Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old December 26th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Utah soundoff

So, I've been doing a lot of work for some time on custom terrain pieces and figures. I'd love to show ya'll what I've been working on and see what you think. Take a look and let me know. You should find all my customs at:

https://plus.google.com/u/2/11426730...6505426/photos (same link in my signature)

Also, I'm still working on getting a base for it and painting it...but I've conceptualized a Orc Grut Catapult and would like feedback concerning what I've developed so far. Here's what I've got so far:

Orc Grut Catapult
Destructible item/neural object (placed on the map prior to gameplay...anyone can access)

Life: 10
Move: --
Range: 10
Attack: 4
Def: 3

Specials
Bombard: After moving and before attacking, roll the 20 sided die in order to attack. If the targeted figure is in clear sight you must roll 11-20 to attack. If not in clear sight, you must roll 16-20 to attack. Catapult may only attack non adjacent figures. Add 3 die when attacking destructible objects.
Launch: Range: 6 Instead of attacking, you may choose any small or medium friendly figure adjacent to the catapult to launch. Figures launched must roll for damage unless they land on a water tile or elevation higher than the catapult.
Heavy: Whenever moving the catapult with a small figure, subtract 2, medium subtract 1, and large/huge figures may push the catapult with normal movement. Add 1 automatic shield when defending against a small or medium figure.
Control: The back right hex tile is the tile to operate and move the catapult.

*Flying doesn't effect it. Units may use the catapult and then do their own movement (if they haven't moved the catapult yet) and attack.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 28th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmm...interesting stuff. I like all your custom terrain. Camp fire is slightly problematic in that a ranged figure with a gun can use the flaming arrows ability...? Nothing you can really do to fix that, though (wording wise). I'd probably just use the campfire as a normal LOS blocker and then make scenario-specific rules for it (like Flaming arrows) per scenario, rather than making it an actual power.

Pillar of the Undead looks like a fun scenario piece where the non-undead player has to take and hold it in order to keep the undead player from regenerating...

Didn't really look too closely at your custom figs. Your BoM customs cracked me up, though. Cave Dwellers wording is vague (and therefore problematic). I would just say "If a Gandianton Robber is standing on a dungeon tile..." instead. Unless you don't have the DnD set...

I'm confused by this wording on Catapult:
"*Flying doesn't effect it. Units may use the catapult and then do their own movement (if they haven't moved the catapult yet) and attack."

So a unit can use the catapult (ie fire it) and then move and attack normally? That sounds a little OP. I would make it that the unit either:

a. Moves and attacks normally. OR
b. Moves and attacks with the catapult.

In fact, I'm almost tempted to say moving the catapult would take your entire turn (as would firing it). But that might make it unplayable so you'd have to experiment and see.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; December 28th, 2015 at 05:47 PM. Reason: poop
Old December 28th, 2015, 10:08 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

For whatever reason, I can't see your customs.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 29th, 2015, 07:31 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

For some reason, the first link I posted doesn't work...just use the link in my signature...that one should work since it goes to my Google+ account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
For whatever reason, I can't see your customs.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 29th, 2015, 08:17 AM

First off, THANK YOU for the great feedback and praise.

I could feel there was something that was just a little off in some of my things (and I'm sure more will be discovered as others comment), but I think you hit on some main ones.

Camp fire. Yes, it doesn't make sense for any gun characters. I think I always knew that was a flaw, but just needed to hear it from someone else as well. I think I'll take your advice on that one. Good insights.

Undead Pillar. HAHA Yes! One of my best scenario's. I have 5 squads of zombies and a custom zombie boss (Gorrok...I think I posted him?) that we used and it was legit. We had one player control all zombies and all other players had a hero and had to survive the onslaught :P...it was epic

Cave Dwellers. Great idea with the dungeon tiles. Unfortunately I don't have the DnD set...just about everything else but that. I'll go back and see if I can reword it. Even though it's vague and confusing, do you kinda get where I was going with it? they're protected as long as they're under some sort of overhang or structure etc. since I don't have dungeon, maybe use your suggestion but say Stone tiles instead? or is that too OP, considering a lot of terrain can potentially be stone based?

Catapult. Yeah, I've been conceptualizing this a lot and still trying to figure out the kinks...I fell pretty good about it, but you do make some strong points. The part about the flying was just an attempt to make it clear that flying characters can't fly with it...i.e. Charos taking it with him onto the top of a castle etc. I like your comment concerning turns. I agree, moving and using the catapult and then being able to move and use the character is OP. The trick then is to find a balance. I think I'll just have to play test it and tweak the rules each time to see how it goes. My other main concern is actually being able to move it. I think I'll have to make terrain specific maps when I use it because it covers a 3 hex tile.

Anyway, Thank you for your thoughts...and of course I'd appreciate any more feedback...and yes, the BoM characters have been fun to make I like to think I was pretty clever when coming up with their specials that pertain to their history/character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Hmm...interesting stuff. I like all your custom terrain. Camp fire is slightly problematic in that a ranged figure with a gun can use the flaming arrows ability...? Nothing you can really do to fix that, though (wording wise). I'd probably just use the campfire as a normal LOS blocker and then make scenario-specific rules for it (like Flaming arrows) per scenario, rather than making it an actual power.

Pillar of the Undead looks like a fun scenario piece where the non-undead player has to take and hold it in order to keep the undead player from regenerating...

Didn't really look too closely at your custom figs. Your BoM customs cracked me up, though. Cave Dwellers wording is vague (and therefore problematic). I would just say "If a Gandianton Robber is standing on a dungeon tile..." instead. Unless you don't have the DnD set...

I'm confused by this wording on Catapult:
"*Flying doesn't effect it. Units may use the catapult and then do their own movement (if they haven't moved the catapult yet) and attack."

So a unit can use the catapult (ie fire it) and then move and attack normally? That sounds a little OP. I would make it that the unit either:

a. Moves and attacks normally. OR
b. Moves and attacks with the catapult.

In fact, I'm almost tempted to say moving the catapult would take your entire turn (as would firing it). But that might make it unplayable so you'd have to experiment and see.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 29th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, I see what you were getting at with Cave Dwellers and overhangs. It's just that there's not really an official Heroscape definition of "overhang." Plus someone could argue that a particular figure isn't all the way under, etc. Stone tiles might work. I don't think it would really be OP but you'd have to factor it into their cost (ala Obsidian Guards), knowing that they'd pretty much get the bonus on every map.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old December 29th, 2015, 10:22 PM

Great point. I agree. B/c not every map is going to have an overhang and the definition is vague, and you want their special to be useful as it is...I just have to make up for it by making them a higher point value. I think I'll try play testing that and see how it goes.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 11th, 2016, 11:45 AM

@dart48 what have you found out about facilities in Pocatello? is there a time you think will work best for doing a tournament this spring?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 12th, 2016, 02:56 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoney View Post
@dart48 what have you found out about facilities in Pocatello? is there a time you think will work best for doing a tournament this spring?
I've found quite a few places that would work very well for the tournament. I'm still looking into a time frame that will work well. Anyone have a preference date? End of February or sometime in March work? I'm up for whatever date works for you guys.
Old January 12th, 2016, 04:40 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

I know I'm not in Idaho, but I would be interested in a spring tournament!!!! But I would only be open for a tournament in March... the later the better I look forward to another tournament!

H E R O S C A P E
Old January 12th, 2016, 05:35 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

First off, we should really change this thread to the Utah/Idaho Sound off.

I agree with Scaperdude. We should hold it a little later around March so the roads are better. We could call it March Madness on the Boarder!

I have been hiding away a NIB castle set for prize support. I bet I could get @qt.bangerang to come too.
Old January 12th, 2016, 07:37 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Let's plan on mid-late March then. I'll look into getting a place set up for then. I'll let you know when I get a firm date figured out. Saturdays work best for me. Any problems with it being on a Saturday?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers