Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Old December 12th, 2015, 12:01 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: First Expansion "Battle for Zendikar"

Just got my copy from Amazon, looks great and packaged great! Will report when I give its first test run after finals week.
Old December 25th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just got mine. Artwork matches figures and theme and figures have improved in quality over base set.
When I first saw the Eldrazi Scions came with bases unattached I got excited thinking they had some kind of stealth mode, like Space Hulk, where you move around the base and reveal the figure at an opportune time - future morph mechanic hmm.

I'm disappointed First Strike only works on offense, as first striking defenders are valid
Death Touch only affecting squad figures kind of makes sense.

Without knowing the character, I thought Ob Nixilis would be red and black.
Eldrazi Ruiner doesn't count as a Planeswalker and to recruit him to your army, you must have a Planeswalker.

Rules mentions artifacts and implies they will not be purple bordered.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old December 27th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

The Blue-Green Planeswalker has been living up to my expectations. The 600 point army that I put together is:

Kiora
Pummelroot Elementals
Leyline Phantoms
Illusionary Projections

With spell deck:
Roilmage's Trick
Overrun
Twisted Image
Call to Heel
Titanic Growth
Snare the Skies
Aetherspouts
Unsummon
Selective Memory
Skyreaping
Anticipate
Paths Revealed

Combines the fantastic Unsummon effects of Blue, the card draw of Blue and Green, and the Paths Revealed/Overrun combo of Green into a combo deck with a great draw engine and great stalling power. In general, use Phantoms as blockers, Projections as ranged support, and Pummelroots for the Paths Revealed/Overrun combo. Use Titanic Growth or Roilmage's trick in addition to the combo for a bit of extra damage on their Planeswalker; more than 50% chance for an instakill on any of them and very likely to kill with second round of attacks on the following turn. Snare the Skies on Illusionary Projections is a great secondary win condition in the case that Paths Revealed/Overrun doesn't finish them off, as is Twisted Image on the Leyline Phantoms. Plays just like a combination of the best two decks from the base set.
Old December 27th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Was gifted the base set+Zendikar for Christmas.

Haven't played yet, but looks like lots of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old January 8th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Holy cow the Eldrazi is big. Like really big. Can't wait to see him painted and mix it up with some other titans.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 8th, 2016, 05:13 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?

Once you see it in person, you realize just how big the figure is!! He's crazy. I'm a little disappointed though, because I've rushed him into battle against black and red. Both of them were able to one turn kill him(two SEPERATE games verse each). That being said they had to use lots of spells

EDIT: I also personally one turn killed the Ruiner with the new vampire squad by enchanting them for extra damage
Old January 14th, 2016, 03:17 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I got tired of waiting on Coolstuff and found it at my local FLGS. CSI says a ton of people have been calling to cancel their pre-order.
Old January 14th, 2016, 03:30 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I got tired of waiting on Coolstuff and found it at my local FLGS. CSI says a ton of people have been calling to cancel their pre-order.
Can't say I blame them/you. Amazon shipped this like a month ago.
Old January 14th, 2016, 05:41 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

It was supposed to have a January release date, but apparently Amazon has a deal to release stuff for this game a month early. It looks like Wal-Mart got the expansion a few weeks early too. I had been looking at the ones locally but it hasn't showed up there yet.
Old January 14th, 2016, 08:46 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not surprising. With the "Magic" label I am sure the big box vendors see the chance for add on sales, so they probably took bids on getting it early.
Old January 15th, 2016, 03:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

My copy finally shipped from coolstuffinc. I bought it 22 days ago and the release was for "January". Oh well. Better late than never.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 15th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
My copy finally shipped from coolstuffinc. I bought it 22 days ago and the release was for "January". Oh well. Better late than never.
What's late? "January" doesn't mean "January 1." We're only halfway through the month! Plenty of "January" left!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News