Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 25th, 2012, 01:40 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Just bought a bunch of the SoV units that are being reviewed and have to say that Gor'Vath's figure from Legendary Evils is an awesome figure. I can't wait to try a new Arrow Grut army with him.

Also bought four squads of Beakface Sneaks for 5 dollars and change on Auggies! I love that. What other squad could you buy four for under six bucks? Cxurg'gyath's figure is also pretty amazing. The Legendary Encounters line from Reaper is continually surprising me.

Really wishing I didn't have parent-teacher conferences or have to drive my brother's Uhaul from Oregon to Idaho. I just want to play some 'scape this weekend.
I've got both figures used for Gor'Vath and they both look great. The availibity and cheap cost were the first thing that drew me to the Kenku figures for the Beaksneaks. The Cxurg'gyath's figure is just the right size for the other Mind Flayers and looks great too.

Playtesting the SoV cards is a good time. I've got to schedule another session with my buddy for more testing.
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:07 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

After due consideration, I've decided to re-nominate my Green Wyrmling with a couple of changes:

First off, availability. The figure is the Bronze Wyrmling from D&D Giants and Legends. abprices.com lists 63 currently available at $5 and under (plus shipping). eBay has another 12 for under $5.

Some commentary:
Spoiler Alert!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I liked the original Fledgling Counterstrike.
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Yes, it was very thematic, but nyys demonstrated it was broken with Raelin. Just broken.

This is a close call for me, because the 'fledgling counterstrike' doesn't really look like a counterstrike at all, it looks more like a Dying Swipe.

I'll have to give it some thought.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:39 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Yes, it was very thematic, but nyys demonstrated it was broken with Raelin. Just broken.

This is a close call for me, because the 'fledgling counterstrike' doesn't really look like a counterstrike at all, it looks more like a Dying Swipe.

Hmm, I did not notice his post at that time, apparently.

I think I'll think on this guy too.
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:50 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

I tried a bunch of ways to take Counterstrike and make it less effective, but still be a useful power, and this proved to be the best. I do have one other idea for little greenie if this one doesn't cut the mustard, but I like this idea more.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:54 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I'd like to nominate Son of Arathorn's Lord Eschain for Soldiers of Valhalla!
(Sorry about the image, I couldn't figure out how to get the image itself. If it's a problem, let me know)
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9159/eschiancrd.jpg

Balance
I've played a few games with this figure, and I think it's quite balanced for what Lord Eschain does for Valkrill squads (and himself).

Playability
His powers are understandable (Dark Blade SA is long-winded, but it works out). He fits just fine on a standard single-space base, and he stands out well in a miniature line-up.

Creativity
Adds a bonding option for the Death Knights, brings a new Special Attack, and a fun mechanic with Will of Chaos.

Availability/Accessability
The figure is D&D War of the Dragon Queen #01 Aasimar Fighter.
I checked on a few sites, and here's what I found-
Auggies has 32 for 1.49 each
coolstuff.inc- 1 for .99
MiniatureMarket- 17 for 1.75
GamesEmpire- 14 for 1.99
beholderthebargains.com- 14 for 1.49
ebay- 35 for approx. 2.00
totaling more than 100 of the figure.

Thanks for consideration, (I'm probably a bit biased, I had a hand in this unit's conception).
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:

I tried a bunch of ways to take Counterstrike and make it less effective, but still be a useful power, and this proved to be the best. I do have one other idea for little greenie if this one doesn't cut the mustard, but I like this idea more.
KC, any thoughts on my concern? It's possible I'm way off base, feel free to disagree with me.

@ Ninja Status ~ Get it uploaded to Photobucket or something, and use that link.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
I'd like to nominate Son of Arathorn's Lord Eschain for Soldiers of Valhalla!
(Sorry about the image, I couldn't figure out how to get the image itself. If it's a problem, let me know)
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9159/eschiancrd.jpg
Here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:10 PM

Shouldn't Will of Chaos read: "When a common squad figure that you control that follows Valkrill..."?
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Green Wyrmling: Let me ponder it a little more.

Lord Eschain: I think I understand what Will of Chaos is going for but the wording is too vague, IMO. What do you do with the destroyed figure once it is placed adjacent to Lord Eschain? Is it simply placed adjacent to Lord Eschain and remains there as a LOS blocker/ obstacle, or do you get to ignore any wounds just received by the squad figure and continue using it as normal?

Although I do like the theme going on with this guy, because of the above question, I will have to vote NO to review Lord Eschain.
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Lord Eschain: I think I understand what Will of Chaos is going for but the wording is too vague, IMO. What do you do with the destroyed figure once it is placed adjacent to Lord Eschain? Is it simply placed adjacent to Lord Eschain and remains there as a LOS blocker/ obstacle, or do you get to ignore any wounds just received by the squad figure and continue using it as normal?

Although I do like the theme going on with this guy, because of the above question, I will have to vote NO to review Lord Eschain.
You ignore the wounds. I can't believe I didn't think to tell SoA the power should clarify that when I was making the card.

Quote:
Shouldn't Will of Chaos read: "When a common squad figure that you control that follows Valkrill..."?
Yes, it should. That was my bad. I put the text on the card in the wrong order.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs