Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 4th, 2018, 07:34 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New York New Year Showdown! Buffalo area

NYNYS - New York New Year Showdown!

Everyone is welcome to join us in kicking off 2019 in a pure, classy style, playing Heroscape! New or rusty? We will assist players with learning the game, feel free to come!

Format:
-Pre-built 365 point armies, 20 figure limit, destroy the opposition! I can provide armies to anyone that cannot build/bring their own! All official Heroscape (including official Marvel,) and C3V/SOV approved units are allowed.

*In honor of Stan Lee, I will be bringing a loaner army that consists solely of the official Heroscape Hulk (370 points). This will be the only army allowed over the 365 point limit. Please let me know if you wish to use this army at the tournament, it will otherwise be handed out to any interested walk-ins!

-40 minute battles, 4 battles, Swiss system. Battle 4 will be reverse the whip! (In reverse the whip, you trade armies with your opponent)
*If games go to time, players finish out the in-game round, and use partial card scoring to determine the winner (if you have 3 wounds on a 6 life hero, that hero is worth half of their point cost. If 2 out of 3 squad members are destroyed, that squad is worth one-third of their point cost.)

-W/L record will be primary means of determining tourney winner, point differential will be used to break ties.

Where:
Casual Dragon Games, located at 136 Walnut St, Lockport, NY 14094

When:
Saturday, January 5th, 2019. Please plan to arrive at 1:45 PM, dice to begin rolling at 2 PM! Tourney winner announcements and prize handouts to occur between 5:15-5:30.

How much?
$3 per player. All collected money will be used as prizes - store credit/gift cards.

Prizes:
The top three players will choose from the following prize pool (winner gets first pick, 2nd place next, and 3rd place gets whatever is left)

-New in Box Spearmen and Riflemen, courtesy of Typhon2222
-Collected entry fees, probably split 60/40 into gift cards/store credit (one prize being 60% of the pooled money, the other prize being 40%)

You need:
-Bare minimum: The $3 entry fee, and a friendly, competitive attitude.
-Not necessary, but feel free to bring: Your own order markers, dice, and food*, or extra money to order food*! There are plenty of nearby stores and restaurants (Molinaro's does pizza, salad, subs, italian cuisine. Sub Delicious has subs, fries, pizza. Both are walking distance.)
*Please do not eat while playing, we strongly prefer that you eat in between games, so we minimize the chance of defacing the game pieces.

Maps/Glyphs:
-This is looking like a solid choice of maps/glyphs. Glyph names in red are power glyphs, yellow are treasure glyphs. The treasure glyph trap for every map will be the following: New Years Prank - On a treasure glyph trap roll of 1-5, your opponent may place the treasure glyph (still face down) on any empty non-molten lava space within 4 spaces of the glyph's original position.

Ticalla Sunrise by @GameBear - 1 SotM, 1 TJ. Lorja Ivor (Range +1) and Lodin (D20 +1)

Ruins of Rennoc by @Flash_19 - 1 RotV, 1 VW, 1 FotA. Gerda (Def +1), as noted in map build

Galaxian by @Typhon2222 - 1 BftU. We will be slightly modifying the map: moving two water spaces, and cutting start zone down to 20 hexes, it is the version in the image below. Wannok (Wound), Ulaniva (Unique Attack +1)

Fragment by @Dignan - 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 TT. No power glyphs. Two random treasure glyphs will be placed close to the center of the map from the following pool: Scarab of Invulnerability (1-time ignore wound), Talisman of Defense (+1 def), Ring of Protection (1-time def +3)

Marsh Manor by @brandonwiker - 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 TJ. Yngvild (disengage), Kelda (1-time full heal)

Dance of the Dryads by @Typhon2222 - 1 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 VW. Valda (move +2), Dagmar (Initiative +eight) we are adding 1 random treasure glyph on the road space in the dead center of the map from this pool: Gem of Lava Resistance (Lava Resistant), Heroic Rune (attack +1)

Attending:
-brandonwiker + 5
-Sir Dendrik + Wife

Maybe:
- + 1

Feel free to PM me or post in this thread with any questions or comments! I can also be contacted at BuffaloHeroscape@gmail.com. I also plan on taking pictures of games in progress as I get a chance to. I will be uploading those as well as a post-tourney report to this site and to FB sometime after the event.

Well, are you coming? My zombies will be waiting to feast on eyeballs and entrails

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; January 3rd, 2019 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Finalize

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events