Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which Map is Best Competitively?
Toxic Thaw 6 18.75%
Cross-Hatched 6 18.75%
A Creek Betwixt the Sludge 0 0%
Succession 18 56.25%
Apocalypse Now 24 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 20th, 2022, 12:27 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Marvelous Map Contest Round 1A

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Toxic Thaw looks interesting. I like the way the glyphs have cover from the height.

I don't like the "two hills" vibe I get from Cross-Hatched (I am probably overly biased against two hill maps), and the fact it looks like there is road on the highest level. Otherwise it looks decent.

A Creek Betwixt the Sludge is very visually appealing, but it feels like the glyphs should be between the 3-hexer and 7-hexer on each side. Their current placement is too much "my glyph your glyph" for me. I've also played on some other maps with the bridge in the middle that way, and it can be pretty unpleasant for some matchups (Syvarris or Kaemon Awa + Warriors of Ashra vs a melee army is practically broken on such a map).

I think Succession is the best one so far...

...but I'm pretty sure Apocalypse Now takes the cake. My only concern compared to Succession is the sight lines seem more open, but I think it's the better map overall. Will wait to see if anyone else's analysis persuades me otherwise.
I ended up voting for Toxic Thaw and Apocalypse Now. I debated adding a vote for Succession, but ultimately concluded that it doesn't seem very distinct from many other maps I've seen before. Should I have voted for it anyway? Probably, but I can't change it now.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games