Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old May 23rd, 2017, 10:07 PM

Herofly knows what's in an order marker Herofly knows what's in an order marker
Herofly's Custom Terrain

Completed Projects

Portals!
I had a lot of fun building these, I'm not the best of painters so it was a learning experience getting these to look nice. In all I'm happy at how they turned out. I look forward to designing a scenario to use with them.

Grassland Shrubs
This was my first project, I wanted to give my grasslands some variety.

Work in Progress

Swamp Bushes
Just like I did with the grasslands, I'll soon be making foliage for the swamp terrain. Instead of using my swamp set I decided to paint some of my more plentiful pieces.
I'll add plants, bushes, and logs to them later.

If anyone has some ideas, feedback, or comments about my work they are all welcome. I'm also open to offers on anything you like.

Last edited by Herofly; June 8th, 2017 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Added new projects
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:48 PM

TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart
Talking Re: Herofly's Custom Terrain

Looking good. That's a great way to start off actually if you ask me by building an adjacency blocker. Often times building something such as a wall or converting such an item to be used to block line of sight can take more work. In a game that had oh I don't know 5 of these bushes, figures without flying would be scrambling through the middle of the map(great for Forgotten forest setups) but this as you said was only your first piece out of who knows who many. Keep them coming @Herofly ! P.S. Thanks for including Raelin for relative scale.

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248
Old May 24th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Herofly's Custom Terrain

Yes great start into the customs realm! Well done!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 28th, 2017, 01:15 AM

I added pictures of my current projects
Old June 8th, 2017, 09:31 PM

Introducing Portals!
Please, no Chickens allowed.
Old June 9th, 2017, 03:06 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Portals look good. Is it painted foamboard?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 9th, 2017, 03:49 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

One thing you may want to consider is using mat board cut to shape using Grishnakh's template. Then you paint/add foliage/rocks/etc. on the board and you can move it at will to a map rather than having dedicated Scape tiles. Like this:

Here is a link to Grishnakh's tutorial.
Old June 9th, 2017, 05:35 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
One thing you may want to consider is using mat board cut to shape using Grishnakh's template. Then you paint/add foliage/rocks/etc. on the board and you can move it at will to a map rather than having dedicated Scape tiles. Like this:

Here is a link to Grishnakh's tutorial.
I second this. I have a very small selection of tiles, so I have used Grishnakhs technique for my custom terrain.
Old June 9th, 2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Portals look good. Is it painted foamboard?
Thank you all for the advice, I'll look into it to possible add it to them. I actually used cork board broken off into different pieces for the stone. Gives it a nice unstable look.
Old June 9th, 2017, 08:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I also would advise to use alternative bases rather than jack up your hexes. Been there. Done that. Wish I hadnt. With the exception of doing ticalla sets for legitimate tourney play.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 13th, 2017, 10:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'll echo the others as when I first started making custom terrain I also used up tiles I later wish I had back. I didn't stop using tiles all together, as sometimes it is nice to be able to lock your custom item into a board, but I'm certainly more open to just making something that sits on top of the tiles now.

I like those portals you made, you thinking about having any custom rules for moving into one and coming out the other one? Those foliage tiles are nice too and handy when you want to make a more realistic forest or jungle board. Just not enough objects came in the Forrest and Jungle sets for my liking, I like having a dense forest/jungle.
Old June 14th, 2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post

I like those portals you made, you thinking about having any custom rules for moving into one and coming out the other one?
I've been thinking of several different scenerios useing 1 or 2 portals. The main one I like is to play a king of the hill style map, whoever controls an alter at the end of the round can roll the d20 and can summon minions for x5 the roll's value out of the portal.

Another 1 portal variant is that one team starts with the portal but with a lower point value army. The attackers need to destroy the shrines to decrease the power of the portal (affecting how strong of minions can be summoned). Can you destroy the portal before the attackers get overrun? This will required quite a bit of play-testing to get balanced right.

Last of all I want to use the two portals as a way to move minions from one edge of the map to another. to clarify I'm referring to the edges in the middle of the map and not the start zones. This would create a wrap-around effect that offers an additional lane of attack for different armies. It would be fun to see new tactics develop as these are played with.

Feel free to let me know of any cool scenarios you might have, once my schedule lightens up I want to get a group together to start playing some of these.

Last edited by Herofly; June 14th, 2017 at 05:57 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles