Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old January 18th, 2010, 12:31 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom work by Yodaking - Updated 1/17

Just finished up some new stuff this weekend. I picked up a couple of D&D Deathcap figures a couple of weeks ago for use in future dungeon themed 'scape. They look pretty cool but are a bit small IMO so I decided to make some full grown shrooms of my own.

I made 5, 1 Hex Mushrooms.

The one with the cone shaped cap is actually orange in color, not red. For some reason it turned out red when I took the pic. One of the Deathcaps I bought is in front so you can see the size difference. Also put a few 'scape figures in the pic for size comparison. Here are the special rules I came up with for the mushrooms I made:

When a small or medium figure standing adjecent to a large mushroom is attacked by a large or huge figure, roll 1 extra defense die.

The concept behind the rule is that a small or medium figure would be able to duck under the cap when facing a large figure, occationally causing the large figure to hit the mushroom instead.

I also made 3, 3 Hex Mushrooms designed to sit in the center of the tile.

One of these is also orange in color. I designed them to be just high enough for small and a few medium figures capable of standing/moving underneath the cap. Most medium, and all large/huge figures would be forced to move around them though. Creating a movement blocker for them and a place to sneak about for small figures.

Here is a pic of all 8 of them. I took this pic without using the flash which allowed the orange one to show up a little bit better. Still doesn't really do the paint job justice though.

Here are a couple of game board pics.

You can see in the second pic that I left one of the 1 hex mushrooms flat on top so that a figure could stand on it.

And here are a few pics showing the action taking place under the caps.

Well that's it. It took me about a week.

Day 1: Carve the mushroom caps and stems out of green foam.
Day 2: Added the bases, glued the caps and stems together, applied 2 coats of modge podge.
Day 3: Spray painted the bottoms of all of them. Let them dry. Spray painted tops of all of them. Let them dry again.
Day 4: Started painting.
Day 5: Finished painting.
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:55 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Custom work by Yodaking

Lots of great stuff here! =rep to an up and coming terrain maker.
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:53 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Customs by Yodaking - Updated 1/17 - Mushroom Forrest.

Here is a 16 Hex Marvel Playset I just put together. Check out the Marvel ideas thread for more info on where it came from and to see the before pics.

Here it is on it's own:

Here you can see how it fits into a board layout:

A man arrives at the airport carrying a mysterious item.

Suddenly all hell breaks loose as the villianous Red Skull makes his move on the bagman and Captain America appears to protect the secrets he holds.

The battle spreads as more villians and heros join the fray. Dr. Doom unleashes chaos by using an item of power to summon forth magma from the depths of the Earth. The Silver Surfer manages to turn the flow of lava back towards Dr. Doom but that small victory may be short lived with Abomination ready to leap into action. Hopefully Ironman is up to the task of containing the beast.

Last edited by Yodaking; January 20th, 2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old January 20th, 2010, 04:40 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Customs by Yodaking - Updated 1/20 - Marvel Playset

Brilliant work Yodaking, well converted. But why is there that bit of the sets base still there jutting out on the left side?

Cheers
Old January 20th, 2010, 06:48 PM

mojobang knows what's in an order marker mojobang knows what's in an order marker mojobang knows what's in an order marker

This really good stuff. I think this kind of idea (capitalizing on appropriately scaled found items) is really the way to go to produce some fine looking (really 'official-looking', shall we say?) pieces for heroscape.

Some details would really make it come alive. Paint, flock, adding some other little model stuff. I also might find a way to cut off the side piece if I were you. Very small hacksaw or plastic blade band saw (or a dremel if you have one), maybe? Sadly, it detracts a lot from the official look.

I know my ocd wouldn't let me be finished with that piece still hanging over the edge like that.

Otherwise, it is out of sight. A great build.
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Brilliant work Yodaking, well converted. But why is there that bit of the sets base still there jutting out on the left side?

Cheers
I think you are talking about the half hex. The terrain piece has a bit of a curb and sidewalk area that is raised up just a bit from the road area where the car is at. So the hexes around the car are all at one level and then the half hex is at the same level but then where the other half of the hex would be (right in front of the trash can) the side walk area is already that same height. So instead of having one full hex at a higher level then the rest of the board, I only included the half hex so it would be clear that you can place a figure there (same reason why their is the 'hex' on teh roof of the car, to make it clear that the car roof is an aceptable landing spot for a figure) but never drew the second half on the sidewalk (I may do that later). You can see I had to shape 2 of the hexes right by it (1 more so then the other) to fit around the established curb line. If you count up the hexes I added you will find 15 1/2, giving it 16 hexes in total of playable terrain. And the reason why that little side part is there at all is so that the entire front half of the airport can be placed right into the edge of a game board without leaving any open spaces. Hope that anwsers your question.

Last edited by Yodaking; January 20th, 2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Mojo, I am always on the look out for premade items I can easily convert into scape terrain. Some work out better then others. Mass produced premade items from some factory can turn out stuff cheaper and more detailed then I otherwise would be able to do on my own.

Last edited by Yodaking; January 25th, 2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:20 PM

Glen_Quagmire69 is surprisingly tart

LOL that cat looks like he wants to play LOL

I trade Magic: The Gathering cards for Heroscape Army Cards or just about any miniatures, just send me a pm. I also have some old Yu-Gi-Oh cards as well.
Old February 9th, 2010, 01:02 AM
C3G Landlord

I have finished another conversion. This one is a 15 hex playset that takes place in front of a hotel this time instead of an airport. I posted the before pics in the Marvel Terrain Ideas thread found here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=1#post1008265

In addition to making the wood frame and hexes, I made the plant in front. Thought that open area needed something since it was not going to be a useable hex area.

And here is a board I put together featuring both of the playsets.

Old February 9th, 2010, 02:17 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Customs by Yodaking - Updated 2/8 - Page 3

That is damn cool. Brilliant work, I'm only sorry it won't let me rep you again.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks man. I'm glad you like it.
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:01 PM

mojobang knows what's in an order marker mojobang knows what's in an order marker mojobang knows what's in an order marker

I was referring to the area on the roof, a ways back there, as being the 'extra little part'. The new one has some blank sections too, on the roof. I wonder if it would look better with partial sections of hex, maybe?

Still though, looks great as is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles