Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 21st, 2014, 12:25 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Finally caught up and will add to the chorus. Others have already voiced it, but this game will not be Magic or Heroscape but will be inspired by both. Given the designer and the base games it's drawing from, I think it's very likely to be a good game that is a lot of fun on its own. And sure, you can always mine parts of it for Heroscape just as you can do with many other products. In this case, you could probably even draw inspiration from the design.

It seems that people are a little split over the Magic brand, and reasons for that vary from person to person. I've heard people complain about it for the cost involved and it being a CCG, for the community built around it, or for the crazy combos players can put together. I can't remark on what sort of collectible aspect they'll have with this game, but all of those concerns should be curtailed by the fact that it is going to be smaller. A new product can't suddenly have 20+ years of material behind it and producing miniatures has a much different cost profile than printing cards (molds are expensive). It will appeal to a more niche community and will likely not draw some of the more polarizing elements that have pushed many people away from the game.

I recommend putting aside expectations of this being Heroscape born again and just look at this game for what it is. I'm willing to keep my eye on it and see how what time brings in the coming year.

Spoiler Alert!
Old October 21st, 2014, 12:51 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't see why the squads being unpainted and have more than 1 life is a problem if you want to use them in HS. You could just call it as a new mechanism in Heroscape, summoned squads. I think it'd be very easy to use this in HS with little adjustment. I like it!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old October 21st, 2014, 01:21 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
If Ry is right (and I suspect he is) and this is close to the final product it seems like we won't get very many 3D tiles in a set. However, there is the flat board, which could be useful in map building.
Please don't tell me you're hyped by the flat board.
I'm not "hyped up" by it, but I'm not outright dismissive either.
Old October 21st, 2014, 01:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Great googley moogley, this thread is bringing out the old timers.

Good to see you posting, Sweetcurse! And Elstree, and the rest of you graybeards!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 21st, 2014, 01:32 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We're the ghosts of Scapedays past.

Graybeard indeed.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old October 21st, 2014, 04:46 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Quote:
If Ry is right (and I suspect he is) and this is close to the final product it seems like we won't get very many 3D tiles in a set. However, there is the flat board, which could be useful in map building.
Please don't tell me you're hyped by the flat board.
I'm not "hyped up" by it, but I'm not outright dismissive either.
As a base layer I am. That layer would save a ton on the set-up time & make your other tiles go further since you wouldn't be wasting them on the base layer.
Old October 21st, 2014, 05:14 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

I also think they haven't shown the white summoner yet because it would spoil a plot twist in the Magic universe. It will probably be a new character or someone will switch sides or something. If its hyped up it could boost sales.
Nah. I'd be surprised if it weren't Ajani.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 21st, 2014, 05:31 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Cat Litter Tiles are next

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:

I also think they haven't shown the white summoner yet because it would spoil a plot twist in the Magic universe. It will probably be a new character or someone will switch sides or something. If its hyped up it could boost sales.
Nah. I'd be surprised if it weren't Ajani.
This.

I just don't think they've nailed down who they want to use. Ajani seems the most likely to me though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 21st, 2014, 05:39 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It could always be Gideon, too. With Elspeth out of the stable of white planeswalkers, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it's some new character that they'll debut in the card game around the same time as some cross-promotional thing.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:16 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Absolutely stoked for this....that is all
Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Good God, another one!!!

I'm going to my bunker. Too creepy, with all these guys I'd given up for dead hanging around.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion