Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 18th, 2018, 09:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Workshop

I'd consider Gallifreyan for species and Time Lord for class. If you go Adventurer for class, you'll have to balance him for bonding with Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman. Thematically that's pretty cool, but I'm not sure you want him costed based on those builds.

The negation aspect of Sonic Screwdriver is cool. It's hard to represent since it does so many (often unpredictable) things. This approach should help arm him pretty well against Cybermen and Daleks, though.

Spanner in the Works is ... extremely powerful, a bit hard to follow thematically, and maybe too unrestricted. I'd consider reigning it in a bit. What are you trying to represent exactly on that one?

When I say Run could just be "Run!" I think you might want to use language like "ends their movement unengaged" there.

Regenerate makes sense. It's really powerful, but he'll take wounds pretty easily with his defense, so that'll help.

One thing missing is a representation of the TARDIS and time travel in general. C3G has a lot of Time Travel powers you might look at for inspiration there. I wish you could see the power set @tcglkn is working on right now in the sanctum ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 18th, 2018, 09:50 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

32mm would be a good size, I believe!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 19th, 2018, 02:03 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd consider Gallifreyan for species and Time Lord for class. If you go Adventurer for class, you'll have to balance him for bonding with Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman. Thematically that's pretty cool, but I'm not sure you want him costed based on those builds.
That makes sense. Time Lord is a very good option for a class, but I’d also put forward Wanderer as another option. As for race, Doctor Who extended universe material is very contradictory and confusing. It is basically an accepted fact that Time Lords are distinct from Gallifreyans on a physical level. There are Gallifreyans who aren’t Time Lords. So ultimately I think either choice is a fair one in terms of race. For my customs, I chose Gallifreyan so they would all be united under one synergy branch, but if Time Lord isn’t chosen for the class, it would make a lot of sense to have it on the card as a race.
Quote:
The negation aspect of Sonic Screwdriver is cool. It's hard to represent since it does so many (often unpredictable) things. This approach should help arm him pretty well against Cybermen and Daleks, though.
I’ve actually never thought it should work on Daleks. He’s not really able to stop their weapons or whatever. Their race could be changed to something other than cyborg though. (Probably just Dalek as a race makes sense.)

Another approach for the Sonic could be like a far less powerful cosmic cube; something that can pull off 2 or 3 different tricks.
Quote:
Spanner in the Works is ... extremely powerful, a bit hard to follow thematically, and maybe too unrestricted. I'd consider reigning it in a bit. What are you trying to represent exactly on that one?
The idea of Spanner is the Doctor doing something clever to hoist the enemy by their own petard. Think making the Angels look at each other in Blink or making the wooden Cyberman burn himself in Time of the Doctor. The Doctor will promote nonviolence but if an enemy ends themself due to a little trickery on his part he’s fine with that.

If it needs to be toned down or completely changed, I understand, but I absolutely think there needs to be a power that shows him being “clever” in a non-traditional combat manner. That even ranks above time travel in what I believe should be represented on a Doctor card.

One thing I am worried about with this current design is how annoying he is to kill. If you attack him, first he gets a chance to run. If he fails that, he can possibly subtract the skulls from your roll. And then even if you manage to get wounds on him he has a chance to regenerate. Sure, being hard to kill is a big character trait, but that doesn’t sound fun to play against.

Quote:
When I say Run could just be "Run!" I think you might want to use language like "ends their movement unengaged" there.
That’s fair. “When I say run...” is more a cut from the classic show, while I’d consider “Run!” to be more New Who themed. The 2nd option is probably more popular so I have no problem with it. And noted on the language.
Quote:
Regenerate makes sense. It's really powerful, but he'll take wounds pretty easily with his defense, so that'll help.
Regeneration absolutely needs to be on the card in some form, but I’d have no problem reigning it in again. One option would be to remove all OMs from his card when he regens to indicate a post-regenerative stupor, coma, or madness. However, without Spanner working, the guy is going to drop pretty fast, and statistically you’re getting <1 regen per game.

Obviously if people want to do all the Doctors this power will completely change.

Quote:
One thing missing is a representation of the TARDIS and time travel in general. C3G has a lot of Time Travel powers you might look at for inspiration there. I wish you could see the power set @tcglkn is working on right now in the sanctum ....
I completely agree. When I first wrote out the draft, I threw Temporal Defense in there, but that just makes for a lot of text. Plus honestly, I’ve never fully understood the theme behind Temporal Defense. And of course the existing hard-to-killness of the design. Maybe he needs to be rewritten (Time can be rewritten after all) or maybe a TARDIS auxillary unit/DO could be alongside him.

As for Tcglkn’s ideas, I’m guessing you’re talking about Rip Hunter who’s in public testing right now. As soon as I head off to school and lose free time you guys throw all these cool designs up. Between Chucky, Doc Ock II, and Rip, maybe I’ll just drop out and become a fulltime playtester

Wow that’s a giant wall of text...to anyone who actually read all of this, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:10 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I don't believe the Timetravel should be part of the Doctor's thing. The Doctor does his timetravelling throught the use of the TARDIS. He never takes the TARDIS on to the battlefield "because it is the most powerful weapon in the universe & it cannot fall into enemies hands." (Paraphrasing, but it went something like that). Once he joins the battle, the Doctor doesn't timetravel. He has (on occassions) used the TARDIS to travel around within the same timeline. So yeah if you do a TARDIS custom then being able to move anywhere on the battlefield would be appropriate.

I like your take on the sonic screwdriver as a glyph & it's ability .

SPANNER IN THE WORKS doesn't feel right. If you had left it at the first sentence that would be perfect. "When an opponent’s figure within 2 clear sight spaces of The Doctor rolls attack dice, they must re-roll 2 of the dice that showed skulls once." I could even see you not limiting it to 2 dice but all skulls. The rest is just too much for the power.

WHEN I SAY RUN...
I totally agree with Bats here, just call it RUN!. The power itself is pretty standard. I think any of us that have a Doctor custom have it pretty similar.

REGENERATE 13
I prefer this as the standard regenerate type power (a'la Thanos Rejected by Death). But I don't hate this way. I agree with Bats that it's really powerful & one of the thoughts that I had was to place Regeneration tokens on the card & adding that to the target roll. So "...If you roll 7 + X or higher, where X is equal to the number of regeneration tokens on this card,..." Or go the other way & subtract them from what is rolled so 13 is always the target but you subtract X from the roll where X is equal to the number of regeneration tokens on this card.
Old August 19th, 2018, 08:17 AM

Ooh I kind of like the idea of starting with one regeneration token on his card that you can remove at the start of his turn to fully heal. He rarely pulls that trick more than once an episode as his regeneration energies are limited.

Then you could up his life a tad - dude has two hearts!

Then if you do multiple versions you could always add a marker per Doc in your army and have a power that does a switch after the first regeneration.

Btw totally agree with your species/class analysis of Time Lord. I almost argued for it being species, but then saw he was down as an Adventurer.

Yeah, forgot about Rio being public. Cool, thrn!

Old August 19th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I don't believe the Timetravel should be part of the Doctor's thing. The Doctor does his timetravelling throught the use of the TARDIS. He never takes the TARDIS on to the battlefield "because it is the most powerful weapon in the universe & it cannot fall into enemies hands." (Paraphrasing, but it went something like that). Once he joins the battle, the Doctor doesn't timetravel. He has (on occassions) used the TARDIS to travel around within the same timeline. So yeah if you do a TARDIS custom then being able to move anywhere on the battlefield would be appropriate.
I agree, but also I think the Doctor, straight out of the gate, needs a way to time travel. Having a TARDIS that comes out 2 years later wouldn’t be nearly as fun to me. One idea I’ve considered is him starting the game with a TARDIS VDO, but I dunno.
Quote:
I like your take on the sonic screwdriver as a glyph & it's ability .
Thank you! The Sonic Screwdriver seems like part everyone is good with here so far.
Quote:
SPANNER IN THE WORKS doesn't feel right. If you had left it at the first sentence that would be perfect. "When an opponent’s figure within 2 clear sight spaces of The Doctor rolls attack dice, they must re-roll 2 of the dice that showed skulls once." I could even see you not limiting it to 2 dice but all skulls. The rest is just too much for the power.
I liked the idea of him doing damage in a non-traditional way, kind of like the “Brilliant” SA I’ve seen around where you roll 1 unblockable attack die. Personally, I like the idea of him having a little non-traditional offensive spice. Getting rid of the rest of Spanner will basically make him a support unit, but that’s also a fair interpretation of the character. I’m absolutely willing to go where the wind is blowing there.
Quote:
WHEN I SAY RUN...
I totally agree with Bats here, just call it RUN!. The power itself is pretty standard. I think any of us that have a Doctor custom have it pretty similar.
I’ll change it to run, but if a 2nd Doctor is ever made he needs “When I Say Run...”, it’s one of his favorite catchphrases. It’s been really hard to keep my own ideas seperate from all the Doctor Who customs I’ve seen and admired over they years.
Quote:
REGENERATE 13
I prefer this as the standard regenerate type power (a'la Thanos Rejected by Death). But I don't hate this way. I agree with Bats that it's really powerful & one of the thoughts that I had was to place Regeneration tokens on the card & adding that to the target roll. So "...If you roll 7 + X or higher, where X is equal to the number of regeneration tokens on this card,..." Or go the other way & subtract them from what is rolled so 13 is always the target but you subtract X from the roll where X is equal to the number of regeneration tokens on this card.
I don’t mind the Thanos-style either, and I’d be 100% willing to change it if that’s where everyone was leaning.
Would regeneration tokens be placed when he regenerates or at some other point?
Old August 19th, 2018, 08:55 AM

We're working to make VDOs draftable, so I think the ideal would probably be to just design the TARDIS as a draftable VDO that works best with Time Lords.

Old August 19th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Ooh I kind of like the idea of starting with one regeneration token on his card that you can remove at the start of his turn to fully heal. He rarely pulls that trick more than once an episode as his regeneration energies are limited.
That is an absolutely viable direction too. I do think he needs to be able to stop his destruction through regeneration, but having him be able to trigger it a bit prematurely would be interesting too.
Quote:
Then you could up his life a tad - dude has two hearts!
That’s part of the struggle with doing 1 generic version of the Doctor to me. They just have different durability levels. I’d say 5-6 is reasonable for the character in general, right? He can fall from great heights and keep going (End of Time), takes extreme torture (Every Eighth Doctor book), is sometimes able to ignore dangerous gasses through his respiratory bypass system, and is even hinted at times to have a slight healing factor.
Quote:
Then if you do multiple versions you could always add a marker per Doc in your army and have a power that does a switch after the first regeneration.
I’m interested to know how people feel about the 1 card approach vs the 13 or 14 card approach. I mean the second option is the more “correct” one but it would also take a ton more work and probably wouldn’t be suitable for public design.
Quote:
Btw totally agree with your species/class analysis of Time Lord. I almost argued for it being species, but then saw he was down as an Adventurer.
How does everyone feel about Time Lord as Species, Wanderer as class? I think it fits him and it calls back to An Unearthly Child when he described himself as a “wanderer in the fourth dimension.” Renegade is another cool one, considering that’s his classification in Gallifreyan society, but I think I like Wanderer.
Old August 19th, 2018, 05:08 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

[quote=danthem;2212652]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthem View Post
cleaning up a bit of the text, and added limited bonding (they can either bond or use their ability, so it should limit their attacks to 3 per OM, if they bond and the bonded one uses its ability.) Upped cost a notch, but few other statistical changes.
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

With a new abilities comes new text to fix, but hopefully my writing skills are getting better.

With the bonding, do you think these units are too powerful for their cost? At its greatest it is two 4 strength attacks and a 3 strength attack along with some movement. This optimal situation requires about 350 points spent, but also includes all of Mysterion's up-sides.
I like the idea of building up Androids as a factional elements. There's been some Mad Thinker discussion recently and a chance he might get changed, but dinos linking together with other robots is cool.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 19th, 2018, 09:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Would regeneration tokens be placed when he regenerates or at some other point?
Sorry should've mentioned that but yes. each time he regenerates. That way it's increasingly harder for him to come back. Although not thematic it's more for a game balancing thing.
Old August 19th, 2018, 09:25 PM

I mean, somewhat thematic. He's been in danger of "using up" his regenerative energies before (only to have them restored, yes, but by some fantastic, unusual event only).

Old August 19th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
I mean, somewhat thematic. He's been in danger of "using up" his regenerative energies before (only to have them restored, yes, but by some fantastic, unusual event only).
Hence a new match.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy