Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old May 28th, 2009, 12:59 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Unofficial "Not an Exclusive" figure contest!

When does this end, exactly?
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
The Judging date is July 11th, so barring any problems, I would assume that is the end date.
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:15 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
The Judging date is July 11th, so barring any problems, I would assume that is the end date.
I'd guess you're right, A_Train. But I'd like to respectfully suggest that Taeblewalker post a date for submission that's a week or two ahead of judging so that voters can get a chance to play all the figures before voting if they wish.

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, R˙chean
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Mega,

I think you need to clean up the language of jungle move a bit. I think you mean that both the space you are moving from and the space you are moving to must be adjacent to the jungle tile, but that's not clear from the way you write it. I also think you intend that Albertic can move through a jungle piece AND move up or down on the other end while using only one move, but again, that's not clear. Also, it needs to be spelled out whether or not Albertic takes leaving engagement attacks when moving into a jungle tile.

Secondly, I think that his life is too high (the cheapest 6-life figures cost 90) and his point cost is a bit low at 50. I think 60 points, 4 life would be perfect for this guy. That leaves him as a relatively cheap spider cheerleader with some nice flavor.
The card you see was made my RodinValentina, and he told me he made a few changes to the wording and added the points he thought they were, not what I originally suggested. I had suggested 120 pionts.

MegaSilver
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Mega,

I think you need to clean up the language of jungle move a bit. I think you mean that both the space you are moving from and the space you are moving to must be adjacent to the jungle tile, but that's not clear from the way you write it. I also think you intend that Albertic can move through a jungle piece AND move up or down on the other end while using only one move, but again, that's not clear. Also, it needs to be spelled out whether or not Albertic takes leaving engagement attacks when moving into a jungle tile.

Secondly, I think that his life is too high (the cheapest 6-life figures cost 90) and his point cost is a bit low at 50. I think 60 points, 4 life would be perfect for this guy. That leaves him as a relatively cheap spider cheerleader with some nice flavor.
The card you see was made my RodinValentina, and he told me he made a few changes to the wording and added the points he thought they were, not what I originally suggested. I had suggested 120 pionts.

MegaSilver
Ah, OK. Well, I'd say 120 is overpriced for that figure (90ish seems right to me) but I think a cheaper figure with lower life seems more thematic/appropriate.
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Ronin Kije (Jexik without the x)
Sclupt: The White Robed Samurai
life 3
move 5
range 1
Attack 2
def 5

Species Human
Class Samurai
Type Unique Squad
Planet Earth
Personality Tricky
Size Medium 5

Hired Sword
Before taking a turn with a unquie Samurai Squad you may take a turn with Ronin.
During this turn Ronin's Move and Attack value are the same as the chosen Squad.
Ronin may use all special ablities and attacks listed on Chosen Squad's card
for the duration of this turn as if he was a member of that squad.

Counter Strike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure,
all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
This power does not work against other Samurai.

My only Question is what it is the cost? I'm thinking 90 points as a figure that shores up unique squads with 3 life.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Could I have someones help making a card out of this? I think using a grok rider repaint to be the hero they always wanted might be pretty cool. The repaint could be simple. Paint the grok Black.

Ter-Da-Sol
Marro
Unique Hero
Warlord
Menacing
Large 5

Life 4
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 5
Points 70

Disengage
Ter-Da-Sol is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Defense Aura 1
All friendly figures adjacent to Ter-Da-Sol add one die to their defense.

Last edited by Darkmage7a; May 28th, 2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just realized that my entry has to be on a card. Could someone give me a hand, please? (No, I don't mean clapping, Onacara.)

My entry is a repaint of one of the Wolves of Badru. He would be white/grey.

Fang, Einar's Hound
Einar

Canine
Unique Hero
Guard
Valiant
Small 3

Life 4
100 points
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

Inspired Attack Aura - Any figure you control that follows Einar and is within 4 clear sight spaces of Fang may add 1 extra die to their attack.

Climb 2X - When moving up or down levels of terrain, Fang may double his height.

Thanks and a bucket of Karma in advance.

Last edited by RabSheila; May 29th, 2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Mega,

MegaSilver
Ah, OK. Well, I'd say 120 is overpriced for that figure (90ish seems right to me) but I think a cheaper figure with lower life seems more thematic/appropriate.
The lowest cost for a 6 life figure is 20pts Marcu. His high life is balanced out by the fac that every time he takes a turn he might be under your opponents control and try killing someone on your team. Also noteworthy is the low defense score given to high life figures the majority of high life figures only have a 3 or 4 defense, there are exceptions to this rule of course such as marvel figures and Tor-Kul-Na, but then look at thier point cost.

I think Megasilver is right, lower the life. Actually if you bring it down to about 3 he would be very comporable to Me-Burq-Sa. Although He only has 1 ability and your Spider has 3. Hmmm...
Old May 28th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

On the Albertic card I made, I thought the six life was balanced out by the low attack and defense of 3/3. For 90 points, you'd have a 3/3 hero and a 3 2/2 squadmates to move together like a melee squad. Considering there are better melee squads for cheaper? Seemed decently fair.

I'll agree maybe 50pts is a little underpriced at second look, but 90 for a 3/3 hero is bit high for a hero who has a weak ranged special attack and a cheerleader boost for a power (entangling web) that can be useful but is not consistently dangerous. I'd say reducing the life by one to 5 and leaving him at fifty points or raising him to sixty points and leaving the life at 6 would be pretty fair based on the rest of the card as it currently is. Just my two cents on the matter.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:03 PM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

I'm in, or at least I will be.
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is my entry. He is a repaint of an Armoc Viper into The Armoc Warlord. He is named after nyys. His paint features alternating red and black with yellow stripes on his body; yellow with black around his frill; yellow eyes; and his most important feature what appears to be two red socks located below his head (explained in his biography). His name is Synn (nyys backwards) and I've nicknamed him Socks.

Synn The Armoc Warlord
Ullar-Viper-Unique Hero-Warlord-Relentless-Medium 5
Life 6/Move 7/Range 4/Attack 3/Defense 0/ 50points.
Spit and Move
Synn may attack before he moves or at any point during his move. When using Spit and Move reduce Syyn's attack by 1.
Frenzy Fiend
After taking a turn with Syyn roll the D20. If you roll a 16 or higher you may take another turn with Syyn. Add 1 to this roll for every friendly scout within 4 clear sight spaces of Syyn to a max of +4. Additionally, Syyn may use this power after any squad you control with the Frenzy ability fails a frenzy roll.
Safety Slither
Syyn does not have to stop his movement when entering a water space and non-adjacent enemy figures have no line of sight to Syyn while he is on a water space.

Biography
As a slave, Syyn was forced into mining a newly discovered and potentially useful gas. The gas turned out to be quite toxic, but some of the vipers immune systems were able to adapt to it. Syyn, a young stud amongst vipers, was found to have a strong resilience to this toxic gas and was forced deeper underground to discover its source. Here his lungs (Vipers lungs happen to be shaped like a pair of socks) began to glow red through his skin. He soon discovered that he could spew this toxic waste back out at his enemies and that his lungs were producing it. However this burning in his lungs causes him some pain; this, combined with his idiocy, makes him run around the battlefield in a thoughtless and unpredictable manner. Syyn also has a deep hatred for the Yankees (though no one seems to know whom he's referring to.)

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; July 9th, 2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Re-worded power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games