Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 24th, 2017, 12:45 AM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!
Re: OHS Season 26 - Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapebot View Post
The Dr.Goomonkey v. Simval pool of armies is:
* Command Courier x3, Warforged Soldiers x2, Major X17, Black Wyrmling x2, Siege
* Dumutef Guard, Frost Giant of Morh x2, Heirloom, Ogre Warhulk
* Tornak, Krug, Heavy Gruts x3, Ashi-Dhulu
* Nicholas Esenwein, Bloodburst Thrall x3, Preyblood Thrall x3, Deathstrike Thrall x2, Asterios, Sonya Esenwein
Dr.Goomonkey chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Simval chooses who places first.
Me and the Doctor just finished. It was a pretty one-sided game. Here is a detailed report, but you can skip to after the lines if you only want my conclusion.

My Brandar was on Krug, which sat with a couple of heavies on the left-most start zone, while his was on Asterios, in the start zone right next with some thralls and Sonya. My other zone was Tornak, Ashi-Dhulu, and some gruts, Dr. Goomonkey's other was four thralls and Nicholas.

Goomonkey won the first initiative roll and opened with a classic Deathstrike-Preyblood duo, while I advanced my heavies. One of them was in reach of a thrall, but Tornak was protected : I suspected he was the target of a deathstrike. Instead of falling in my trap, Dr. moed his two thralls in the snow heights and waited for me. On my second OM, I accepted his challenge and charged the deathstrike with my mounted orc : a kill ! The preyblood then died to two blows form the gruts. Happily for me, it wasn't Young-Nick playing next (obviously, with 7 move and flying, he was in range), but the thralls again, so that was cool. They advanced a bit, close to my orcs. Surprise, my third OM was on Ashi-Dhulu, who advanced in range of devouring the last Deathstrik thrall, hidden behind a glacier.

Initiative switch. (Key moment here.)

The Great Red Worm - yes red, I proxied Ashi with Moltenclaw, bear with me here - devoured the Deathstrike from beneath and killed the bloodburst that had followed him. He received disgusting goo from it and suffered a wound. Dr.'s first OM was on the Deathstrike, so he passed his turn. I was happy. My orcs advanced, one of them going to take a bath with Brandar. They were trying to stay out of threat of Nick as much as possible, but it was pretty hard. They then advanced again (OM 2 skipped), on Asterios this time. Tornak missed his blow but a crazy heavy grut managed 3 wounds on the minotaur, who had the Brandar glyph by the way ! And then Goomonkey finally played his Nick, but he chose to go closer to Ulaniva, weighting his options.

I kept initiative.

I thought a great deal about puting something on Ashi-Dhulu to eat the pesky thralls that Nick could bring back, but I just went all out : the glyph or nothing !

On the first turn, I put a wound on Asterios with Tornak. He only had two life left. Nick advanced, but instead of engaging me as I thought he'd do, he took Ulaniva. The orcs tried to wound the minotaur again, and put yet another wound on him. Then Asterios attacked all-out on Tornak, with Ulaniva too ! Remember, if he kills him, I can't play two turns with my heavies, so I can't kill Asterios and then claim the Brandar for the win.

Dr. Goomonkey rolls... 2 (or was it 1). My defense were 4 shields ! Tornak was fully healthy. Moment of truth... My last OM on the round on the Heavies. Tornak attacks... 3 skulls ! And Asterios, who only rolls 3 defense dice against heroes, gets only a shield and dies. The adjacent orc claims the glyph...

...and I win with all the glyphs ! Good game Dr. Goomonkey. As the good monkey said himself, putting two OMs on his Deathstrike thrall when he was the only one (and was in the devouring range of Ashi-Dhulu) was a mistake that helped me a great lot. I was ready to fight a to-the-death battle, yet getting three consecutive turns allowed me to approach Dr.'s glyph-bearer slowly and with a great deal of organisation, which ultimately gave me the win. It's also sad that Nicholas didn't have time to enter the fray.

Finally, the stats here, show that I had pretty good rolls (+6%). Please note, however, that his attack rolls and my defense rolls are not really representative since he only attacked once. Oh and don't mind that playtime. (Whut?)

Quote:
Dr.Goomonkey
Attack rolls: 2 out of 5 (40%)
Defense rolls: 15 out of 40 (37.5%)
Total dice rolled: 45
Time used: 21h, 17m, 2s

simval
Attack rolls: 28 out of 50 (56%)
Defense rolls: 4 out of 5 (80%)
Total dice rolled: 55
Time used: 11h, 19m, 33s
Thanks Dr. Goomonkey for the game.
And sorry everyone for the long read.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events