Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 3rd, 2019, 07:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Interview questions for how C3V and SoV work in sanctum

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 3rd, 2019, 08:40 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old October 3rd, 2019, 09:34 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Might be time to take a vacation from the site, LO. The over the top negativity can't be good for you.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 3rd, 2019, 09:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey now.

I have no problem with LO's questions, and as I understand it, they're for me. Please leave her be, and let her ask her questions.

Please.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 3rd, 2019, 10:09 PM

I'm not going to ban her over it or anything. But her word choice is unnecessarily strong and this response from me doesn't come in a vacuum, nor is it an isolated incident. Not even isolated within C3V feedback or the classic customs community.

The second word in custom community is community. Let's please all endeavor to keep that in mind and try to be positive, uplifting community members.

I'm not saying her questions weren't worth asking - but they were and are worth asking in a better way.

Last edited by IAmBatman; October 3rd, 2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2019, 10:26 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Understood, Bats.

= =
Old October 3rd, 2019, 11:30 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Following this thread.
Old October 4th, 2019, 04:30 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm not going to ban her over it or anything. But her word choice is unnecessarily strong and this response from me doesn't come in a vacuum, nor is it an isolated incident. Not even isolated within C3V feedback or the classic customs community.

The second word in custom community is community. Let's please all endeavor to keep that in mind and try to be positive, uplifting community members.
None of my word choices were particularly strong - they were the words required to ask the questions I wanted to ask. If it comes across as critical of VC, that's the point - I am.

I have apologised any time I've felt I've overstepped the mark in C3G. Once again, if you want me to resign, say so, but I really am trying to do better - I just sometimes see things less clearly than I should. (@IAmBatman , if you want me to explain my situation with regard to that, PM me, just please don't ban me before allowing me to explain.) Here? There is a degree of negativity, yes, which, in VC's case, I have explained and consistently held for years. I do feel as though VC, in its current state, is an elitist group that is holding the Classic community back. Ignore me, listen to me or convince me, but those are my genuine feelings on the situation.

It's difficult to be a positive community member when you see something as a massive, negative influence on said community and anything you dare say against it is treated as tantamount to heresy.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 4th, 2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old October 4th, 2019, 08:45 AM

The C3G conversation is better left in C3G.

Since DS has no problems with your word choices and since the questions (and apparently criticisms) were invited as part of this thread, then no matter how much I dislike how it’s being asked, it’s really none of my business. I’m happy to stay out of it.

On a personal level, as someone who considers you a friend, I wish I saw half the energy coming from you to uplift those around you and the community at large as I see you devoting to negative criticism and justice-seeking agendas.

As the famed philosopher Daniel Tiger says, “sorry is the first step, then ‘how can I help?’”

Old October 4th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
VC's always, to me, had a tendency towards the elitist, the insular and the cliquey. Is anything being done to address this?
Are you talking about C3V or SoV?

Quote:
What were the circumstances leading up to qt.bangerang's resignation and his accusations towards capsocrates? Can we see for ourselves the degree to which they were valid? Was qt.bangerang banned to protect VC's interests?
qt's anger swelled when caps was against adding a ninja leader (Kantono Daishi) while a monk leader (Master Lao Xin) was in the works behind the C3V curtain without all the pushback. Not that caps was the only one against a ninja leader, but he championed that viewpoint. I think qt also felt that Lao Xin ripped off one of his customs (or maybe it was a different one in Brainstorming.. I don't remember all the details, in part because qt wasn't very clear about it). That sort of thing happens from time to time; for example when the Red Ants were submitted (as Xualtiaca Fire Ants) I was accused of doing the same. Sometimes in the customs world it's like claiming one person's apple pie is too much like someone else's apple pie.

The real problem wasn't actually a fight between qt and caps. Heck, various VC members fight like cats and dogs behind the scenes sometimes. (I'm still feeling the sting from the latest "its" controversy.) That's just how group projects go when the people are passionate. The real problem with qt was that he didn't try to resolve it privately, but instead brought it public with vicious accusations and personal attacks. That sort of thing gets a person banned, regardless of community standing. VC had no direct part of the banning other than some VC members also being Admins. Taking some units out of the designed secrecy of C3V development and posting them publicly in an attempt to damage C3V was taken into consideration as part of his ban, I think, though I'm not an admin so I don't know their full decision process.

Quote:
Is VC's current almost exclusive grip on the Classic Customs community, and the tendency for most of the Classic Customs forum to be devoted almost exclusively towards aiming for a SoV induction, intentional or undesired? Is there anything being done to address this?
Definitely undesired. SoV is a gold standard of sorts; that's what it's designed to be. I question your "tight grip" accusation though. My interest in the customs community has waned, but when I do get on I see plenty of people posting personal customs. Obviously it's the ones aiming for SoV approval that get chatter, which makes sense since they're aiming for a form of public acceptance. But that appears to be the minority of customs posted. If instead you are judging based on the amount of commenting going on for other people's not-for-SoV customs, well, that's always been weak. It was years before I got much attention in my own thread, and that was in the customs heyday and I was commenting on others' work regularly. That's just how the community is and always has been.
Old October 4th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Heck, various VC members fight like cats and dogs behind the scenes sometimes. (I'm still feeling the sting from the latest "its" controversy.)

= =
Old October 4th, 2019, 11:07 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
VC's always, to me, had a tendency towards the elitist, the insular and the cliquey. Is anything being done to address this?
Are you talking about C3V or SoV?
I'm talking about both - I said VC for a reason.
And I thought these questions were for the article?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs