium figures to date, again excluding marvel. No other figure in the game has the potential to deal this amount of damage in a single order marker.

Thanks, thought it was worth noting.

As a noob, I dont really understand this. Who is going to put Spartacus, Taelord and Sgt Drake in a Little Group in front of Braxas? So other than just a quiz question of hypothetical situations, what does it matter, its never going to happen in a game?
Old February 5th, 2016, 10:31 AM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekoxe1 View Post
Quote:
Discluding marvel-Braxas has the potential to take down 550 points In a single order marker!! That's right one order marker. How? That is by targeting Spartacus[200], Taelord[180], and Srgt Drake (SOTM)[170]. I believe that these are the highest priced small/medium figures to date, again excluding marvel. No other figure in the game has the potential to deal this amount of damage in a single order marker.

As a noob, I dont really understand this. Who is going to put Spartacus, Taelord and Sgt Drake in a Little Group in front of Braxas? So other than just a quiz question of hypothetical situations, what does it matter, its never going to happen in a game?
Nope, basically just that lol
Old February 5th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekoxe1 View Post
Quote:

Nope, basically just that lol
For more Hypothetical situations check out this thread:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ghlight=damage

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 5th, 2016, 01:53 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Well noted.

I mentioned this as I played a game with Braxas recently (admittingly one of my fav characters) against myself (sad I know, as I have no one too play with.) anyway I played a sort of "quest" involving 3 different maps of play. The final portion of the "quest" was for the eleven party consisting of ULGINESH, jordawn, emiroon, arkmer, kyntella, WoA x2 and syvarris totalling 600 points against Braxas, green scales x3 and Rhogar-500 points. The goal was to slay the evil dragon who has been terrorizing the Eleven people for more years than it was worth to count. The dragon team was perched Nicely up on a mountain per say and After theoryscaping for sometime figured that would compensate for the point difference. I had fielded these elves for some time and admittingly was rooting for them to complete the mission so there is a sort of biased there. However the battle did not go as expected. The elves seemed to be doing very well as emiroon landed his teleportation and warped syvarris and 2 WoA into position. The greenies engaged some WoA while Braxas and Rhogar advanced from the rear. Syvarris managed to land some nice hits on Braxas but only to have some of the wounds removed within a few turns. Arkmer and Kyntella were receiving and giving all kinds of defense bonuses however Jordawn was limited as I didn't want to melt my own Warriors. I decided to take the risk and put some wounds on Rhogar and Braxas as well as too greens scales, all at the cost of 1 WoA. And that's when it happened, just when the battle was looking good in two turns Braxas melted away a full health syvarris, jordawn and 3 WoA. Order marker management was now a mess as syvarris had order marker 2 on him so that was forfeited, and three belong to Uglinesh who was now swamped with green scales. It didn't take long from there as Braxas proceeded to melt everything in her path, the two remaining green scales were rolling 4 attack dice and made short work of Uglinesh and Rhogar was fire blasting while healing.

The battle did not go as I intended...it wasn't until the 3rd game the elves were finally victorious, despite having a 100 point advantage.
If you play games by your self that's not terrible, you should try your hand at play testing. That way more positive things come from your game. All the custom groups are in need of play testers including HOSS, C3V, and the super C3G. They'd all be happy to use the results of your single handed play tests.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 5th, 2016, 02:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah I do all my play testing games solo, then I can just relax and have fun without needing to keep track of anything when I play with friends. If you enjoy playing games solo, might as well make it a play test for one of the custom groups. It gives you a chance to see new units early and new units can always spice up the game a bit. If you are looking for someone to play against though, I have not yet tried it myself but quite a few people around here play each other online so you can look into that. Their are also quite a few New York players on this site, talk to them about local games.
Old December 8th, 2017, 08:31 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I was looking at Braxas in relation to the Samurai earlier today and nearly had a stroke. I'd say that she's even more potent against them than just about any other faction that comes to mind--at least the rats and other squad-based armies can rely on numbers!

All she needs is one turn to practically delete any Samurai squad from the game (one will likely survive, but by that point their value is practically nil), and I shudder at the thought of facing her with the Unique Samurai squads (particularly the Tagawa Samurai, who come at a whopping 40 points per figure). The best that they can hope to do is at least wound her before dying, but that's highly reliant on getting the height and the first attack, which is extremely difficult when considering that she has flying and a total threat range of 10 for her breath).

The Kozuke Samurai should at least deal some significant damage to her before falling, but that's reliant on them actually being able to reach her, which, even with their full charge of 8 move, isn't possible to do without being within her range for at least one turn. The poor Izumi can't do a thing, as their feeble 2 attack will barely scratch her, and the Tagawa Samurai need time to build up their bloodlust.

Hopefully Kaemon Awa's in the backline, because none of the Samurai will last long against Braxas. I don't know if I've ever seen one unit counter an entire faction so heavily before, with the possible exception of the Omnicron Repulsors.
Old December 9th, 2017, 06:00 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I was looking at Braxas in relation to the Samurai earlier today and nearly had a stroke. I'd say that she's even more potent against them than just about any other faction that comes to mind--at least the rats and other squad-based armies can rely on numbers!

All she needs is one turn to practically delete any Samurai squad from the game (one will likely survive, but by that point their value is practically nil), and I shudder at the thought of facing her with the Unique Samurai squads (particularly the Tagawa Samurai, who come at a whopping 40 points per figure). The best that they can hope to do is at least wound her before dying, but that's highly reliant on getting the height and the first attack, which is extremely difficult when considering that she has flying and a total threat range of 10 for her breath).

The Kozuke Samurai should at least deal some significant damage to her before falling, but that's reliant on them actually being able to reach her, which, even with their full charge of 8 move, isn't possible to do without being within her range for at least one turn. The poor Izumi can't do a thing, as their feeble 2 attack will barely scratch her, and the Tagawa Samurai need time to build up their bloodlust.

Hopefully Kaemon Awa's in the backline, because none of the Samurai will last long against Braxas. I don't know if I've ever seen one unit counter an entire faction so heavily before, with the possible exception of the Omnicron Repulsors.
Agents and kyrie hate her too.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 9th, 2017, 03:27 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Good point! The Einar Imperium are even more expensive than the Tagawa Samurai. Then again, I think that those units generally hate a lot of stuff, too... Three defense just sounds painful when they cost that much, and Kiova can only help that so much.

It's nice to remember that plenty of other stuff hates Braxas, too, though.

Last edited by Astroking112; December 9th, 2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Minor text fixes.
Old December 9th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Good point! The Einar Imperium are even more expensive than the Tagawa Samurai. Then again, I think that those units generally hate a lot of stuff, too... Three defense just sounds painful when they cost that much, and Kiova can only help that so much.

The Einar Imperium are crap, far too fragile for what they cost - the CUC version is the only one worth bothering with most of the time. She's great at shredding Sentinels and Minions, though, especially since those guys are really hard to fell with regular attacks. Also great for killing the Krav at range.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 9th, 2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

The Einar Imperium are crap, far too fragile for what they cost - the CUC version is the only one worth bothering with most of the time. She's great at shredding Sentinels and Minions, though, especially since those guys are really hard to fell with regular attacks. Also great for killing the Krav at range.
Yep. Every time that I look at some of those older units, I'm surprised that some of them passed. I know that the game typically wasn't designed with competitive tournaments in mind, but there are some units that I wouldn't want to take at any point value, the Einar Imperium included!

Great point on how well Braxas can counter the Krav Maga Agents' Stealth Dodge. We typically don't use them that much at my table, but I'm well aware of the troubles that they can cause.
Old December 10th, 2017, 11:56 AM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

I've seen a lot of people reference the CUC version. What does it stand for and do you have a link to the card? Just curious cause I would love to make some more units more competitive!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units