Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 16th, 2014, 12:13 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Did you see the picture of the cards? This is Heroscape, guys. http://s3.gatheringmagic.com.s3.amaz...rds1-small.jpg
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape spiritual successor?

Wow. The cards look identical, the board looks similar, the figures, the designers, everything. Count me in! And it's ripe for Scape-ifying if nothing else.
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It looks like it is. . . Hey @Jim , could you merge all three of these threads, please? Kthxbye.
All three threads discussing this same thing have been merged into this thread, so that may explain any repetitious postings and otherwise wonkier-than-usual things.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja View Post
Did you see the picture of the cards? This is Heroscape, guys. http://s3.gatheringmagic.com.s3.amaz...rds1-small.jpg

Except for the fact that the left box is gone and the "Squad" has 3 life. Everything else is 'Scape to a T.

@yamissflash check it out.
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Ug. The specter of "collectable" cards/figures just popped into my head. What if these are blind purchase, like Magic?

Also, in Magic don't you "summon" creatures into the game by playing a card. The Zombie card says "when this squad is summoned". That sounds like there are card elements that you play from a deck.

Apparently Creatures are squads and a Planeswalker is a hero. Anyone that plays Magic have any ideas about the classifications?
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:47 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The story of Magic is *you* are a Planeswalker and *you* summon all the monsters to fight for you. The named characters (Like Jace and Liliana) are also Planeswalkers.

Think of them as NPCs in a roleplaying sense. You are the PC Planeswalker and they are the NPC Planeswalker. So, when Liliana "summons" zombies, that is just a game term for putting the zombie card on the battlefield.

How this is going to incorperate into Magic-Scape, I am not sure, but that is flavor behind Planeswalkers and summons.

And PS: Yes, like Chandra's Phoenix... I too have risen from the ash! WinonaVampire is back!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There will be only 5 painted figures... (one hero for each Magic faction).

Also the gameplay is not exactly the same:
-No oder markers (cf board)
-Squads figures do not start on the battlefields and have to be summoned (cf Board picture and Zombies card)
- Each players have "spells" cards in their hand that they can use (cf board picture and Zombies card). I guess there is summoning cards in order to summon the squads.

Also I think you can't mix up factions for some reasons:
-each faction is exactly composed of one hero and 2 squads of 3 members
-Zombies are insanely good for 40 points whereas Lilian insanely bad for 250
Or maybe the heroes are purposely bad for their cost I don't know..

Old October 16th, 2014, 12:54 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I did this years ago for fun. Check out her Syphon Soul ability

It is almost like I knew something

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old October 16th, 2014, 12:56 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
-No oder markers . . .
Uh oh! Now how will be able to hold the stinkers accountable?
Old October 16th, 2014, 01:01 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm betting the squad figures will get painted eventually too. Heroscape started out all black models after all. The description says that these are not blind buying and that you will know what you get. Can't say the same if they despise to do expansions rhough
Old October 16th, 2014, 01:33 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Welcome back, WV!

Will we be playing this as is, or converting it to Scape? (Need I ask?)
Old October 16th, 2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Welcome back, WV!

Will we be playing this as is, or converting it to Scape? (Need I ask?)
I suspect the answer is yes

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion