Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 12th, 2019, 03:15 AM

Leo Ultra is surprisingly tart
Re: [AotV] Pre-Brainstorming Thread

I gotta say, I do not care for the idea of the Cryptoliths being climbable, although I am tempted to support it by the possibility of a dangerous fall damage rule for someone who is on top of it when it is destroyed(For instance, damage being 1 unblockable die for Flying figures and 2 for non-flying, regardless of figure height, maybe an explosion theme... Hang on, how does... oh right. Grappling hook.). Otherwise, I like the idea of a force field giving a wall of Thorian, however I think it could also ONLY affect Special Attacks. Perhaps the Cryptoliths are even "Reality Normalizers" or "Antimagic Field Generators," and they prevent the use of Special Attacks and Powers (looking at you, Braxis) by figures 2 or fewer spaces away, while also preventing damage or destruction by the same to those within 2 spaces of it. (Is my favorite figure Kira Jax? Yes it is. Is this similar? ... maybe, so sue me)

Looking over at the firecats and phoenixes, I have suggestions for them both.

For the phoenixes. I have had an idea for a long time about a Unique version of the Obsidian Guards which sees them with a special version of The Drop:

Meteoric Elite

Utgar

Moltarn
Unique Squad (2)
Soldiers
Ferocious
Medium 5

LIFE --------1
MOVE -----4
RANGE ----1
ATTACK ---3
DEFENSE--4
Cost ----- 90

LAVA RESISTANT
This figure never has to stop its movement when entering Molten Lava and never rolls for lava field or molten lava damage.

METEORITIC IMPACT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1+Special, Attack 3
The Meteoritic Elite do not start the game on the battlefield. At the beginning of each round, before placing order markers, you may roll the D20. If the result is a 13 or higher, place all of the Meteoritic Elite, one at a time, on the battlefield in empty spaces of your choice. You may not place them adjacent to any glyph or to each other. Upon entering the battlefield, you must use this special attack. The Meteoritic Impact Special Attack effects all adjacent figures, including your own.

MOLTEN METEOR BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1+Special, Attack 2
This special attack affects all figures adjacent to the attacking Meteoritic Elite figure.
If a Meteoritic Elite figure ended its normal movement in a molten lava space this turn, you may place that figure in any space within 4 clear sight spaces before using this special attack. This space may be up to 4 levels higher. If it was engaged before moving, it does not take any leaving engagement strikes.

Regrettably, the chance of finding Moltarn sculpts is... essentially zero. So it occurred to me that perhaps the phoenixes could work that way instead:

Flamesouls
Unique Squad (3)
Scouts
Relentless
Medium 4

LIFE --------1
MOVE -----7
RANGE ----1
ATTACK ---3
DEFENSE--2
Cost ----- 120

LAVA RESISTANT
This figure never has to stop its movement when entering Molten Lava and never rolls for lava field or molten lava damage.

BLAZEWING RESSURECTION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1+Special, Attack 3
The Blazewing Phoenixes do not start the game on the battlefield. At the beginning of each round, before placing order markers, if one or more of the Blazewing Phoenixes are not on the field, having not yet been placed or being previously destroyed, you may roll the D20. If the result is a 13 or higher, place all of those* Blazewing Phoenixes, one at a time, on the battlefield in empty spaces of your choice. You may not place them adjacent to any glyph, or to each other. Immediately after placing all of the Blazewing Phoenixes on the battlefield, you must use this special attack. The Blazewing Ressurection Special Attack effects all adjacent figures, including your own.

FLYING
You guys know the gist.

*"One of those", maybe? All of them could be... Annoying.

I wish you high rolls, fair winds, and following seas.
I am a proud member of Platyfly!, a sketch comedy YouTube channel dedicated to giving Platypi the Flying Special Power!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs