Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 15th, 2017, 01:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon - 2017 ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Are any of the events allowing SoV or C3V customs? I saw in the descriptions that Marvel is not allowed. I am assuming that they are not, so that people who are not familiar with them will not be caught off guard by new figures.
Correct, no C3V/SoV allowed for the majority of the events, nor have they ever been. The only ones that mention "Customs welcome" are the "Custom Matches" events at 9pm on Thursday and Friday. These are player-run events, but we don't have the details on those yet. But dok did just mention earlier in this thread that he's doing some kind reverse draft for Thursday.
Last year I made the Thursday night event classic-only. @MegaSilver ran an event that was C3V/SoV legal Friday night, though.
Old May 15th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Good-looking set of events, fellas. I'm also pleased to see posts from my Indianapolis buddies here, like @vminer and @Deroche , who don't post much elsewhere. I am not 100% going this year, but probably. I definitely have the itch.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 15th, 2017, 04:42 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
OK gang, I am in charge of the dice again this year and we don't really have a design in mind. I thought I would open it up and see if anyone had some design ideas. Also this is the 50th anniversary of Gencon so we might be inclined to incorporate that as well.
How about a Gencon 50 on the blank side of six-sided dice, but I am not sure of copyrights/trademark of both the Gencon Logo as well as Heroscape Skull/Shield, but I know we have had our own non-trademarked skull/shield before. Alternative is go all out and have a sweet D20 with maybe Aquilla or Valkrill colors. If it was non Gencon-specific, I'd go in on them and use for Origins (I'd need them in a month so maybe that's too soon)

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 15th, 2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old May 15th, 2017, 06:37 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

This will be my first Gencon. So excited to go, and rekindle my Heroscape juices. Anyone else have questions? Like the team event, which states 800 pts (shared) but only 12 hexes? I hope that's each!

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old May 15th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Damn, old timer, you've never been?

That question has already been answered: It's a *combined* 12 hexes. Plan accordingly.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 15th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I don't know who all is in charge of selecting the maps for GenCon each year...but I'd like to offer up the ARV Tournament Archive as a place for them to look for some good map selection and would be worth consideration. Of particular note I would say: Savage Corridor, Desecrated Mine and From the Ashes are some of my favorites.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 16th, 2017, 01:20 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Not Committing Just Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Are any of the events allowing SoV or C3V customs? I saw in the descriptions that Marvel is not allowed. I am assuming that they are not, so that people who are not familiar with them will not be caught off guard by new figures.
Correct, no C3V/SoV allowed for the majority of the events, nor have they ever been. The only ones that mention "Customs welcome" are the "Custom Matches" events at 9pm on Thursday and Friday. These are player-run events, but we don't have the details on those yet. But dok did just mention earlier in this thread that he's doing some kind reverse draft for Thursday.
Last year I made the Thursday night event classic-only. @MegaSilver ran an event that was C3V/SoV legal Friday night, though.
I might be able to be convinced (suckered?) into running something that second night. I am still working out exactly what sort of Scape schedule I'll likely be doing.

~Dysole, who is remembering how mentally exhausted she was after main event the last two years
Old May 16th, 2017, 12:34 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

When playing with armies at GenCon are partial squads allowed? For example I have 19 figures for the main event but sit 1 to meet the 18 figure requirement.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 16th, 2017, 01:26 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
When playing with armies at GenCon are partial squads allowed? For example I have 19 figures for the main event but sit 1 to meet the 18 figure requirement.
You can sit figures. You can actually choose which figure(s) to sit based on your matchup each round.
Old May 16th, 2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
You can sit figures. You can actually choose which figure(s) to sit based on your matchup each round.
Oh okay! Good to know, thanks!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 18th, 2017, 05:15 PM

Carr's Ponytail is surprisingly tart
Question Re: GenCon - 2017 ideas

So this isnt so much an idea as a question. I will be attending and want to register for the Thursday Flex Tourny. I have a game before that will get out at noon. In the description it says come and go as you please. If I am not there right at the start will I still be allowed to play?
Old May 18th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

As I understand it from last year, you can jump in or leave at any point.
You may just have to wait for the next game to start if you show late.

And welcome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con