Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 19th, 2007, 07:33 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Here's a total list of the most commonly used ones...
Major Q9: Has an 8 range normal attack.
Braxas: 5 attack can pierce 7 defense, and she has an instant kill ability.
Nilfheim: 6 attack will pierce 7 defense.
Major Q10: Same as Major Q9.
Theracus: This unit wants to engage the Major?
Swog Rider: Expect to get pelted by Arrow Gruts before you reach him.
So yeah. Not a lot he can do to them.
Braxas is better off using her Acid Breath special than attacking Major X17 conventionally. Also if there are no attack bonuses, Nilfheim is actually better off using his special attack against Major X17. In any case, neither of those dragons are cyberclawable. Major X17 would be so awesome if he could cyberclaw huge figures.

On the other hand, Drake 2.0 might bring a new niche for the Major. With a melee defense of 7 and 5 life, Major X17 can actually survive and hold down the new Drake for a number of turns while another hero with a strong ranged special (perhaps Kaemon Awa) can rip the new Drake to shreds from a safe distance.
Old October 5th, 2007, 05:00 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I just used Major X17 in a capture the flag scenario and he rocked. My opponent had Agent Carr and got busted by X17's cyberclaw big time. This guy is a pro at protectin the flag.
Old June 19th, 2008, 09:40 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Major X17

X17 and Kaemon make a very good hero-killing team, and are particularly a menace to my favorite Lord Vampire. Keep X-17 and Kaemon together. If Cyprien manages to catch Kaemon once, and misses that Chilling roll, lock him down and disengage Kaemon. Chilling Touch doesn't work on Soulborg, and 3-Attacks don't work well on 7-Defenses, but Double 4-Attacks work great on vampires. Don't knock it til you've tried it. It just worked for me last night. 7-Defense lockdown + basically any ranged attacker = new respect for X17.
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:16 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I think my favorite use for him is to keep a leash on Marcu. Especially on roads, Major can keep up with Marcu's move, and when Marcu rolls too high and switches sides for a turn, the only figure he can attack is the Major, and with 7 defense dice, the Major stands up pretty well.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old July 22nd, 2008, 06:47 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
X17 and Kaemon make a very good hero-killing team, and are particularly a menace to my favorite Lord Vampire. Keep X-17 and Kaemon together. If Cyprien manages to catch Kaemon once, and misses that Chilling roll, lock him down and disengage Kaemon. Chilling Touch doesn't work on Soulborg, and 3-Attacks don't work well on 7-Defenses, but Double 4-Attacks work great on vampires. Don't knock it til you've tried it. It just worked for me last night. 7-Defense lockdown + basically any ranged attacker = new respect for X17.
Last night I had great success against Cyprien using these two. I call the technique "Clamp & Stamp." My 500 point army consisted of:

Major x17 100
Kaemon 220
1x Gladiatrons 300
2x 10th Foot 450
Guilty 480
Isamu & Otonashi 500

Cyprien gave Kaemon one wound with his "Chilling Touch," X-17 moved in, Kaemon out, and the 10th foot unloaded.

Won't work against every army but it sure worked last night!
Old October 11th, 2008, 12:56 AM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Why is there a Link to Captain America's Strategy Guide?

Anyways, this might be good with Sgt. Drake with Thorian Speed for range, but no bonding doesn't it make such a good combo.

I had a pretty unique army that I love to use:

Major X17
Alastair Mac Dirk
Syvaris
Raelin (old)
Zettian Guards
Thecarus

And sometimes, depending on the point limit, Isamu/Otonashi.

I have Thecarus bring Syvaris up to height to discourage weak swarm rush. He picks of ranged squads.

Then, I have X17 move up and pin down advancing units. The Zettians, with their heavy armor, advance forward, and help block the way. They are like a tank, glancing off blows. Major X17 hits what he can, and if needed the Zettians can attack at range. Raelin supports with her aura.

With the enemy pinned down, Alastair comes in and whacks them. He can come sooner, if their front is weak.

If the enemy insists on turtling, have Syvaris pick them off.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:51 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

It was definitely situational success, but success nonetheless with Major X17 I had last weekend at TempleCon in the Battle Above Cursed Lands tournament.

If your not familiar with the concept, it basically forces a lava damage roll at the end of each round regardless of the terrain your figure(s) are on with the exception of fliers.

Needless to say that tourney featured a lot of flying units. X17 wasn't always useful (and took his share of damage due to being a foot slogger) but in two games I faced off against armies of Raelin, Empress Kiova, and Einar Imperium x2 (two different players).

In one of the games I was able to get adjacent to Raelin, EK, and two IEs, with X17 who locked them in place and forced them to take the 'lava damage' roll. Couple of dead EIs later and slowly whittling Raelin down helped me secure victory.

He was also a big factor in a game where I faced a bunch of Sentinels. Very tough to kill, except for when they can't roll defense dice.

I made it to the finals in that tourney, but the risk I took in putting X17 in my army to being with didn't pay off in that game (against Ollie) as there weren't any figures small enough for him to hold down and in turn was a bit of a waste of 100 points.

-insert signature here-
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Why did they take lava damage? Don't they still technically have the flying ability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 14th, 2009, 03:30 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Why did they take lava damage? Don't they still technically have the flying ability?
X17 holds them in place (on the 'lava field'), that's how we interpreted it anyway.

-insert signature here-
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:07 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Pretty fun house rule for this guy: Have him be able to be inspired by Sparty. After all, he was a gladiator himself once!

He still can't bond with the Capuans, which makes him less useful to Steamroller than Crixus or Retarius.....

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:50 AM

Shadow13 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Can enemies still attack once they are caught in the cyberclaw?
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow13 View Post
Can enemies still attack once they are caught in the cyberclaw?
Yes. The cyberclaw power only stops movement.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units