Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 11th, 2016, 02:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Season 24 - Gencon Prep - ROUND 2 POSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraguy816 View Post
Update. I am sick so I was in bed until 5pm EST. I am feeling a lot better so me and dillerbocker will probably be playing 7est and 4 in Arizona. Which is probably Pacific.
AZ is on mountain time.
... but because AZ does not observe Daylight Savings time, during the summer AZ is in the same time zone as the west coast, and is 3 hours behind the east coast, not 2 like most of the rest of the Mountain time zone.

In related news:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraguy816 View Post
We both said EST so it's not timezone.
While this was not the cause of the mix-up in your game, EST refers specifically to Eastern Standard Time. If your clock is set to Eastern Standard time then it's the same time that it is in Chicago or Dallas right now. If you are on the east coast of the USA you are currently on Eastern Daylight Time, which is an hour later.

I order to avoid this confusion I generally just schedule games by referring to "Eastern time" without reference to daylight savings, although this can (and did, for me, this week) create confusion when scheduling with people who are in places that don't observe daylight savings.

Last edited by dok; July 11th, 2016 at 02:42 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events