Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th, 2016, 09:57 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Decision 2016

There's no problem with people being anxious. I can understand that.

I can't, however, tolerate the hypocrisy some (some, not all), on the left are showing right now. The left has, for this whole election cycle, claimed the moral high ground and demonized all Trump supporters as racist, bigoted thugs. Don't get me wrong, there are most definitely racist, bigoted thugs who voted for Trump. To characterize every Trump supporter that way is wrong though.

And now that Trump has won, there are some (again, not all) on the left that are acting EXACTLY as I figured many Trump supporters would if Trump lost. Violent protests on the street, refusal to accept the outcome, broad generalizations and demonization (is that even a word?) of Trump and his supporters, a complete freak-out basically.

By acting this way, they're showing that their part of the left (not all the left, just their part) is no different that Trump's own extreme factions. Different vices, sure, but the same underlying problems. They've ceded the moral high ground that I , and many others, gave them during the election.

EDIT: I wouldn't even put these protests on the same level as similar protests by BLM. At least they, in some cases, are protesting an actual injustice. There's no injustice in Trump being elected. He won fair and square, as awful as it is. The protesters merely come off as sore losers.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General