Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old August 10th, 2015, 11:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: VirtualScape 1.070 available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz View Post
Thanks for these informations.
The problems is that your video card doesn't support some opengl extension used to create shadowing. I have not an Intel HD Graphics so I can't help you. One solution is to change your graphic card (need some money, I know).
Sorry to said that I have not better solution.
Do you know what the libraries are that are missing?

FWIW, both awesomeunleashed and myself have this same problem. It seems like many relatively recent video cards don't natively support the shading.
Old August 11th, 2015, 10:53 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
The problems is that your video card doesn't support some opengl extension used to create shadowing. I have not an Intel HD Graphics so I can't help you. One solution is to change your graphic card (need some money, I know).

FWIW, both awesomeunleashed and myself have this same problem. It seems like many relatively recent video cards don't natively support the shading.
I don't think it is a problem of missing library, but of OpenGL version your graphical card driver support.

You probably did that already, but did you try to update your graphical card driver ?
Old August 23rd, 2015, 10:19 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Someone already tested Virtualscape on Windows 10 ?

With windows 8.1 I already has some little trouble and had to change the configuration of NVidia... so I fears a little with windows 10... ^^

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old August 29th, 2015, 08:20 AM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Someone already tested Virtualscape on Windows 10 ?

With windows 8.1 I already has some little trouble and had to change the configuration of NVidia... so I fears a little with windows 10... ^^
It works for me, though I didn't have any trouble with Windows 8.1 either...
And the shadow feature in 3d-mode has never worked for me since the beginning.

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!
Old November 4th, 2015, 04:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I just tried VS on my Windows 10 computer for the first time, and the high-quality button doesn't work at all. It makes the whole map image go black. Any thoughts on this?
Old November 4th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

your OpenGL drivers are not supported in Win10.
Get the latest Win10 compatible drivers for your video card.
Old November 4th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I have the same issue. I had to launch VS with my dedicated graphic card (NVIDIA GTX850M), and then it worked.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old September 11th, 2016, 10:14 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:

I don't think it is a problem of missing library, but of OpenGL version your graphical card driver support.

You probably did that already, but did you try to update your graphical card driver ?
I'm having the same issue as well. My drivers are up to date. I do notice that under driver file details that OpenCL has an entry or two but not OpenGL. Are they the same thing?
(My first time using VS on new machine, win10)

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 20th, 2016, 07:47 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

I've been playing over on the 3D Terrain STL Files thread with OpenSCAD and my new 3D printer, and I've created a tool that allows people to generate their own custom tile models to print. Unfortunately, this also allows them to create tiles that can't be added to the 'Personal Tiles' list in Virtualscape, and would have to be footed out as other tiles or combinations of tiles.

The 'personal tiles' function in Virtualscape allows you to add your custom tiles to the library, defining their top and side images and map color. However, the tiles you can select for this are the stock tile types -- 1, 2, 3, 7, and 24 hexes. My tool allows you to generate, either as full-height (ground) or half-height (water/ice/lava) tiles, a single hex, a row of 2-5 hexes, a triangle of 3 hexes, a diamond of 4 hexes, a 2x3 block of hexes (like the glacier base), or a 7-hex circle, using a user-supplied heightmap for the texture of ground tile faces (at the 'tool' link above, click on 'Open in Customizer' to go to the customization page).

Some of them can be faked up on a map with combinations of the stock tiles -- the 2x3 can be represented by two 3-hex triangles -- but there's no ability to add personal 'water' tiles.

I don't know how many people are going to be using the custom-tile tool to make the odd-sized tiles, though, so I don't know whether it's going to be worthwhile to add the option for those tile types. While there are 3D printing services all over, owning your own 3D printer is still fairly rare, and production speed makes it unlikely that people will acquire large libraries of custom tiles.

I also created a 3D model for waterfall tiles to remedy a gap that I'd seen people come up with different solutions for, but that's going to be more complicated to do, because it can't use the existing tile geometry and needs to have a texture for the waterfall face.
Old December 6th, 2016, 04:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Anybody have any help on why VirtualScape turns everything black (except start zone dots) when I try to render a high quality image?

I'm running Windows 10, a new machine I got a couple weeks ago.
Old December 6th, 2016, 05:12 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Anybody have any help on why VirtualScape turns everything black (except start zone dots) when I try to render a high quality image?

Probably a Windows 10 opengl driver issue.

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 6th, 2016, 05:21 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Probably a Windows 10 opengl driver issue.

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?
I'm not sure how to do that, so no.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software