Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 9th, 2012, 06:27 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Removing Terrain Rules

The Book of Removing Terrain Rules

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 19
DEVOURER OF WORLDS

Download the PDF

Rules Description - The Battlefield is changing! War has a way of changing the landscape. Now it changes your Heroscape! Read all about it in this new set of rules for removing terrain during a C3G Superheroscape battle.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Art: Comic Art, Figure Pics
  • Art by A3n

Last edited by A3n; April 29th, 2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:29 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Removing Terrain

Ok, being looking at the rules book to go with Galactus & deciding how to lay it out. I was thinking that it really shouldn't be a Galactus ruleset. It should be a ruleset about removing tiles from the battlefield & use Galactus as an example & so lets re-purpose the rules. Here's my first attempt (I got as far as the Galactus Clarifications & stopped editing because I wasn't thinking straight anymore & I wanted to make sure this tangent isn't completely wrong):

Quote:
The Battlefield is Changing
C3G has never been afraid to expand the great game that is Heroscape into uncharted areas of fun and mayhem. Now we take it even further with a ruleset that allows for pieces to be removed from the battlefield in the course of a match. Now this at first might seem a little strange, and you are probably thinking, "Why would I want to remove pieces of the battlefield that I am playing on?" Well there are many answers which I am sure will come to you all by themselves, but the immediate answer is: because when C3G designs an Event Hero that thematically eats whole worlds, you bet we are going to have a mechanic that simulates such a thing in our Heroscape games. Yes we are talking about Galactus, Devourer of Worlds! And yes, he is going to be destroying the battlefield as you play. <<Cue the fainting theme geek, now.>>

Other uses of such a ruleset could be a figure that pounds the ground causing a crater to appear, or a mystical artifact that allows you to pick up pieces of the ground and fling them at your opponents, or maybe a figure that magically moves the ground from one part of the battlefield to form a shield in front of it. Imagination is now the only limitation, as we've set out the mechanics to make it all possible.

The Fun Begins
Like all C3G rulesets, we haven't made an elaborate set of rules that could be its own stand-alone game. This ruleset offers a "light touch" as a complement to the official Heroscape rules. Nothing hard to remember, nothing too cumbersome to carry out. Simply the rules are:
  1. Choose one or more pieces of terrain to remove as described on the card or in the scenario.
  2. Remove the pieces from their position on the battlefield.
  3. Place, or remove completely from play, the pieces of terrain as described on the card or in the scenario.
  4. Repeat as required.
1. Choose the terrain pieces
The card or scenario will direct you as to what type of terrain pieces you can choose. Variants will include the size, which refers to the standard configuration of the pieces, i.e. single hex, double hex, triple hex, 5 hex (road), 7 hex, and 24 hex. The lack of size designation in the power means it can be any of these. Another possible variant is the type of terrain, referring to: grass, rock, sand, road / wall walk, concrete, asphalt, swamp, snow, lava field, jungle, dungeon, water, swamp water, molten lava, ice, or shadow.

The terrain pieces you may choose include any piece used to build a battlefield that can be separated from other pieces and that does not have an Army Card (such as a Glyph, figure, or destructible object would). The only exception to this rule is that ladder pieces connected to one another can be chosen together as a single “terrain piece.”
  • The pieces you choose must not have any figures, destructible objects, Glyphs, or other terrain pieces on top of it.
  • The pieces you choose must not destabilize any pieces that remain on the battlefield. This means that any piece that would remain must stay in its original position after your chosen pieces are removed.
  • The pieces you choose cannot leave any remaining piece in an incorrect placement; e.g. a piece that makes up one of the only two connected faces to a jungle piece cannot be removed (refer to page 2 of the Ticalla Jungle Expansion set rules).
  • The pieces you choose cannot create an overhang that didn't exist before their removal.
The exception to these rules is if a player has more than one piece available to remove, that player may choose more than one piece at a time; and can choose pieces that, when removed together, leave the battlefield stabilized and correct.

This process of choosing terrain pieces may involve a bit of patience, fiddling, and the occasional rebuilding of the map as players endeavor to see what pieces can be removed without removing other pieces in the process. Players may test to see if a piece can be removed without removing, moving, or destabilizing other pieces before choosing to remove that piece. If a player begins lifting or pulling at a piece and realizes that removing this piece would affect another piece, that player may replace the piece without penalty. A piece is not considered chosen for removal until it has fully been removed from the battlefield without causing another piece to be unintentionally moved or removed.

2. Remove the pieces from the battlefield
Once one or more pieces are chosen, they can then be removed. If a player removes a piece and finds that it affects other pieces that weren’t chosen, that player must return all pieces required to restore the map to its prior state. The player may choose other pieces in place of those returned as long as all pieces comply with step 1.

3. Place the pieces as directed
Follow the power text on the card or scenario for placing the removed pieces. The default action is to remove the pieces from play; therefore, placement in this instance is anywhere that is away from the battlefield. Some powers in the future may tell you to place the pieces back onto the battlefield, such as adjacent to another figure. If the pieces are to become part of the battlefield again, you must place each piece as per all rules pertaining to building a battlefield and that piece of terrain.

4. Repeat as required
If a player is allowed to remove more than one piece they may choose multiple pieces as part of step 1 and remove them at the same time as per step 2. Otherwise, you may continue to choose and remove pieces individually, repeating steps 1 to 3 until all allowed pieces have been removed.

Battlefields Divided

Finally, we understand that in your exuberance of removing pieces, a battlefield could be split into more than one battlefield. In this circumstance, the following procedures apply:
  • Each battlefield is considered a separate battlefield for the purpose of any special powers. For instance, if a special power allows a player to place a figure on any space on the battlefield, it only applies to the specific battlefield that figure currently occupies, not any of the other separated battlefields.
  • Figures, Glyphs, Army Cards, special powers, etc. cannot interact with anything on a separate battlefield.
  • If a battlefield exists at the end of any figure's turn without any figures occupying it, that battlefield is no longer considered part of the game.
  • If a figure has an ability that allows it to be removed from the battlefield and then be returned to it later, that figure can be returned to any battlefield that is still in play.
  • Whatever victory conditions were laid out at the start of the battle now apply to all battlefields created by any and all divisions of the original battlefield and determine the winner on each separate battlefield.
  • Each winner of each battlefield is awarded a victory point. The player with the most victory points is deemed to be the winner of the game. The game is drawn if two or more players have equally the highest amount of victory points.
Galactus Clarifications
Galactus is a ground-breaking design in many ways. First, is his unique base size. Second, he is the first figure to utilize this game-changing ruleset for the removal of terrain from the battlefield during the course of the match. Here are some clarifications for how he should be played.

"Herald of Galactus" Clarification
  • When placing Galactus with Herald of Galactus, all 4 spaces of the 2 double spaced bases must be on the same level. It is possible for Galactus to have his feet on either side of terrain that is either higher or lower level than that which his bases are on, as long as the bases are on the same level.
  • Figures that can fit on and move through the spaces between his feet, are allowed to do so.
  • Figures on the eight spaces surrounding each foot (15 spaces in total) can be considered engaged with Galactus as per official engagement rules.

"Devourer of Worlds" Clarifications
  • Choosing Terrain Pieces - As specified in the Devourer of Worlds special power, you may choose terrain pieces, glyphs, destructible objects, or obstacles that are unoccupied by figures regardless of size. If you choose terrain pieces, they can be of any type.
  • Removing Pieces - The chosen pieces are removed from the battlefield completely and cannot be used for the remainder of the game. Removing pieces from the battlefield is not the same as destroying them and therefore the removal of a piece does not satisfy powers that are triggered by the destruction of that piece.
  • Destroying Figures – If, and only if, there are no pieces (unoccupied terrain, glyphs, destructible objects, or obstacles) by figures, then you may instead choose one figure and destroy it.

Last edited by A3n; November 30th, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old June 9th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks good! I went through and edited some language - mostly "it's" for "its" and "s" for "z" to Americanize your text. I think this is really strong, though, and I would answer an emphatic yes to your question in green.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 10th, 2012, 12:03 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks like a great start! You're awesome, A3N!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old June 10th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Great job A3n!

I agree with Bats in being able to remove water, lava and shadow. Though I think in a game I might be irritated if the player controlling Galactus spent 10 minutes in doing whatever it took to get one of these out, especially if figures got knocked over in the process.

I'm sure people will learn to set some ground rules or etiquette when playing him so the games don't get ridiculous in time involved in removing terrain that it takes away from the actual gameplay. To me there isn't much fun in waiting around every turn for taking apart and rebuilding things, so I think people will do it in a courteous manner or likely not get that gaming partner to play again against Galactus.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I feel like the Galactus Clarifications at the bottom now belong in the Rulings and Clarifications section of Galactus' Book. The rest of the rules look great to me.
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree. Though it looks like A3n didn't quite complete what he wanted to put there yet.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 12th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

And with him gone for a week, I was going to wait until he got back to make any suggestions.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old June 15th, 2012, 07:27 AM

I am hoping for some editing to be done on all else but the Galactus Clarifications, I want to see what the rules will look like completely before redefining his Clarifications as I don't believe there should be too much to clarify once we polish the rules. So please SirG, or anybody else post your edits now.
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:35 AM

I already edited in any grammar things I spotted and some word choice things I spotted in the post itself. I liked everything I saw other than that, though, so consider me satisfied here.

Old June 15th, 2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I already edited in any grammar things I spotted and some word choice things I spotted in the post itself. I liked everything I saw other than that, though, so consider me satisfied here.
cool.
Old June 15th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I see no issues but I'm no english expert.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library