Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old March 19th, 2010, 10:29 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of The Sewer Entrance

The Book of The Sewer Entrance Map

A C3G Casual Map

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie™ Master Set, Marvel the Conflict Begins™ Master Set, Fortress of the Archkyrie™, Road through the Forgotten Forest™

Sewer Entrance Bio - A derelict building lays abandoned on an empty street. Vacated by the rats long ago, it speaks not a sound. In the sounds of whispers that echo below it's floor it has a secret to tell.

Who or what have made the sewers below their home? And what lies beyond that door?
-Rulings and Clarifications-

OPTIONAL SPECIAL RULES
Quote:
SPLASH OF FOOTSTEPS
Figures may move through water spaces on the sewer level without stopping.
A defending figure adds 1 die to their defense if the attacking figure moved through a water space on the sewer level that turn.
Quote:
LOW CEILING
Figures with the Flying or Leap special powers may not pass over other figures whilst in the sewer level unless they have the Stealth Flying or Stealth Leap special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • TBA

Last edited by IAmBatman; September 16th, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Map in progress- Sewer Entrance

I like the idea of this. I'm tempted to add some sewerage below City Streets, now!

This also inspires me to custom make Lizard...

Last edited by Taeblewalker; March 19th, 2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
For my next offering I did give away a slight hint earlier about it's make-up. I have taken the idea we had from City Streets & created a sewer map. Now I tried 2 other different designs before finalising with the look of this one. I obviously built it first & put it in VS. All but the RttFF pieces that is as I don't have them. The general idea is that one team would be holding the ruins whilst the other team is attacking from above & below ground.

So this is what it looks like:

This is the VS file.

This is the bio:
Quote:
A derelict building lays abandoned on an empty street. Vacated by the rats long ago, it speaks not a sound. In the sounds of whispers that echo below it's floor it has a secret to tell.

Who or what have made the sewers below their home? And what lies beyond that door?
And this is an optional rule I have been thinking about:
Quote:
Splash of footsteps
A defending figure adds 1 die to their defense if the attacking figure moved through a water space on the sewer level.
And another optional rule:
Quote:
Low Ceiling
Figures with the Flying special power may not pass over other figures whilst in the sewer level unless they have the Stealth Flying special power.
Cheers

Great looking map A3n. Once again, you've come up with a neat idea. I think the only thing I might suggest for the map itself is to maybe add to the sewer section, a few shadow tiles in there from the DnD set, this map is screaming from them. I don't know if you have the DnD set (I don't yet) but you could put them on there like you did the trees and proxy them if you like. But an underground setting is an ideal spot for shadow tiles IMO.

I love the optional rules, again great ideas. Though for Splash of Footsteps, would you consider this change?

Splash of footsteps
A defending figure adds 1 die to their defense on any turn that the attacking figure moved through a water space on the sewer level.

This way it's more like the defending figure isn't caught by surprise and gets the defense bonus for that turn instead of for the rest of the round or game.

Also for Low Ceiling, perhaps you can add Leapers to those that can't go over a figure's head unless they have Stealth Leap.

Just my

By the way, I dig your use of Whilst It's a word I don't hear that often and I like it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 19th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

This scenario is screaming for Fanstasic Four vs Mole Man.
Or Batman vs Killer Croc
Or TMNT vs Foot Soldiers

I'm loving this map. Great work, A3n.
Old March 19th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
This scenario is screaming for Fanstasic Four vs Mole Man.
Or Batman vs Killer Croc
Or TMNT vs Foot Soldiers

I'm loving this map. Great work, A3n.
Or Spider-man vs. Lizard!

Old March 19th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There is another sewer map around the site somewhere that is similar to this one which would serve as a good reference point.

After building and playing with that one, here are some general observations. Your map may or may not apply (no time to look at it).

1. You need multiple access points to the surface. Without numerous ways to get up (or perhaps a thematic reason to stay down), it is too easy for the surface team to sit at the top and set up a turkey shoot as figures try to get through.

2. It can't be too big (wide). You have to be able to physically move yur guys around under the top level. I believe the other one makes it very hard to get to guys in the center of the map...it is very impressive to look at, but just too big to be really playable.

EDIT: One other thing I really like about the other sewer map (IIRC) is that it has a fountain/water on the top level, that is connected to the bottom level and there are a few cool things you can do with that. Just something to think about if you add/modify.
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

It might be easier to create two seperate maps and move between the two with access points.

EDIT: Also, it might be cool to swap the water with swamp water in the sewer.
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
There is another sewer map around the site somewhere that is similar to this one which would serve as a good reference point.

After building and playing with that one, here are some general observations. Your map may or may not apply (no time to look at it).

1. You need multiple access points to the surface. Without numerous ways to get up (or perhaps a thematic reason to stay down), it is too easy for the surface team to sit at the top and set up a turkey shoot as figures try to get through.

2. It can't be too big (wide). You have to be able to physically move yur guys around under the top level. I believe the other one makes it very hard to get to guys in the center of the map...it is very impressive to look at, but just too big to be really playable.

EDIT: One other thing I really like about the other sewer map (IIRC) is that it has a fountain/water on the top level, that is connected to the bottom level and there are a few cool things you can do with that. Just something to think about if you add/modify.
This one has several open manholes that I thoought were very cool.
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

This map looks great!

I like the clean water (not every sewer has to be completely filthy), and I don't think that the shadow tiles are necessary (natural physical shadows are to be expected with that low of an over hang.

Hahma's suggestion to the wording for the special rule is one I thought of myself as well, you kinda need that for clarity more than anything else.

This map, like the Wayne Maynor I worked on for World's Finest, needs to be built and played on to ensure that it is stable.

Also, Badger is right about the need for more access tunnels from the lower level to the upper level.
Old March 19th, 2010, 05:59 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I do have the DnD set & I thought about the use of the shadow tiles but then decided the map didn't need it visually & I wanted to include my optional special rule for Splash of Footsteps so thought it would have been too much.

I also thought about swapping the sewer level water tiles with swamp ones but didn't want to add another set requirement just for them, so I reasoned as Griff did that not all sewers are filthy.

As for access I think somebody needs to have a game on it to decide if 4 access points is enough. My thought is that the attacking team should start underground (the bottom right corner). Like they are searching for the where abouts of the Lair.

As for how wide the map is I think it is just right in this one, that was the main reason I scrapped my first 2 versions of the map.

As far as accessing the figures on the bottom level, that played heavy on my mind when I built this. Which is why it is a simple straight cross-section & furthest somebody needs to reach in is 5 tiles which only occurs at the largest section of the sewer (middle of map towards the door). Hopefully I will get a game in myself today if my boy feels up to it.

I changed the special rule for Splash of Footsteps. What you said Hahma was definitely the intent but I have worded slightly different.

Adding Leapers to the Low Ceiling special is a good idea I will fix now.

Cheers
Old March 19th, 2010, 07:01 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Wait, you don't own ANY RttFF sets?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyways, the map looks great. I think adding somw Swamp Water would relly make it look like a sewer though.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 20th, 2010, 03:27 AM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm such a nerd when it comes to multi-level maps like this. Unfortunately you cant high five a computer screen.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios