Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 26th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The problem with Filler Figs...

....is that they show up in nearly every army!

Now maybe it's just me, but I was just playing with battle plan (which is excellent, by the way) and after making 4 armies, I noticed that each one had Otonashi/Isamu, Kyntella (they were Ullar-themed armies), and/or Marcu in them!

Is it just me, or have you noticed that you face one or more of these characters in every game?! Maybe after a few more are released, there will be enough variety that it won't be so annoying...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: The problem with Filler Figs...

It's a whole lot better, in my opinion, than going in to a game 10-20 points short of the point total.
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, sure. Like I said, I used them in each one of my army configs. I'm just wondering if people are getting sick of seeing these same figures every game. Releasing lots more fillers would alleviate this...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:37 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I agree that 3 or 4 more filler figs will help solve this problem, especially if no more of them are ninja. It would be great if some of the other times and genres got their own filler representative, like a 20-point Redcoat hero, or a 10-point Kyrie scout.
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I see Raelin and rats as much as I see them at tournaments.
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

I personally wouldn't mind a white ninja of some kind for 15 points going to Jandar. But I think only 1-3 more are really "needed"

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:57 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

With WotC at the helm who knows, but Wave 7 and 8 both showed movement in the direction of filler units with Macu and Isamu (W7) and Otonashi (W8 ). Since W9 was pre-WotC, I expect to see another 10pt hero (hopefully not a ninja) this summer.

FWIW, I agree B.I.V. but what can ya do at this point?

-insert signature here-
Old February 26th, 2009, 06:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
It's a whole lot better, in my opinion, than going in to a game 10-20 points short of the point total.
Agreed.

Gosh, if only there was some way to consistently hit point totals without relying on filler units...
Old February 26th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They really should not make too many 10 pt figs, because before you know it, people will build an army of 10 pt Ninja's. They might be a little too strong if they are no longer just usable as "filler". a 10 and a 15 pt figure for each general should be just enough.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old February 26th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Yeah, maybe no more then 8 of them or so.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I only play in casual games, so I don't see the rats or other A units played more often than bad ones. Gurie oni has been popular lately. Isamu, however, still ends up in half the games and I've heard it said a few times that people were sick of him. Otonashi hasn't really helped as a replacement for Isamu since she relies on having a specific personality in your army already for one of her abilities. She's still used just not as often.

I would definately like more 10 point fillers. I'm not real big on the idea, but how would a 10 pt. common figure be?

Edit: RoberDD, I don't think having 10 10pt ninjas in an army would be too powerful. If your opponent sees who you've got your order markers on he could target those guys and take them out fairly easy. Plus you'd only be getting one average attack per activation. If the army could be half way competitive I think it would be a fun thing to see, play, or play against. Now I am for lots more 10 pointers.
Old February 26th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post

Edit: RoberDD, I don't think having 10 10pt ninjas in an army would be too powerful. If your opponent sees who you've got your order markers on he could target those guys and take them out fairly easy. Plus you'd only be getting one average attack per activation. If the army could be half way competitive I think it would be a fun thing to see, play, or play against. Now I am for lots more 10 pointers.
Yeah, I really don't see someone playing an army of filler units. In addition to what Sparkle said, you'd only be getting one activation per OM (or maybe 2 if you have Guilty or another Guilty-type filler) which is hugely inefficient. Plus, OM mangement in general would be difficult. It would be especially hard to spread out a large group of fillers with moving only 3 per turn. Imagine if Zelrig or some other area effecter was speeding toward your start zone...

Brandon

Last edited by The B.I.V.; February 26th, 2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Your mom told me to...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units