Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 12th, 2019, 06:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
[Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace Investigator) - Compat. Testing

The Book of Tetsuo Tyrell

Arena of the Valkyrie Master Set

Printer-Friendly PDF

VYDAR
NAME Tetsuo Tyrell
Species Human
Unique Hero
Class Neuromancer
Personality Tricky
SIZE HEIGHT Medium 5

LIFE 6
MOVE 5 / BASIC 5
RANGE 4 / BASIC 4
ATTACK 3 / BASIC 4
DEFENSE 2 / BASIC 5

90 POINTS

OVERCLOCK
Before attacking with Tetsuo Tyrell, you may place a wound marker on this Army Card to add 2 to his Attack value and 1 to his Range value.

MIND JACK 20
When revealing an Order Marker on Tetsuo Tyrell, after taking his turn, you may choose any opponent's Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Tetsuo. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each wound marker on this card. If you roll a 20 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All Order Markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

The figure used for this unit is Jace, Investigator from Arena of the Planeswalkers Shadows Over Innistrad.

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Editing Checklist

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Q: If Tetsuo uses Overclock and the added wound is enough to destroy him, does he still get to attack?
A: No. The wound is added before the attack. If that's enough to destroy Tetsuo, he is immediately removed from the board.

Q: If Tetsuo uses Overclock, does he have to attack?
A: No.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
TBA

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
TBA

Playtesting:
Test 1
Test 2
Test 3
Test 4
Test 5
Test 6
Test 7
Test 8
Test 9
Test 10
Test 11
Test 12
Test 13

14 15 16 17

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; June 21st, 2023 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Thru #435 / 90p
Old May 12th, 2019, 08:32 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [AotV] UNIT NAME (Jace, Investigator) - Pod 0 - Design

The theme for this guy that someone mentioned in the discord was cyberpunk, and I love it. Here's a quick 2-minute draft.

Neuromancer Jydel

Human/Posthuman
U.Hero
Neuromancer
Tricky

3/5/5/3/4

Neural Hack
Before attacking, choose an enemy figure. On a roll of X, place a marker on that figure's card. That figure can't use any powers on their army card. Remove the marker at the end of that figure's next turn.

Digitize
Once per game, instead of being destroyed, place Jydell on the Army Card of another figure you control. Replace him at the start of your next round with one wound on his Army Card.

Disengage/Phantom Walk?
Old May 12th, 2019, 11:33 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm a big fan of the cyberpunk theme as well. It feels like a good fit with the miniature, and we could use the extra sci-fi.

Another idea brought up in the Discord was making him a Mariedian from before the rise of the SoulBorgs, perhaps one of the scientists instrumental in combining the first soul with a machine. This doesn't mesh well with a cyberpunk theme, though, because it's established that Alpha Prime was a utopia before the SoulBorgs rose.

Quote:
Neural Hack
Before attacking, choose an enemy figure. On a roll of X, place a marker on that figure's card. That figure can't use any powers on their army card. Remove the marker at the end of that figure's next turn.
Depending on the range of the ability (or even if it required him attacking that figure), I like this. I'm not overly fond of using a marker, but it's necessary to only negate one turn here. Another option for a negation centered ability could be the Negation Drive from one of my customs:

For Digitize, I'm not opposed to some kind of resurrection power, but I'd prefer to explore other avenues. We already have the pheonixes (and potentially shadow zombies) from other pods that could be using reviving, and we don't want to overload the set with revival-based powers when they were so rare in official HeroScape.
Old May 12th, 2019, 11:44 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I was thinking a range of 4, but him attacking that figure also works out very well.

You're right that a resurrection probably doesn't work - perhaps make it like Stealth Armor but with a caveat that you have to move him around.
Old May 13th, 2019, 12:17 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Posthuman is 100% ok with me, I want to see what happens to humanity in the far future so I suspect there is a market for it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 13th, 2019, 12:59 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

A Stealth Armor that moves around sounds similar to Rygarn's Temporal Jump. We could retheme that if we wanted to better fit the cyberpunk theme, perhaps with an added line of sight restriction or other tweaks.

He looks like a human to me, so I'd prefer for him to just be that if he isn't an alien.
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:02 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
I’m a smurf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
A Stealth Armor that moves around sounds similar to Rygarn's Temporal Jump. We could retheme that if we wanted to better fit the cyberpunk theme, perhaps with an added line of sight restriction or other tweaks.

He looks like a human to me, so I'd prefer for him to just be that if he isn't an alien.
He has blue arms, I think that is enough excuse to call him posthuman.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:04 PM

Posthuman implies that he was human at one point, but had cybernetic augmentation’s or something like that.
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:06 PM

Re: I’m a smurf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
He has blue arms, I think that is enough excuse to call him posthuman.
He does? It always looked to me like the blue was either his sleeves or a glove on his clenched hand. Where the fire is coming from, it looks like he has normal skin on his hand.

If that's the case, then I don't particularly mind Posthuman, but I don't see much of a reason for it unless we want to remove Ebon Armor synergy or make it explicitly clear that he's from the future, which his abilities should be doing anyway.
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:09 PM

Another idea: Digitize allows him to “digitize” friendly figures and “store“ them on his card, to move them around like a more advanced Carry.
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:13 PM
I could go

That’s a cool idea PK! I’d encourage a small chance of the power failing, sending the figure permanently into the matrix.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Posthuman implies that he was human at one point, but had cybernetic augmentation’s or something like that.
If it's only cybernetic augmentations, I think that it would be more fitting to go with a Cyborg class for a Human species. Posthuman implies something more than that to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Another idea: Digitize allows him to “digitize” friendly figures and “store“ them on his card, to move them around like a more advanced Carry.
That could be an interesting route, but he would need to be a little more durable (or just faster) to make it worthwhile, I think. Protecting figures by digitizing them is an interesting idea, but if he's more likely to die than they are, I don't think that it'll be used.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs