Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Hello to Everyone!

Surprise, surprise, guess who who stopped by unexpectedly?

It's been just over 6 months since I've been active around here, and I've recently received some PM's and emails asking how I was doing and what was going on, so I figured I drop in for a minute and give an update. I've briefly spoken to a few you over the course of the last 6 months, but not nearly enough and not nearly enough of you!

Basically, what's been going on is that my niece and nephew, ages 13 and 11, moved in with my wife and I, as well as our 2 kids. So we went from having 2 kids to 4 kids overnight. The reason for this move is because their parents were going through a difficult divorce and they had to get out of their house because their father posed a danger to them. I don't want to publicly get into all the particulars about what their father did, but suffice it to say that it wasn't safe physically, mentally, or emotionally for them to remain in that house. The transition, for everyone, has been difficult, which is understandable given the circumstances. And dealing with all of that has taken a lot (i.e. "all") of my free time. My niece and nephew were going through a lot of emotional issues which necessities long discussions fairly often.

But now things are starting to improve. Everyone is getting into the groove of our new situation, and the kids are healthier, happier, and more adjusted. So things are looking up! I'm slowly starting to get a little more of my free time back. With that time I've been working on a couple of projects. One is a fundraiser for my niece and nephew, so they can get new bikes. You can read more about that here, and if you feel like spreading the word so we can meet our goal it would, of course, be greatly appreciated!

On a more relevant front, I also recently started a blog about board games. My most recent post is all about Heroscape and why it is, and always will be, my favorite game. You can check that out here. Some of you are mentioned in there.

I still don't think I have enough free time just yet to return in full-force to this site, but I want you guys to know I miss it, and all of you, dearly. I still plan on coming back, but it isn't quite the time yet. But soon, hopefully soon! What I will do, though, is to try and stop by more frequently just to see what's going on and to chat.

And if anyone is ever interested in contacting me via Skype, IM, Google Chat, email, Facebook, or whatever else, just drop me a PM and I can send you my info.
Old October 19th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Hello to Everyone!

Words are insufficient to describe what you are doing for your family. May God bless you, your wife, your kids, and your niece and nephew!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 19th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Kudos to you for taking the big commitment and responsibility, it takes a strong and loving person to do so. Sorry its been such a big struggle for the kids. On the bright side, you have two more players for games. Always have to look for the silver lining!

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 19th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Glad to hear you and your family are doing well. Hopefully you continue to get more free time and can return to the boards full force soon.
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

You're doing the right thing my friend. A generous sacrafice of time, energy and support from you and yours can only have a positive impact on the lives of those children in need of some focusing care. I applaud you, your wife, your children, and your brave niece and nephew for coming together.

I hope you hit the goal soon, buddy. We miss you, but will gladly continue to wait until you deem comfortable with your available time.
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:35 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

We've obviously missed you, GreyOwl. Return when you can.
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks everyone, it means a lot to hear all the support. Believe it or not, not everyone in our families is supportive of the idea and that can be stressful. Part of the reason they don't like it is because, even though I call them my "niece" and "nephew", they're not actually blood relatives. They're just very close friends of the family that we've grown to love as our own kids.

I tried to +rep you guys for the positive comments, but it says I have to spread some rep around first. Sheesh, you'd think after a 6 month hiatus it would let me.
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:47 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Its good to hear from you GO. That is a huge commitment and I commend you on your decision. God bless you and your family...and your "family" at Scapers will be here when you can return.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Howdy GO,
I know you won't remember me cause I wasn't on Scapers till after you went on hiatus. Just wanted to say thanks for all the good work you have done on this site.

I hope everything works out for you and your new extended family. It takes a lot to open you heart and your home to people, especialy young children. I'm sure it hasn't been easy on you or your family. May God Bless you and yours.

C3G team building links.
Old October 19th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Thank goodness you are fine! I am glad you are taking on the task of caring for these children. I look forward to when you can return, of course!

Old October 20th, 2011, 12:15 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey GO, good to see you stop in. Glad to hear things are looking up for you. Wish you the best.
Old October 20th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

GO, someone close to me made the same decision you did and took in another mouth to feed.

They took him in as a lost soul, and in just a short time transformed him for the better, just by setting good examples.

It's an extraordinary thing they did, and an extraordinary thing you are doing.

Thank you for sharing.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations