Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 16th, 2022, 07:29 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Reed Richards (Visionary)

The Book of Reed Richards (Visionary)

C3G PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 37
BIG RESPONSIBILITIES

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel: Fantastic Four set.
It's model number and name are #066/Reed Richards, Fixer of Universes.

Character Bio - The smartest man alive. Though he is best known as the leader of the Fantastic Four, sometimes problems are better solved quietly, and without the involvement of his family. Reed Richards' inventiveness has allowed himself and the Illuminati to manage several Multiversal Threats at the same time, securing safety for a world in constant peril.

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by toyhandle; February 16th, 2023 at 06:39 PM.
Old August 16th, 2022, 07:32 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Mister Fantastic (Visionary) - Design

NAME = REED RICHARDS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VISIONARY
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 200

VISIONARY THEORETICIAN
Start the game with 4 Invention Equipment Glyphs of different types in a Glyph Pool, power-side up. If you win initiative, you may choose a glyph from Reed Richard's Glyph Pool and place it onto the card of a Visionary you control, or onto the card of an adjacent friendly Unique Hero. When a figure within 9 clear sight spaces of Reed would lose that glyph, you may instead place that glyph on this card.

ELONGATION
Before moving Reed Richards normally, you may subtract up to 8 from his Move number to add that to his Range number for this turn. If you subtract at least 4, he also gains the Flying special power during that movement. Reed never takes any leaving engagement attacks and may attack non-adjacent figures while engaged.

CONTINGENCY PLAN
While Reed Richards is in play, when an Army Card you control has all of its figures destroyed, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by toyhandle; October 26th, 2022 at 12:12 AM.
Old August 16th, 2022, 07:40 PM
Casing the Corners

Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini photos:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by toyhandle; August 19th, 2022 at 10:31 PM.
Old August 16th, 2022, 08:00 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

The red suit might be fun to mark this as a special Reed.
Old August 16th, 2022, 08:08 PM
Casing the Corners

Tinkered with this a bit after voting began.

First thing, I've been thinking about dropping Mister Fantastic in favor of just Reed Richards. Doesn't seem like Mister Fantastic gets used around these books. The Illuminati character pages just list him as Reed Richards, and when another Reed introduces himself to our Reed, he states that he prefers Reed to Dr. Richards, implying that is a trait common to all Reeds.

Also, I would like to replace Contingency Plan for this:
Quote:
FANTASTIC CONTINGENCY
When you lose initiative, you may immediately rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on cards in your army. When an Army Card you control has all of its figures destroyed, before removing its last figure from the battlefield, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from that card and place them on any other card you control.
I'm not the biggest fan of the OG Contingency Plan, because it doesn't work when the figure with the Contingency power is destroyed. This would put him up there with other Big Brains like Batman and Lex, with their own Contingency powers.

Most importantly, it has the flavor of the smartest man alive coming up with a new idea when things don't go as planned.
In my experience playing Illuminati builds, OM placement tends to all go on the most durable character, like Doctor Strange, Doctor Doom or Doctor Hank Pym, with the hope of winning initiative, so the real flexibility comes in from Black Panther's Visionary bonding.
This would give some variety to the playstyle of the faction, and probably make them a little less dependent on Black Panther.
Old August 16th, 2022, 08:10 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
The red suit might be fun to mark this as a special Reed.
I think you should use the one with the beard as a nod to MoM.
Old August 16th, 2022, 08:38 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m gonna go ahead and day that, after some more thought, I don’t think I’m in favor of Fantastic Contingency.

The whole macro theme of the Illuminati stuff (and Hickman’s F4 too) is these smart men getting too arrogant and overstepping themselves. That’s represented in the mechanics through having them really push for the initiative win, and getting punished hard when they fail.

I think giving Reed (the first or second most important member, probably) a mechanic that bypasses that feels a bit like it’s working against the theme of the faction as a whole. Getting caught off-guard when things go wrong feels correct for these characters - they push so hard in one direction (winning initiative) that when they fail, they stumble a bit.)

I actually think I’d prefer if the Contingency somehow allowed him to boost the next initiative roll instead of rearranging OMs. We’ve based this faction on winning initiative, but it really only has 3 ways to do that - Iron Man, who is pretty solid; Beast, who is very matchup dependent; and Strange, who is pretty swingy. I feel like giving them one more would help cinch that theme while also letting you vary your army builds a bit.

(This may all be a bit hypocritical when I’m planning to give Namor a “when you lose initiative” power, but I’d argue Namor has a lot more thematic claim to that kind of powwr than Reed does, as the one who butts heads with the other members constantly.)
Old August 16th, 2022, 10:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Truly a visionary design!

(real comments in a bit )

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 16th, 2022, 10:17 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I do worry a bit that the glyph thing will feel really swingy. Seems like a ton of pulling glyphs on and off of cards? What is the theme of them going from invented to uninvented? I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have one in the pool removed from the game when you lose initiative, rather than all going back to the pool? Then there's less toggling of hardware and less swing in terms of what's active on the battlefield.

I like the mechanics for Fantastic Contingency, but if the theme isn't hitting, I'm cool with Nobody's idea as well. I do worry that too many initiative boosts might make initiative feel *too* automatic, and just soup up the faction too much, so one to watch. I'd want the initiative boost to be somewhat light.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2022, 12:21 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm assuming the idea is the inventions are whipped up on the fly, but as a result aren't perfected enough for anything but a few uses before no longer working. If so, then I'd have the inventions removed from the game at the end of the round instead of returning to the glyph pool. I also like Bat's idea of removing one invention from the glyph pool when losing initiative. Combined with Nobody's theme notes on the faction, that seems like a good fit.
Old August 17th, 2022, 12:40 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

FYI when you get into things that do free OM rearrangement you start pushing towards weird builds with Ozy and Brainy and such. OG Commander Rodgers nightmare stuff. Only doing it on initiative loss would probably be ok though, current Rodger is probably better than that.

Elongation giving flying after you subtract enough move is a bit hard to parse for me? Like totally get it equals big ol' stretchy legs and not actual flying as per standard... but like is not that also what the 8 move is? And subtracting is going into big ol' strechy arms that go places he is not? IDK feels a bit opposite or unconnected.

That feels to me more like a separate toggle. Like idk, you did a power more like this (with a base move of 2 or something):

Mister Fantastic never takes any leaving engagement attacks and may attack non-adjacent figures even while he is engaged. Before moving Mister Fantastic normally, you may do one of the following four times, you may pick the same or a different option each time:
-Add 2 to his Move number for this turn
-Add 2 to his Range number for this turn
-Mister Fantastic gains the Flying special power for the rest of this turn
-Maybe a forth thing.

But in general I find a lot of C3G shapeshifter powers thematically janky so take that with a grain of salt.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 17th, 2022, 09:12 AM

I was going to say about the flying bit that having no upwards limit strikes me as off thematically ....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library