Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 1st, 2013, 11:17 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Playtest Exchange

Bump to keep this near the top, and to ask MegaSilver if he is withdrawing his Armoc Warlord because I believe it's going through major edits.

I'll be doing some testing here once I'm able to get my SoV vote in on Brimstone, which should be pretty soon...
Old March 1st, 2013, 11:20 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Bump to keep this near the top, and to ask MegaSilver if he is withdrawing his Armoc Warlord because I believe it's going through major edits.

I'll be doing some testing here once I'm able to get my SoV vote in on Brimstone, which should be pretty soon...
Yeah, still haven't updated my test since I'm not sure what's going on. Also, I'll probably start testing Ymir.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 1st, 2013, 11:56 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I will be resubmitting the edited version as soon as macc122 has it done. He's had computer trouble lately or else he would have had it done already.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:55 AM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I will be resubmitting the edited version as soon as macc122 has it done. He's had computer trouble lately or else he would have had it done already.
I'd get some feedback on it elsewhere first. Don't want a repeat.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:56 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Quote:
Okay. Sorry about that. Though it is a major change, so that's a better idea.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Quote:
Okay. Sorry about that. Though it is a major change, so that's a better idea.
No problem.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Updated in Red.
Playtest Exchange Form

Name of the test unit: Ymir

Do you think this custom would pass the SoV? Why or why not?

Ya got me. Needs more testing. As far as canon goes, no not really. 'Scape already has a Giant whose Ice-styled. But, maybe Thunderous Smash is a reference to thunder and not just massive rumblings?
No, I don't think so. He is a bit too strong as is. Maybe a slight point bump (Personally, I'd like to see him at 200.)

Are all the powers on this card usable?

Seems like the only power is. From my first test alone, I see it might be fairly difficult to always make use of that potential 3 targets, but I was able to hit 2 at a time fairly often.
Look up.

What changes would you recommend making to this custom if any?
We'll see later on.
I really don't like the concept of dropping any of his stats. His focal point appears to be high stats, but no synergies (unless there is some sort of custom with Giant bonding), and as a really high-cost hero he does need this. Think Q9, but melee, and you have an idea of how he fits into an army. I strongly suggest bumping him to around 200. I haven't tested him at that cost, but as you'll see in the next answer...

Any other thoughts, comments, or theoryscaping?
From first looks, Ymir seems like a unit whose fairly stand alone, which for his cost means that he's really hard to fit in many army builds where is really fluid in. But, Scytale takes advantage of this by giving hms excellent stats and the ability to pretty much rush in a crush whatever is in his path by sheer brute force alone. It worked well enough in my first test.
Ymir appears to be a big blend of several things at once. As I've said before, he looks alot like a melee Q9. Well, he also has the stats of a melee Q9 (heightened HPs and an increased movement score). During my two tests so far I have found nothing to really encourage getting near him (even if they were dwarves, should their attacks prove to be as effective as the Zombies' were, they wouldn't live to attack again). And, as a really big guy, this is expected. Now to compare him to a unit who isn't broken beyond repair (Q9 is A+ for a reason), he looks a lot like Tandros. Both units share good endurance and have an ability that lets their attacks strike more than one unit. Tandros comes built with a weak ranged attack and Combat Challenge (which is a problem for him, as it means he is meant to be killed faster than expected), while Ymir has size immunities and the ability to target 1 extra unit with no notable restrictions. They both also have a hard time fitting into army builds because of their roles on the battlefield. Sure Tandros makes a great protector (and Ymir a great Destoyer), but picking between taking turns with him and whatever else he's with can prove tricky and typically innefective. Ymir does have the move and raw detructive power to make up for this, but with a significant price cost (180 as of this writing).

Spoiler Alert!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the continued testing Flameslayer. Ymir looks like a blast!

Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
No, I don't think so. He is a bit too strong as is. Maybe a slight point bump (Personally, I'd like to see him at 200.)
Great playtest write-up. I've had a nagging feeling that he's a bit too cheap, especially when compared to Jotun. But then comparing him to Nilfheim, he seems about right. My own testing is up and down, which is expected for a figure of high point cost -- could dominate or collapse depending on defense dice rolls. How would you feel about 190?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:24 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Great playtest write-up. I've had a nagging feeling that he's a bit too cheap, especially when compared to Jotun. But then comparing him to Nilfheim, he seems about right. My own testing is up and down, which is expected for a figure of high point cost -- could dominate or collapse depending on defense dice rolls. How would you feel about 190?
Glad you enjoyed the read! ^_^

I suppose he'd work at 190. I merely chose 200 because its nice and even (plus its a very good number in general in 'Scape because of how easy it is to implement into an army, like any number that is a multiple of 50).

I had thought about saying he should be at 190, but then I still feel thats a tad too cheap. I was basically going back and forth in my mind at what price cost he should be. I'd probably be willing to test him again at 190 tomorrow (as I have another thing I'm working on later).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:53 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Is there a maximum of units allowed in the Playtest Exchange at once?

And perhaps each user should get one freebie?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:59 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Is there a maximum of units allowed in the Playtest Exchange at once?

And perhaps each user should get one freebie?
I didn't see any maximum limit (I was thinking it was 3 units, but I suppose not).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards