Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old February 8th, 2023, 05:06 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Season 2 - Champion's Circle League

Champion's Circle League

Qualifier #2 - Register HERE

Come one, come all to join in the fight for honor, riches and glory! The Champion's Circle League - hosted by Sir Heroscape - is a competitive, online Heroscape league designed to bring together heroscapers from around the globe to compete for your spot among the Champion's Circle! My goal is to keep the community active and incentivized to compete at the highest level by providing a venue where everyone can have a shot at some of the greatest prizes, on the biggest stage and have some fun while they're at it.

Purpose: Provide a competitive format for heroscapers to regularly and consistently participate to win big prizes and accolades throughout the year.
Event Structure:
  1. The Champion's Circle League will consist of 1 Season per year
  2. Each Season is made up of 4 Qualifying Events each quarter (Mar, Jun, Sep, Nov) and 1 Finals Event
  3. 1 Finals Event for the Top 16 players from the Qualifiers (in Dec) will be held to determine that Seasons Champion
    • No Attendance Requirement to qualify for the Finals
    • Top 2 finishers of each Qualifier have an automatic bid into the finals event
    • 8 Auto-bids and 8 best records = Finals invitations
    • 8 "next" best records will be based on ranking of Total Wins
    • Seeding will be based on ranking of total wins
    • Ranking will be based on the following:
      • Total Wins
      • Win %
      • Strength of Schedule (SoS)
  4. Qualifier Events will be Swiss Style formats (play all rounds)
    Each event will be 5 Rounds of play
  5. Finals Events will be Single Elimination
  6. All events will be using Partial Card Scoring (PCS)
    NEW: For every 1 minute of time beyond a 12 minute player time gap (according to the app), the player who spent more time subtracts 10 points from their final PCS number. For example, with a 20 minute time gap, the faster player gets an 80 point PCS advantage. (20min gap = 8min past the 12min time gap limit = 8 X10pt = 80pt penalty)

Because of the time control rules, it is important to use the app's clocking features correctly.
    • Always press the "done" button when your turn is complete.
    • If you decide to move to a position where your opponent has the option of a leaving engagement attack or engagement strike, use the appropriate quick message button to tell them to make that roll.
    • If you have any out-of-turn movement (scatter, scurry, etc), press "done" when you are done with that movement.
    • If you decline an out-of-turn action (e.g. you don't want to attempt a leaving engagement attack on Krug, or you don't want to scatter), press "done" to decline the action.
  7. Each Qualifier will have a $8 Entry fee - to be paid prior to the event via PayPal to Sir Heroscape @ heroscaper4life@gmail.com
  8. Entry fees will be 100% used for Prize support
  9. There will be no entry fee collected for the Champion's Circle Finals event
  10. 60min Round timer (5minSetup timer)
  11. No Exceptions for scheduling issues. If you are unable to complete the event, you will be dropped from the event
  12. Those who drop from the event will not be eligible for that events prizes
Prizes (Minimum): Below is a list of the minimum prizes...though each season the overall prizes/donations may change. Current Season Event Prizes will be indicated in the 2nd post in this thread.
  1. Qualifiers:
    - 1st Place: $50 Cash (SirH), $25 Cash minimum (entry fee), Custom SirH Dice Set (12 dice, 1D20, OM's, Dice Bag)
    - 2nd Place: $25 Cash minimum (entry fee)
    - 3rd Place: $25 Cash minimum (entry fee)
    - 4th Place: $25 Cash minimum (entry fee)
    - 5th - 8th Place: Dependent on entry fees collected
    - Other sponsor/donation prizes
  2. Champion's Circle Finals:
    - 1st Place: $50 Cash (SirH), Custom CCL Dice Set (12 dice, 1D20, OM's, Dice Bag)
    - Other sponsor/donation prizes
Organization
Host: Sir Heroscape
YouTube Announcement
Sir Heroscape Discord Server: Used to communicate live updates AND will use on gameday for communication
Heroscape.org: Use to register for each event! Will use to manage the tournament rankings and matchups.

Event Formats/Details
  • Q#1 - Solo Assassination (700pts/20fig): Army may ONLY contain 1 Unique Hero
  • Q#2 - VCheese (400pt/20fig)
  • Q#3 - TBD
  • Q#4 - TBD
  • CCL Finals - TBD

How to Play Online Guide(s)
Spoiler Alert!

Tags of those who've participated in Online Events previously, who might be interested here.

PAST SEASONS
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; March 20th, 2024 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Season 2 details
Old February 8th, 2023, 05:07 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: $1,000 Prize Pool - Champion's Circle League

Season 2 Details

PRIZE POOL:
Qualifying Event Prizes for Season 2:
1st Place
  • $50 Cash (SirH)
  • $25 Cash Minimum (Entry Fees)
  • Custom SirH Dice Set (12 dice, 1D20, OM's, Dice Bag)
  • $5 Etsy Store Credit (StuffByHags)
  • Custom Alternate Card Art (StuffByHags)
  • Pick 1 NIB: Bramcephys, Heroes of the Molten Sea, Heroes of Khorvaire, Heroes of Faerun (donated by Joecar)

2nd Place

3rd Place

4th Place

5th Place

6th Place

7th Place

8th Place
CCL Finals Event Prizes for Season 2:

1st Place
  • $50 Cash (SirH)
  • Custom CCL Dice Set (12 dice, 1D20, OM's, Dice Bag)
  • Custom Alternate Card Art (StuffByHags)
  • NIB Fortress of the Archkyrie (donated by Joecar)

2nd Place
  • Treasure Glyph Set (donated by Joecar)

3rd Place

SEASON 2 QUALIFIER #1 MAP POOL
Spoiler Alert!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 1 Details
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; January 4th, 2024 at 04:56 AM. Reason: updates to Finals prizes
Old February 8th, 2023, 04:58 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome what you are doing! Thank you for organizing.
Old February 8th, 2023, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longy418 View Post
Awesome what you are doing! Thank you for organizing.
of course! I hope it can become a staple part of the community to motivate people to stay involved and excited about heroscape even if they can't attend events locally.

You plan on participating yourself?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 9th, 2023, 09:35 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Cool idea, will have to pass. Can't commit to a full day of playing Heroscape. Good luck to all that are involved.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 9th, 2023, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Cool idea, will have to pass. Can't commit to a full day of playing Heroscape. Good luck to all that are involved.
For just the first event? Or ALL events?

Hopefully you can at least attend 1 or 2? I’ve scheduled the dates already so you can throw in your calendar with enough heads up. No different than attending a local tourney…in fact, if anything it’s easier cause no travel time or setup. That said, you’re still right…it is still 4+ hr commitment.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 9th, 2023, 12:27 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

First one I am out, taking one of my kids to a soccer tourny that weekend.

Unsure about the others. Will see, no promises.

Also havent made an in person event in years, its not you its me lol

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 9th, 2023, 02:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Saturdays are often going to be hard for me. I know I can't make the first and anything during spring and fall is unlikely. I might be able to make one.
Old February 9th, 2023, 02:22 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Saturdays are often going to be hard for me. I know I can't make the first and anything during spring and fall is unlikely. I might be able to make one.
This is similar to my situation. I know at least one of the events falls on a day that I was planning to host a local event (and I don't think there are alternative dates that work for that event).

I'm hoping to make it to at least one, though!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 9th, 2023, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
First one I am out, taking one of my kids to a soccer tourny that weekend.

Unsure about the others. Will see, no promises.

Also havent made an in person event in years, its not you its me lol
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
This is similar to my situation. I know at least one of the events falls on a day that I was planning to host a local event (and I don't think there are alternative dates that work for that event).

I'm hoping to make it to at least one, though!
I've been getting a fair bit of good feedback from others as well regarding the setup.

I've been thinking about it a lot over the last week since the announcement and am considering the following...would appreciate your insight/thoughts:

- Remove 3 Qualifying event attendance requirement to reach Finals
- Replace with the following:
--> Top 2 finishers of EACH qualifier automatically qualify for the Finals event
--> No minimum attendance requirement to make finals
--> 16 Players invited to the Finals would consist of 8 Qualifying players (Top 2 of each event) and 8 of the next Top finishers based on overall record over the course of the season.
Some advantages I see to this:
- Allows people like yourselves to still squeeze in one event and then have the chance to make the finals
- Incentivizes people who don't get an auto-bid to the finals to still perform well over the course of the season in order to make it in...but no required attendance minimum allows for flexibility.

I'm heavily considering this change...but would love to hear additional thoughts.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 9th, 2023, 05:58 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

That makes more sense to me, and is closer to how the Main Event setup for ScapeCon is being run. Of course they are doing the top 4 finishers, but since there will probably be some overlap among the top 4 finishers of the events, they will back-fill based on overall record like you're saying.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 9th, 2023, 06:11 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I definitely like that the top 2 of each event auto qualify, performing that well in a big event should be rewarded. I mostly like the second part of the qualifier, but what determines best record? Total wins? Win Pctg? I don’t think I would want to see someone who went 4-1 in one event make it over someone who went 11-4 over 3 events because of win pctg. My suggestion would probably be,

--> Top 2 finishers of EACH qualifier automatically qualify for the Finals event
--> No minimum attendance requirement to make finals
--> 16 Players invited to the Finals would consist of 8 Qualifying players (Top 2 of each event) and 8 of the next Top finishers based on win pctg who played in at least X events. (Leaning 3?)

So no hard attendance requirement, but if you’re not placing top 2 you’ll have to grind a few events.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events