Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which Maps Are Best Competitively?
Thermal Shock 18 54.55%
Molten Grotto 7 21.21%
Road Through Central Park 0 0%
Dralli 27 81.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 18th, 2022, 03:14 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Marvelous Map Contest Round 1E

Here is Quarterfinal votes for the Marvelous Map Contest! With 28 entries, There are 6 (A-F) polls, 4 polls with 5 maps and 2 polls with 4 maps. The Top 2 from each Poll will move on to the Semifinal polls.

Please vote for the maps which look the best competitively, not aesthetically. And feel free to discuss how you believe the map would play. You are allowed to vote for multiple maps.

The first set of maps for Round 1D are:

Thermal Shock

Spoiler Alert!

Molten Grotto

Spoiler Alert!

Road Through Central Park

Spoiler Alert!

Dralli

Spoiler Alert!
Old October 18th, 2022, 12:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Marvelous Map Contest Round 1E

At first glance Thermal Shock seems to be the best of the bunch here. Interesting variation in height, lots of LoS blockers, highest points can't see the glyph... there is a decent Raelin perch right by the 6-hex glacier, but Raelin can't cover the glyph from there.

Molten Grotto doesn't do much for me. The lava placement doesn't seem right.

Road Through Central Park has a major "your side my side" high ground situation that I don't like.

Dralli has some real potential. Not sure if I think it is better than Thermal Shock or not.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 18th, 2022, 03:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Thermal Shock reminds me of my maps. I like it and I voted for it. I like the spacing between the obstacles and the height in the center and at the edges.

Molten Grotto looks pretty nice. A somewhat minor point is that I don't like seeing lava field give up height to non-lava field, which happens a few places on this map. I still voted for it in a somewhat close call.

Road Through Central Park is a pretty good start but I really wish the height interacted more with the road. As it is, it's either back from the road or away from the road at the edges. I also think the start zones are unclear.

I think Dralli looks really sweet. My one concern would be lateral movement across the central obstacle but it still got my vote.
Old October 19th, 2022, 10:23 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

FYI Poll is Ending Friday at 11 PM Central Time!
Old October 20th, 2022, 12:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
At first glance Thermal Shock seems to be the best of the bunch here. Interesting variation in height, lots of LoS blockers, highest points can't see the glyph... there is a decent Raelin perch right by the 6-hex glacier, but Raelin can't cover the glyph from there.

Molten Grotto doesn't do much for me. The lava placement doesn't seem right.

Road Through Central Park has a major "your side my side" high ground situation that I don't like.

Dralli has some real potential. Not sure if I think it is better than Thermal Shock or not.
I ended up voting for both Thermal Shock and Dralli, for the reasons listed.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 21st, 2022, 06:49 PM
The Road Not Taken

Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the feedback guys, first time trying to make 1v1 tournament maps!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games