Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 10th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Black Alice - Public Playtesting Phase

Here's some games for Alice. She did pretty solid in my games, though there were a lot of times when her teammates were taking the attacks while she pounded on the enemy, which helped. Also, in the second game, I forgot to roll for Borrowed Powers; most of the time it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but there was a time or two that if she had lost a marker it would have drastically altered the game.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Black Alice

Army Test
Map: Swamp Lab (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Black Alice, Catman, Scandal Savage, Deadshot, Bane, Ragdoll (1,000 points) VS Nightwing, Red Robin, Superboy (Kon-El), Starfire, Raven (1,000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Black Alice, Star-Lord, Meteorite, Robot (860 points) VS Yellow Lantern (Arkillo), Sinestro Corps Soldier x5 (860 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Black Alice, Enchantress, Gypsy, Atom (800 points) VS Hand Ninja x4, X-23, Lady Deathstrike (800 points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Black Alice fits in a nice range of armies due to her versatility. She can do a lot of damage, but focused fire will take her down fast, and a bad roll on Borrowed Powers can make her useless (at least temporarily). I can't see her cost coming down, I think 190 is her minimum; but I'm not certain if her costs needs to go up either.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Black Alice is a lot of fun. Deciding which markers to use and when adds a ton of strategy. Due to being primarily an offensive focused figure, she's really not annoying to face at all, and trying to predict how your opponent is going to use her can even be fun.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 10th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks, V! She's looking good so far.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 27th, 2015, 07:05 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Ronin's tests:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

Army Test
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Catman, Black Alice, Scandal Savage, Deadshot, Ragdoll, Bane (1000) vs Cyclops, Deadpool, Cable, Psylocke (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Black Alice, Star-Lord, Enchantress, Shocker, Lightspeed, Shadowcat (1200) vs Captain America (C3G), Luke Cage, Spider-Man (C3G), Iron Man IV, Swordsman, Oracle (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Black Alice plays like a bit of a glass cannon. She strikes me as a bit too unreliable to really be overpowered, but give her some stat-boosters and her attacks can get scary quickly. She's really not hard to beef up to 9+ attack dice. Fortunately, doing that kind of thing and also investing the points to keep her protected is a bit too pricey for most builds.

Fine-tuning her cost is bound to be a toughie, since she has a lot of room to be swingy. I could see her coming up to 200 or so, but I'm not swearing to that. She seems pretty close to me.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: No real thoughts on theme here, since I've read a grand total of 2 issues with Black Alice as a supporting character. She is a really fun design, though. Not the sort of unit I'm usually too eager to draft, since my d20 and I tend to be at cross-purposes, but she does have a really cool, distinctive feel. She draws a lot of attention to herself when she enters the fray.

Old March 27th, 2015, 07:09 PM

I'll wait for the tests from Smithy and HG, but I'm feeling comfortable with where she is now. She's 5 wins and 5 losses overall, 4-4 with Borrowed Powers failing at 4 and under, and 3-4 in Public testing.

Old March 30th, 2015, 05:49 PM

Heroscaper Guy's tests:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy

Army Test
Map: Mountain Spring
Units: Army 1: Black Alice, Red Hood, Catman, Bane, Scandal Savage, Iron Man (Mark 1) vs. Atrocitus, Star-Lord, Oracle, Deathstroke
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Mogo
Units: Black Alice, Martian Manhunter, Star-Lord, Iron Fist vs. Nightwing, Superboy, Armor, Raven, Red Arrow, Kid Flash
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Alice is balanced by the fact that she is a risk/reward unit, you have to think carefully about which power to use for the situation, and most likely she will lose some of her powers by game’s end. She is good in an outlaw army I would say, but also by herself, especially when the opponent whiffs on an important figure and she rolls well on attack. Her cost is pretty close I’d say.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Black Alice is interesting in that while she is varied due to her "borrowed powers" ability, she can lose one of them for the rest of the game with a bad roll (similar to Sir Hawthorne and The Hood, but slightly different). If you choose well with her abilities and don't roll badly, she can do well for you. Pick the wrong ability at the start of the round though and it could end up biting you in the butt severely. She works with the Outlaws well, along with Star-Lord I'd say (although everyone works with Starlord aside from Mutants not named Magneto or Wolverine)

Old March 30th, 2015, 05:54 PM

Re: The Book of Black Alice - Vote for Final Editing!

Couple losses, but I'm not sure the first army was one of her best, and the Titans are a tough matchup. She fared pretty well herself in the second game too.

Smtihy is still signed up, but I feel comfortable with 190 after the results we have already. I propose we move to Final Editing.

Old March 30th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old March 30th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yea

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 30th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Black Alice - Design Phase

yea to editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
BORROWED POWERS
Start the game with a white Magic Marker, a green Magic Marker, and a red Magic Marker. After rolling for initiative, you may place 1 one of your Magic Markers on this card and remove any other Magic Markers on from this card. After taking a turn with Black Alice, if there is a Magic Marker on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-4, remove that marker from the game.

POWER OF SHAZAM
While the white Magic Marker is on this card, Black Alice has the Flying and Super Strength special powers and adds 2 to her Move, Attack, and Defense numbers. At the end of the round, remove 1 one Wound Marker from this card.

POWER OF VENGEANCE
While the green Magic Marker is on this card, Black Alice adds 4 to her Attack number and if she is attacked by an adjacent figure and at least 1 one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, Black Alice takes no damage.

POWER OF HELLFIRE
While the red Magic Marker is on this card, Black Alice adds 4 to her Range number and 2 to her Attack number. When attacking a non-adjacent figure with Black Alice, you may choose up to 2 figures adjacent to the defending figure to also be affected by this attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figure. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 30th, 2015, 06:59 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old March 30th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea
Old April 1st, 2015, 07:19 PM

Re: The Book of Black Alice - Final Editing

This passes to Final Editing. SP updated with SirG's edits, so we should be set for art. Somebody want to kick this over to the Art Sanctum?

One other thing that never got resolved: the marker name. I'm still not sold on "Magic Marker". "Theft Marker", maybe? "Power Marker"? Any suggestions?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library