Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 24th, 2019, 11:39 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Orc's Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
I’m hoping to start a podcast/video series in the fall about competitive scape. I’m still figuring out all the logistics, but one of the things I plan on covering is the rankings.

I would watch/listen the heck out of that. I love getting new insights and perspectives on the game. I also really really miss the Scape Talks podcast they did back in the day and would love for something similar.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 24th, 2019, 02:31 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree. If possible, I think YouTube is the best option so that more people can find it. Besides, any positive exposure we can generate for Heroscape is great for the community as a whole.
Old August 9th, 2019, 01:33 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Roman Archers OP

So orc, with Roman archers making day 2 in two different armies, does that mean they need to move up? ~_^

~Dysole, half joking
Old August 9th, 2019, 01:36 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Roman Archers OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
So orc, with Roman archers making day 2 in two different armies, does that mean they need to move up? ~_^

~Dysole, half joking
I see we're using the Hatomoto Grading Curve for this year's exams

If so, Major X17 made finals, and that's gotta be worth at least a B- right there.
Old August 9th, 2019, 01:37 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Roman Archers and Drudge probably deserve a C-. Consistent range attacks are still pretty ok.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 08:26 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

How about Brandis Skyhunter?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 3rd, 2019, 09:53 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

X17 is kind of like Feral Troll in that he can absolutely dominate against single attacking figures extremely consistently and very safely kill his points in cleanup. He's not as good as Feral Troll at that, but he does have potential midgame utility with Cyberclaw in certain matchups where Feral Troll has no utility at all. But Feral Troll is also a B- somehow. The letter grades are progressively weirder the further you get from the top imo. I don't think there's a been extensive exploration of the meta of C tier figures and so there's space for a lot of those to move around a bit.

And there are also different kinds of bad figures which makes them harder to rate. Tagawa Samurai Archers are bad but not that bad, but there's also not much you can do with them, they have low potential. X17 is worse but he has extremely high potential. Both can be used in RtW to different effects but they have to be used with different things as the rest of the army. And I don't know how you can really confidently say one is better than the other. Like Tagawa are always usable but there's never going to be a situation in which Tagawa are the best thing you could possibly play.

I don't know what I'm trying to say here and I'm pretty sure there was no serious suggestion to move X17 but I like to talk about these things.

Brandis is C+ which is the same as Carr which feels about right. Erevan Sunshadow is C+ though and Brandis is way better than Sunshadow but I think this is a Sunshadow should be moved down type of thing. Also Tul-Bak-Ra is C+???? He should be like a flat B. 6 life 4 defense is really good and so is teleport.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 11:22 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
At The Same Time

Erevan is cheaper than Brandis or Carr and has a SA (not a GOOD SA, but a SA which can be useful in some matchups). I think they're all roughly the same. I can see the argument for TBR. He's much better stand alone than trying to build around his teleport reinforcements.

~Dysole, who has lots of opinions on the C meta as she's exactly the kind of person to play with those figures ~_^
Old April 17th, 2020, 12:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

These rankings are so weird. Why are Ninjas of the Northern Wind in the highest tier, and Torin in the second highest tier?
Old April 17th, 2020, 12:44 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
These rankings are so weird. Why are Ninjas of the Northern Wind in the highest tier, and Torin in the second highest tier?
Say what you want about where my units are ranked, but if you’re arguing against my ranking of Marvel movies, then it’s personal.

Last edited by OEAO; April 17th, 2020 at 12:48 PM. Reason: No one can say I’m not committed to stupid jokes...
Old April 17th, 2020, 03:25 PM

MCUnified Opinion

I... gotta say. I can't determine if it's my own poor taste or what, but I like dok would definitely have changed some of these tier names around. (For example, I enjoyed the crap out of Ragnarok, Guardians, and Far From Home (not listed but I've heard it panned) more than I did Civil War or Ant Man)

~Dysole, who admittedly has no idea how good some of these are on a rewatch because she basically watches the MCU movies once and then calls it good
Old April 17th, 2020, 10:11 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Endgame makes for the A+ units since it definitely had some stars but it drags on for way too long and ultimately is not that fun to watch do its thing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion