Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 7th, 2022, 09:47 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/13/22

Superfrog has offered to make the map. I just need to upload the final changes I made based on Dignan's comments above

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 8th, 2022, 09:29 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/13/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Hello @caps ,your remix looks very good, I kinda want to review it again but I have no scape anymore and can only play online soi I need to do the top-down view etc...
If you are up to do some online playtesting hit me up!
I am planning to upload this map to my own map thread soon (with credit to @Dignan , assuming he gives his blessing for me posting it there) along with the .hsc. Right now the remix has nowhere to "live" so unless Dignan wants to post it here in his thread I think that makes sense.
Yeah, I think it makes sense to post remixes in the thread of the person who did the remix. I've done it that way with the map that I remixed and it makes sense.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old March 17th, 2023, 04:25 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 3/17/23

Update 3/17/23

Here's one that has been on the table for some time. I've made some tweaks throughout the weeks we've been playing on it and I think I'm just about done. I've really enjoyed the oddities with this map. There is a lot of random ladder play involved and some interesting height advantages that are available here.

Map: Risky Outpost
Date Uploaded: 03/17/23
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 VW, 1 TJ

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old March 17th, 2023, 05:18 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

What a cool map!

It is interesting how the ladder towards the middle over lava creates a nice Raelin perch that, AFAICT, is only attackable by melee from lava (or perhaps from tall enough figures, through the battlement that faces the lone low-level swamp tile.

The level 6 ladder perches on the side could also be nice spots for Raelin.

Anyway, I really like the map! Very distinct aesthetically and looks like it has some pretty interesting gameplay.

--
--
--

--
Old March 17th, 2023, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
What a cool map!

It is interesting how the ladder towards the middle over lava creates a nice Raelin perch that, AFAICT, is only attackable by melee from lava (or perhaps from tall enough figures, through the battlement that faces the lone low-level swamp tile.

The level 6 ladder perches on the side could also be nice spots for Raelin.

Anyway, I really like the map! Very distinct aesthetically and looks like it has some pretty interesting gameplay.
Thanks. Yeah, we've had a lot of weird ladder plays with this one. I'm not sure if everyone will enjoy it as much as we have, but it felt a lot different to play on than other maps.

Old March 18th, 2023, 04:51 PM

Also, I'm experimenting with showing the startzones in my images better. Here is a test on one idea I had. Let me know if this is an improvement, feedback, etc.

Old March 18th, 2023, 04:56 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love the look and feel of this map, Dignan. In particular, I love your use of ladders. Obviously, the two-rung ladders are cool, and allow for gaining height in unique ways. But I also love the subtle use of the single ladders; on a map with so much height variation, those really help figures climb a lot faster — both by reducing the number of moves to climb two levels and also allowing them to stop mid-climb.

And also, I gotta commend any map that uses the flag!
Old March 18th, 2023, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
I love the look and feel of this map, Dignan. In particular, I love your use of ladders. Obviously, the two-rung ladders are cool, and allow for gaining height in unique ways. But I also love the subtle use of the single ladders; on a map with so much height variation, those really help figures climb a lot faster — both by reducing the number of moves to climb two levels and also allowing them to stop mid-climb.

And also, I gotta commend any map that uses the flag!
Thanks, man! Love to hear the feedback. The ladders are definitely key in helping keep movement on the map manageable. In general I tend to really like the possibilities that ladders can open up on maps.

And I always love adding a flag to my maps for the castle set. It just looks so cool.

Old March 19th, 2023, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Also, I'm experimenting with showing the startzones in my images better. Here is a test on one idea I had. Let me know if this is an improvement, feedback, etc.

Yeah I think that's useful.

--
--
--

--
Old March 19th, 2023, 06:29 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Risky outpost is in the map pool for our Peoria tourney this coming weekend...I'm excited to give it a go!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 19th, 2023, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Risky outpost is in the map pool for our Peoria tourney this coming weekend...I'm excited to give it a go!
Awesome to hear! Let me know how it goes. I hope it serves you guys well.

By the way, some people might be annoyed with the single lava field hexes near the middle with the battlement on them. They can be a little loose in play. I didn't mind, but some people might. If you have issues with them knocking off their spot, you can put a ladder down the back toward the molten lava spot to hold them in place. It has basically no impact on gameplay and will keep them solidly in position.

Old June 16th, 2023, 03:52 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 6/16/23

Update 6/16/23

Finally got around to uploading another map. We used this one at the recent draft tournament and we've enjoyed having on the table for the past few months. After a little bit of tweaking, I think we finally have it running well. Hope you enjoy it.

Map: Respite
Date Uploaded: 06/16/23
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 RttFF

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios