Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 17th, 2013, 09:31 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I wouldn't have issue since it's safe to assume (IMO) the needed number of Scapers can get/already have one.

-insert signature here-
Old December 17th, 2013, 08:03 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I'm not a judge anymore.
But, I personally do not like that figure. Too fake looking to me. I ended up turning mine into something more cool:
Spoiler Alert!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 17th, 2013, 08:06 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
I'm not a judge anymore.
But, I personally do not like that figure. Too fake looking to me. I ended up turning mine into something more cool:
Spoiler Alert!
Agreed, I don't really like the green, blue and white color scheme. I think that something along the lines of what ZB did would be much better.
-NS, not a judge, just stating my two sense.
Old December 17th, 2013, 09:58 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

But if the C3V is going to use it doesn't that exclude it from being used by the SOV? That's what happened when someone submitted a custom that used the Augaumo figure.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old December 17th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
But if the C3V is going to use it doesn't that exclude it from being used by the SOV? That's what happened when someone submitted a custom that used the Augaumo figure.
C3V said that they were not going to use that sculpt.
Old December 18th, 2013, 03:39 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh I missed that. Thanks.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old December 24th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Prince Al'kahora passed united fanscape evaluation and moves on in the process.
Old December 24th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Good luck for the Prince !

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old December 30th, 2013, 05:02 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Balance- Jarek is a swingy figure. As a 3-defense melee hero he is a little glass-jawed. That makes Exosuit a great power for him, and when his rolls are hot, he can be quite a stud. But as anyone who's played the MicroCorp Agents can tell you, "15 or higher" doesn't come as often as one might like. The Plasma Grenade Special Attack gives him some nice versatility, but its short range means he often has to catch himself in the explosion in order to hit the targets he really wants to hurt. Overall I found his point value to be a good representation of his compromise between being a melee hero and a crowd-clearer--there are other heroes that do either job much better for cheaper (Crixus and Sir Hawthorne on the one hand, Shotgun Sullivan and Heirloom on the other), but his versatility and synergy justify his higher price.

Playability
- I mainly liked playing Jarek Guy with the Mariedians. He was fun to play as a member of an adventuring party and useful in non-Mariedian armies, but being able to move him up without order markers via the M-43's Guerilla Tactics really increases his usefulness. In this way Jarek Guy can also serve to Menace your opponents with an OM or two on his card.
Powers: Jarek Guy has simple throwback powers that bring something new to the Mariedian faction.
Appropriate Stats: His stats match Crixus' stats. Fitting for a 100-point melee hero with swords. His armor is represented by the Exosuit 15 power.
Visual Distinctness: He looks a little odd next to the other Mariedians, but it's pretty easy to imagine his armor as being inspired by or inspiring the design of the 'Trons. The swords are an interesting and rather unexpected touch for a Mariedian, but they simply add to the charm of the unit for me.

Creativity
- Jarek Guy doesn't bring any truly new powers to the table, but he combines old powers and stats to create something fresh and useful. He plays differently from all of the previous Mariedian units, but he helps to give Mariedian armies a nice extra edge. The soft Soldier and Tricky synergies are also a nice touch that add another dimension to army-building.

Theme
- I like Jarek Guy's theme. His powers, appearance, and backstory captures several fun tropes, and the appearance of his armor has a nice superficial resemblance to the 'Trons. It is easy to imagine his armor as a prototype or inspiration for theirs, or vice versa.

Accessibility
- It was not necessary for me to check the Accessibility at this stage in the process, and it did not influence my vote, but I was curious anyway, so I looked. I had to dig around a bit, but I was able to find about 77 figures before I stopped looking. Some were a little pricier, but most were around $3, which is not bad.

--

Jarek Guy doesn't shake up the metagame, but he puts a few new tools in the the Mariedian's toolbox and gives them an extra edge while also being a decent stand-along hero with some light synergy in other builds. I found him balanced and fun to play. I vote to induct Jarek Guy into the Soldiers of Valhalla.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; December 30th, 2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: My first up-vote.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 05:09 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Looks like jarek got another yes, wish the op were updated.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 3rd, 2014, 05:23 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Looks like jarek got another yes, wish the op were updated.
Seriously??

Scytale is not on everyday...we all have lives. We just had a holiday, and you expect them to snap their fingers.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 3rd, 2014, 05:42 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs