Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 30th, 2012, 04:51 PM

dafe31 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Elaria the Pale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post

The question you really want answered is, which of those would trigger an Engagement Strike if we were talking about being next to a Nakita (or Arkmer, or the GIE). Whatever that answer is, the answer is the same for Elaria. Of those, Throw, Knockback, Carry, Evlen Summoning, Chain Grab, Talon Grab, and Pounce (plus Spear of Summoning and Glacier Traverse, to name the two that immediately spring to mind that you forgot) are definite yeses. The others, I confess that I'm not 100% sure on. Zombies Rise Again I'm pretty sure is a no: there's no movement involved, either thematically or mechanically (the power says "replace," which is neither "move" nor "place"). Which just leaves us with the cases where figures come from off the board: Cell Divide, Water Clone, and Summon Rechets (and the ones I can think of that you forgot from that group: the Drop, Summon Elemental, and Marro Rebirth). I'm pretty sure that since they all use the "place" wording, they're all yeses, mechanically, even though thematically that seems a bit weird.
Okay, so are we using "moving into engagement" as the trigger for Slippery 6? If there is a figure that is already engaged with Elaria that moves around Elaria to gain high ground, that would not trigger Slippery 6? The way that I read the card, that figure is ending its movement adjacent to Elaria, and therefore, she should get a chance to evade. But in the case of Engagement Strike, that would not trigger ES. I'm still a bit foggy on whether previously engaged figures can trigger Slippery 6.

DAFE31

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs