Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 14th, 2017, 12:18 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Not all life on figures is valued equally, and I think it should require a wound being inflicted. Otherwise, he is an auto-killing machine for 1 wound figures.

If we are not requiring a wound being inflicted, then I have some questions as to why it wouldn't work on Common Heroes or Common Squads? Does the Gladiator just decide, well, you aren't worth my time? Does Isamu auto die when facing him?

Requiring the wound answers alot of those questions for me.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Not all life on figures is valued equally, and I think it should require a wound being inflicted. Otherwise, he is an auto-killing machine for 1 wound figures.

If we are not requiring a wound being inflicted, then I have some questions as to why it wouldn't work on Common Heroes or Common Squads? Does the Gladiator just decide, well, you aren't worth my time? Does Isamu auto die when facing him?

Requiring the wound answers alot of those questions for me.
I'm not sure if you noticed...but if you look back at the card...the ability does require a wound inflicted to activate. I agreed in previous conversations that for it to be kept from being too OP he needed to inflict a wound.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:28 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like Merciless Finish. I think it is a unique and thematic ability for this character. I imagine the concerns are around figures with high defense, low life (ala Iron Golem or larger soulborgs), but I think that is more reason why limiting it to small or medium figures is beneficial. Also, I agree with you that it is much more thematic for him to have no mercy to figures his own size and smaller. I like every aspect of Merciless Finish as it is currently written.
Old February 14th, 2017, 12:32 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Either I read it wrong, or the version was updated. Requiring a wound is a good step.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 16th, 2017, 06:01 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Either I read it wrong, or the version was updated. Requiring a wound is a good step.
Yup, the wound requirement has been there since the beginning. I play tested some of the earliest versions of this card, and it has always been there.
Old February 17th, 2017, 02:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Sir Heroscape. Ok, so here goes on Tetraites. This guy looks pretty cool. I really like the spiked gauntlet ability, but you should let him have the choice of doing it once before or after moving and before attacking to allow him to smash a squad out of the way at the start of his turn then charge down a hero or something for an attack. Picturing that in my mind does have a merciless feel to it. The wounding ability that allows to kill figures that were wounded and have one life left, its awesome, all except its name. How merciless is incorporated in the power title and then he's merciless as a personality is a bit repetitive. You should brainstorm that a little more. When I read the ability I wanted to say FINISH HIM. Something like that would look quite a bit better. As for the stats and points, that's all in the testing, but the rest looks awesome. Great job on how far this unit has come. In your testing, he has been tested with capuans? Right?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 17th, 2017, 02:37 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Sir Heroscape. Ok, so here goes on Tetraites. This guy looks pretty cool. I really like the spiked gauntlet ability, but you should let him have the choice of doing it once before or after moving and before attacking to allow him to smash a squad out of the way at the start of his turn then charge down a hero or something for an attack. Picturing that in my mind does have a merciless feel to it. The wounding ability that allows to kill figures that were wounded and have one life left, its awesome, all except its name. How merciless is incorporated in the power title and then he's merciless as a personality is a bit repetitive. You should brainstorm that a little more. When I read the ability I wanted to say FINISH HIM. Something like that would look quite a bit better. As for the stats and points, that's all in the testing, but the rest looks awesome. Great job on how far this unit has come. In your testing, he has been tested with capuans? Right?
Hey, GREAT insight! you know...that may just do it for the spiked gauntlet...allow him to do it either before or after moving! That sounds like the idea I was looking for. I think I'm going to go with that and test that as his special. As for the title...I'm glad you brought it up. That's been on my mind of late (the repetitiveness that is) and I agree. I just haven't had any ideas for a better title. FINISH HIM isn't bad, but it has more of an exclamation feel to it...like it should be written like "FINISH HIM!" which seems a little weird to me. I agree Merciless needs to be changed ...maybe we can brainstorm? to the public "ideas on a new title for the ability?"

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 17th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finishing off low life enemies tends to be referred to as a execution or a finisher in games, so personally I like Merciless Finish. FINISH HIM! would be fun, but maybe too much of a reference
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Mortal combat......much. the word excecution in the power is cool. Especially since im working on an excecutioner custom right now.

Old February 17th, 2017, 06:34 PM
"like" happy

If anything Merciless execution. anyway theres some of my pennies.

Old February 17th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yeah, Finish Him! does feel a tad Mortal Kombat to me, cool as it is.

I'm going to throw this link here, which explains a few things about the symbols used in the arena for the crowd to give a verdict. Personally, I think it would be a really cool historical reference to call it 'Pollice Verso' (or 'Turned Thumb', if we'd rather avoid actual Latin ), though the meaning may not be immediately obvious to someone unfamiliar with gladiatorial practice.

Brutal Finish, perhaps? Will of the Crowd? Put on a Show? Bloody Finish?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 17th, 2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
If anything Merciless execution. anyway theres some of my pennies.
Your pennies are always welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Yeah, Finish Him! does feel a tad Mortal Kombat to me, cool as it is.

I'm going to throw this link here, which explains a few things about the symbols used in the arena for the crowd to give a verdict. Personally, I think it would be a really cool historical reference to call it 'Pollice Verso' (or 'Turned Thumb', if we'd rather avoid actual Latin ), though the meaning may not be immediately obvious to someone unfamiliar with gladiatorial practice.

Brutal Finish, perhaps? Will of the Crowd? Put on a Show? Bloody Finish?
I was just looking at Latin roots!! Good ideas and suggestions. I found that Lugula! was shouted (meaning execute him) when the crowd wanted opponents dead. I like using the latin terms...but you're right that those reading it wouldn't know what it means unless they look it up and I don't know whether or not that takes away from the design, or adds a neat historical element to it. Thoughts?

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards