Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 18th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Can I put this suggestion up again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I still like the idea of having to roll the D20 if you would normally Counterstrike and it only working if you roll a 11+, as I posted before:

Quote:
Once again, the engagement strike is just too far away from being anything related to Counterstrike.

Okay, I have an idea!

Fledgeling Counterstrike
After successfully defending against an adjacent, normal attack, if you rolled any excess shields, roll the twenty-sided die. On a roll of 11 or higher, the attacking figure receives an unblockable wound for every excess shield rolled.

Counterstrike, but only working half the time - this will mean that, even with Raelin, there's no guarantee of hurting attackers. Thoughts?
I don't really see Necroblade's point of it being too far removed from the parent dragon's power - it's exactly the same, except it only works half the time.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:25 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

As I've said many times, I don't really see the point of a nerf like this when it doesn't really target Raelin synergy. At no point has it been argued that the GWs are too strong when not backed by Raelin. This isn't horrible in principle, but other nerfs (1 wound max, huge or large/huge only) give us the fledgling feel in a way that seems more thematic to most of us.
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:40 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Roll Off

Quote:
Can I put this suggestion up again:

Quote:
I still like the idea of having to roll the D20 if you would normally Counterstrike and it only working if you roll a 11+, as I posted before:

Quote:
Once again, the engagement strike is just too far away from being anything related to Counterstrike.

Okay, I have an idea!

Fledgeling Counterstrike
After successfully defending against an adjacent, normal attack, if you rolled any excess shields, roll the twenty-sided die. On a roll of 11 or higher, the attacking figure receives an unblockable wound for every excess shield rolled.

Counterstrike, but only working half the time - this will mean that, even with Raelin, there's no guarantee of hurting attackers. Thoughts?
I don't really see Necroblade's point of it being too far removed from the parent dragon's power - it's exactly the same, except it only works half the time.
Counterstrike with a d20 roll feels so weird to me. None of the other wyrms bring in another mechanic to make their power work. Reds can only hit one figure, blacks roll is higher and just auto wounds. Whites have a lesser ISB. Blues have a lesser LBSA. Counterstrike with a d20 feels thematically weird to me.

~Dysole, who thinks we'll be fine with a 4 defense 1 wound max wyrmling (small and medium wouldn't be a problem either)
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:41 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
I'm not totally getting this. What makes a strong version of these guys any worse than TSA x a billion plus Raelin? If we made the little CSers really weak against specials and range or something (perhaps giving them 4 move and a modified version of Wyrm bonding that allows only one attack per OM) they'd be as balanced and as situational as the TSA, even more so force army variety (all melee is gutsy but it's still very lackluster in terms of play) and add more to the "well shoot I have to make the most of all my units" feel you get when you play an all Wyrmling army?
Here is the review that killed the original Green Wyrmling submission. Flying, plus a 4th defense die (plus a 5th defense die, in that version), and a Valiant personality gives them mobility and synergy the TSA lack.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:45 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I do appreciate the interesting ideas being shared but I don't think it's being channeled in the right direction.
Ideas going in every direction must therefore include the right direction. (was that Confucius?)
Old July 18th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Here is the review that killed the original Green Wyrmling submission. Flying, plus a 4th defense die (plus a 5th defense die, in that version), and a Valiant personality gives them mobility and synergy the TSA lack.
Looking at that review, simply dropping the defence to 4 and increasing the price to 35pts might be enough. Is there any reason to think it wouldn't be?
Old July 18th, 2014, 03:32 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Looking at that review, simply dropping the defence to 4 and increasing the price to 35pts might be enough. Is there any reason to think it wouldn't be?
Yea, I read that review, but that was with the 3/5 wyrm?

I think the 4/4 wyrm is great! If dropping defense to 4 was a big point, why not try 3/4 then?
Old July 18th, 2014, 03:47 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It isn't packing much for offense with only three attack. Outside of defensive Raelin pods, there's not much point in running them over other wyrmlings in my opinion. In Raelin pods, you're going to be relying on other attacks for your order markers in the first place.
Old July 18th, 2014, 04:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It's time:

I will post results.
Old July 18th, 2014, 04:57 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I voted
4/4
Max 1 wound Counterstrike
Still has bonding.

Plain simple, bam!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I voted
4/4
Max 1 wound Counterstrike
Still has bonding.

Plain simple, bam!
Same here - though I also checked off the "on a whiff" clause, which I think is the only choice out of those that feels at all elegant.
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

And me. Additional tweaks I'd be perfectly happy with to keep the price down are dropping the attack to 3 and restricting it to small/medium figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards