Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 26th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Just found this thread! I'm curious how this works? and I'd like to be a part of it. Considering I play heroscape games weekly (on average 2-3) I'm sure I could give good reviews to maps etc. and I'm a map maker myself so maybe submit a few too

Do I need to be a member of a group to give official reviews or to vote or submit maps for review? If you'd could explain the process and how I participate that would be great! B/c I also have a YouTube Channel with weekly battle videos and @Tiranx and I played on HWotH and could give a good review as well...we both loved it.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 26th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They pick someone when there's a vacancy. There's another map group, too, as well as the FanScape customs projects. The best way to get involved with any of those groups, in my opinion, is to (1) let them know you're interested, as you've done here, and see how they respond, (2) demonstrate a willingness and ability to participate by posting constructively for their mission, and (3) be patient.

My two cents from a non-judge.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 28th, 2016, 08:27 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Thanks for the interest in the thread. There are two ways to be apart of this process:
1. As a mapmaker: Anyone can submit any map for review. It can be your own or someone else's. Simply post to this thread that you would like to submit map X and provide a link. Many submitters also include a short write up about way they like it etc. (though not required).

2. As a judge: This one is trickier. We have a group of 6 judges at a time. When one of them steps down, we look for a replacement. So it's a pretty regimented process and can take some time to get in. We aren't trying to be exclusive, we are just trying to maintain an order and uniform process along the life of the BoV.

That said, we've let this thread limp along for some time now without our proper attention. We'll try to get this thing going in the right direction again. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old March 28th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Alright...well count me in! I love mapmaking and even if mine aren't the best, there are plenty of other creator's who's maps I really enjoy. I'd love to see this thread come alive again and get some new BoV maps approved

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 28th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The goal of this group is to approve maps for competitive play. Not just to make maps, but to make maps that work for competitive play according to the terrain limitations described in the OP. If that's what you want to do, you're in the right place.

= =
Old March 31st, 2016, 11:49 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So glad to see a little more activity in here. Very excited to see more reviews of High Ways or the Highway as well as the potential for Spineback Ridge.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old April 11th, 2016, 06:10 PM

JaredStarkiller Woo who?

this maybe the wrong place but does anyone know how to make this castle?
Old April 13th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Haha, yes, definitely the wrong place.

Check out the downloads section for lots of great castle ideas. I don't think anyone has specifically attempted this exact build though. My guess is that it was built just for the poster, and probably is more designed to "look cool" than to "play well".

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old April 13th, 2016, 03:43 PM

JaredStarkiller Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
. My guess is that it was built just for the poster, and probably is more designed to "look cool" than to "play well".
that's a good point.
Old May 5th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Second Highest Poster

This is pretty rough. I nominated a map about 6 months ago. Not only has it not been reviewed, but only 2 of the 6 people have even chimed in about whether or not it SHOULD be reviewed.

Old May 5th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oooh, that is an interesting map, happyjosiah. I'll try to remember to include it in my next tournament, whenever that is.

Good luck getting things moving in here.

= =
Old May 6th, 2016, 08:49 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
This is pretty rough. I nominated a map about 6 months ago. Not only has it not been reviewed, but only 2 of the 6 people have even chimed in about whether or not it SHOULD be reviewed.
Sorry about that. To be honest, I'm not certain what the activity is of the other members of the BoV. They may no longer be logging on to this site. Over the past two years, there has been a slow and steady decline in the activity on this thread.

It's nothing personal, it's just the state of this particular thread.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios