Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 4th, 2019, 02:14 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shurrig's Maps: 2/22/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Love for the idea of the star map! I'm a big fan of split start zones, and really like what that does for a 3-player game!

Personally, while start zone bombs are probably going to be pretty likely for a lot of 3-player maps, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The great thing about 3-player games is that table politics come into play, and if one player opens up start zone bombing the other two, they're probably going to gang up on him and get some revenge. :devil: The one might have a good first couple of turns, but that will turn south pretty quickly.

Not that things like start zone bombs shouldn't be taken into consideration and minimized as much as possible, but it is interesting how table politics can balance out a game....

I'll try to take a closer look and get more in-depth feedback your way soon.
Table politics were something I was thinking of when making this map for sure. Since the start zones are so close to each other I figured everything would be crazy right out the gate, and I've thought of implementing special rules of some sort to maybe hedge this, but it may not be that big of a problem. I'm hoping to get a game in tomorrow on this map so we'll see how that goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Love the star map! It looks like a wonderful three player map, but it looks like it could also make a wonderful two player map. With its design, if you had a player starting in every other start zone, it could still be symmetrical for the two players. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a two-player map with that line of symmetry. That would certainly be really cool!
I had a lot of fun trying make this map very versatile for player count! I really like using SotM for all the 7-hex tiles it comes with since it's such a flexible build tool, so it means a lot that you, the hex-shaped map legend, recognizes that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'm totally digging this one. Possibilities for 1v1, 3 player free for all, and easily a 2v2 format on this, not to mention a 6 player for smaller armies. Nicely done. So far I'm seeing some really sweet maps pop up for this one.
Yeah, there are a lot of really cool three player maps showing up for this competition, which makes me super excited for what this contest has to offer. I think, with a competition like this, people will have a lot of fun coming up with very different but fresh designs to the mapmaking scene.

Thanks for the feedback guys!! I wanted to reply earlier but I was away from the computer for a bit, but I'm here now. I really like the star map a lot too, I'm proud with how it looks so far, but I think I need to make a couple more changes before I'm totally happy with it. In regards to the other map I've posted, I've already made some significant changes that will use the road more efficiently, and I'm really liking how that's looking now too.
Old March 9th, 2019, 03:52 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shurrig's Maps: 4 New Maps 3/9/19

3 new maps today! Plus my 3-player map I've made for the ARV contest that's going on right now, here's Marauder's Drift, Salamander, and Sunken Fortress of Lur!

Last edited by Shurrig; March 12th, 2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old March 10th, 2019, 04:14 PM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: 4 New Maps 3/9/19

Just posted Sullen Garden in the OP as well as updated the map Druid. Currently in the process of once more cleaning up and streamlining this thread, so if you're following this thread expect to see some updated versions of my maps.
Old March 16th, 2019, 11:21 AM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: New Map 3/16/19

New map today, but I also updated Cold Stones while working on this one. Here's Sentinel!

Old March 16th, 2019, 11:46 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Oooo, me likey! Also, is the Brandar glyph a random power glyph or a treasure glyph? Cause I think it would be better suited as a Random power glyph to draw attention to both sides of the map.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 16th, 2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Oooo, me likey! Also, is the Brandar glyph a random power glyph or a treasure glyph? Cause I think it would be better suited as a Random power glyph to draw attention to both sides of the map.
I had originally put Valda down there, but I felt like it was too strong so I put a treasure glyph down there instead... but maybe unique attack? That side of the map has quite a bit of height so there is still incentive to go over there, any ideas though?
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:34 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

That height is easily accessible to contest from either side. I think unique +1 or Lodin would be fine

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:47 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the look of this newest one too! Great work!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 16th, 2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
That height is easily accessible to contest from either side. I think unique +1 or Lodin would be fine
Okay, I'll make a quick fix to that and have the new version up tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
I like the look of this newest one too! Great work!
Thanks a lot Flash!
Old March 16th, 2019, 06:20 PM

Just updated Sentinel!
Old March 23rd, 2019, 08:23 PM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: New Map 3/23/19

Here's a new map! I've been having fun making laterally symmetrical maps as of recent, check out Grindstone!

Old March 24th, 2019, 02:04 PM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: New Map 3/23/19

I like it. At first glance very well done!

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios