Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 11th, 2019, 05:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch-vile's customs: my first repaint!

Definitely a good first repaint.

I agree about a wash, it's quite easy to do and it makes figures pop that extra bit.
Old April 11th, 2019, 08:52 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the feedback and advice! I will give a wash a try. This is a lot more fun and less frustrating than I thought. I never liked art class as a kid.
Old April 11th, 2019, 09:38 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Thanks for the feedback and advice! I will give a wash a try. This is a lot more fun and less frustrating than I thought. I never liked art class as a kid.
A proper wash will do wonders for even a mediocre paintjob. I've found that priming the mini in its primary color followed with block painting and a nice wash will get tabletop quality in no time. I"m currently painting 2 core sets of legion with 9 add on boxes of troopers and commanders. Its going fairly quick. Especially with the pain in the neck white troopers.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 27th, 2019, 03:09 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch-vile's customs

Here's my take on Gollum. I took inspiration from many of the other Gollum designs out there (by TREX, Grishnakh, etc.).
Old April 29th, 2019, 04:56 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

What movie is this version of Gollum is from.
Old April 29th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
What movie is this version of Gollum is from.
It's designed to be Gollum during the LOTR trilogy. I didn't have a specific movie in mind.
Old April 29th, 2019, 06:29 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hah! I love the themed abilities.
Old May 19th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Archie

I finally got some good Zombie proxies, by painting a bunch of the Zombies!!! game miniatures. It seemed to be the cheapest way to get a swarm of zombies ($15 for 100 of them). I had fun with some scissors to add some variety to the horde by chopping off limbs here and there. With 24 Zombies I should have enough for any situation that needs them.

Since I had to make a new card anyway, I changed a couple things that were a little off for the Zombies of Morindan. They can now use Zombie Onslaught when on different elevations, and they follow Valkrill.
Old May 19th, 2019, 11:57 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Nice slight revamp of the zombies! $15 for 100 sounds really good.
Old May 25th, 2019, 06:27 PM
Archie

Here's my attempt at an Aquilla flagbearer. I felt the simple options for an Aquilla aura were disengage or a d20 boost. I went with a d20 boost (plus initiative boost) since Disengage was less exciting. Deadly Shot just adds some flair.

I also did some painting yesterday. I was searching my FLGS for some minis to paint, and I came across a treant set. These 3 will work well as proxies for C3G's Groot, Baby Groot, and Swamp Thing. I gave dry-brushing a try here for the lighter highlights on the minis and it worked surprisingly well. Painting is not as difficult as it initially seems!
Old May 25th, 2019, 07:15 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Lagartha seems cool AV.

I like adding another ranged unit to the flagbearer set, and Deadly Shot helps differentiate him from Laglor’s Special Attacking shenanigans. The d20 bonus is really useful too. At first blush, I would swap Valiant out because of the 4th Mass, but then I remember that the initiative bonus isn’t worth 70 points here for 4th Mass builds anyway. I think the only change I would make is bumping his move to 5. That alone shouldn’t require a price bump.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 25th, 2019, 07:28 PM

What is that figure? Looks like a lego minifig.

Also, what was the name of the treants?

Dry brushing can work miracles. If you’re a painting novice like myself, do yourself a favor and get some games workshop “nuln oil” black wash. It’s skill in a bottle.

Edit: on these guys you might want the brown wash, which is agrax earthshade. I’ll swear by both of them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards