Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 16th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Always tailor it. You cannot devote too much attention to detail, everything must be with a purpose and precisely in its place.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 16th, 2015, 12:05 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

For the d20, I believe that initiative counts the full range of values. So, if you have Dagmar, you can roll a 28, which would beat somebody with Mogrimm that rolled a 23. Similarly, rolling a 1 would beat a roll of -1. In other situations, rolling above a 20 counts as 20, so I believe that rolling under a 1 would still count as 1.

EDIT: From the FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
For any 20-sided die roll (except for initiative), any number above 20 counts the same as a 20. Initiative is different however, if you are on the glyph of lodin and roll a 20 (20+lodin=21) and your opponent rolls a 20 as well, you win the initiative roll.
Subtracting from die rolls is new to FanScape, but I think the principle is clear.
Old January 27th, 2015, 02:23 PM

Bobotanemire is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hello,

This might have been asked already, but anyways.

Is there an option to determine your terrain sets and based on that get heroscape map templates? I do have 3x RotV 1x BftU 1x FotA 1x RttFF. Looking through downloads section of this site, the pre-built maps are really badly arranged. Hard to find a map that corresponds to my sets.

Thanks for your time and answers!
Old January 27th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There used to be. I never used it, but someone should be around soon with the link soon enough. How many maps do you want to build, and what type of games do you want to play on them? What are you looking for in the map's appearance? It's also pretty easy to build yourself some Ticalla Jungle sets, if you'd like. I'm not very handy and I did. All you need is a few hexes you're willing to part with, a convenient pet store with aquarium supplies, some glue, and a drill. There's a link for that around here somewhere, too.

= =
Old January 27th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Apparently the .cz one from bitd is gone, but here's another.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 27th, 2015, 02:47 PM

Bobotanemire is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thank you both for amazingly quick replies.
@Dad_Scaper
I want to build 1 map per game session. I mostly play 1v1v1 or 2v2 games. Maps should be as diverse as possible. I'll look into how to build my Ticala jungle expansion. Thanks for the tip!
@Killometer
Thank you for the link. It is just what I was looking for!
Old January 27th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

For multiplayer maps, I have a shortcut for you:

(1) Follow the link to my Battle Reports thread, in my signature block.
(2) Look in the OP of that thread for links to "tournament reports" for my "multiplayer" tournaments. You can skip directly to one such tournament thread right now, from my signature block below.
(3) Follow the link from my battle report thread to the tournament thread for the multiplayer tournament thread.
(4) Look through the OP for each multiplayer tournament thread. You will find that, in that post, I have put on display a bunch of 3 and 4 player maps. Some won't work for you, but I expect some will.

Happy hunting!

= =
Old January 27th, 2015, 09:31 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dumb Question time with TheAverageFan: If my Cyprien really needs to heal so he goes over and Chilling Touches my Myrddin but rolls an 11 or something (no Sonya), does he still get the Life Drain if Myrddin bumps up his 20d roll but kills himself in the process (if he had 2 or less Life)? If not could he technically kill himself by wounding himself down to 1 Life (if he had 3 Life) to help Cyprien get the 1 wound?

Thanks,
~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 27th, 2015, 09:34 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Dumb Question time with TheAverageFan: If my Cyprien really needs to heal so he goes over and Chilling Touches my Myrddin but rolls an 11 or something (no Sonya), does he still get the Life Drain if Myrddin bumps up his 20d roll but kills himself in the process (if he had 2 or less Life)? If not could he technically kill himself by wounding himself down to 1 Life (if he had 3 Life) to help Cyprien get the 1 wound?

Thanks,
~TAF
I would rule no in the first case and yes in the second case.

~Dysole, order of operations
Old January 28th, 2015, 06:08 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Myrrdin says you can still pump up D20 rolls even if it would kill him. So, yes, Myrddin will be capable of giving Cyprien that needed +2.

Edit: Wait, I read the question wrong. No, Cyprien doesn't get the life drain bonus if Myrrdin dies because of his power. The wounds are applied before the d20 effects take place, which is before the effects of Chilling Touch kick in.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 31st, 2015, 09:10 AM

TJByrum is surprisingly tart

Abilities like Mindshackle say "after moving but before attacking"; does this allow the player to move, use the ability, and then attempt a normal attack?

Or does it mean you may move, but instead of attacking you can use the ability?
Old January 31st, 2015, 09:42 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

If it says "before" you can still attack. If it says "instead of" you can't.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's