Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 28th, 2009, 03:39 AM

Piherculis knows what's in an order marker Piherculis knows what's in an order marker
Re: Piherculis' battlefields- added 15 new Fulcrum maps

New Map added: Chariot Races - see first post with link to download

1 RotV + 1 RttFF + 1 FotA

2 players.

Build the "chariots" with the terrain pieces you see off to the side of the map. Each player picks one "driver" figure to stand within the single hex space surrounded by the 4 battlements. Then each player places 2 other figures as the "horses" in front of the "driver". A Double space figure may not occupy any "horse" or "driver" positions. Any figures with the special power of flying may not fly while in either the "horse" position or "driver" position. Any figures with the special power of Slither must stop in water space while in either the "horse" position or "driver" position.

Player 1 starts his chariot in the red starting zone and his remaining army figures in the orange/yellow starting zone spaces.

Player 2 starts his chariot in the blue starting zone and his remaining army figures on the cyan starting zone spaces.

For Round One, order marker #1 must be placed on the army cards for the figures in the "horse" position for each player. When you reveal an order marker on an army card for one of the "horse" figures, you may move the entire "chariot" terrain 3 hex piece along with the figures on it up to the move number listed on the card. There must be at least one figure in a "horse" position and one figure in the "driver" position in order to move the "chariot".

Figures may be moved off and on a chariot at any time during that figures turn using normal turn procedure. Along the length of the race, players' other army figures starting along the course may move, snipe at, engage, and play in battle fashion to prevent the opponent from winning the race. All height advantage rules apply.

Goal: The player to move his/her chariot along the course of the track, starting at the blue and red start zones toward the trees, around the bend, over the river, and back to the castle wall and finishing with his/her driver inside its chariot over a road hex space wins. The driver does not have to be the same figure that started in that position at the beginning of the race. During the course of play, figures may switch positions into any of the "horse" or "driver" spaces using normal turn and movement rules.

If money can't buy happiness. . . what are you saving it for?
my maps- my terrain - my figs

Last edited by Piherculis; August 28th, 2009 at 03:46 AM.
Old August 28th, 2009, 05:00 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Looks interesting & fun, well done.
Old August 28th, 2009, 05:04 AM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piherculis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
I do believe it's spelled fjord.
Thank you! Glad you enjoy them! (It is spelled both ways).
Didn't see the original ford/fjord post but, from Wikipedia.

Geologically, a fjord (pronounced /fjɔrd/ ( listen) or pronounced /fiːɔrd/) is a long, narrow inlet with steep sides, created in a valley carved by glacial activity.

A ford is a place in a watercourse (most commonly a stream or river) that is shallow enough to be crossed by wading, on horseback, or in a wheeled vehicle. A ford is mostly a natural phenomenon, in contrast to a low water crossing, which is an artificial bridge that allows crossing a river or stream when water is low.

Also, very neat and creative maps! Thanks for sharing with us!

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM

Piherculis knows what's in an order marker Piherculis knows what's in an order marker

Thanks Nyphot!

I didn't know that definition for ford, I have another word now to use with my maps.

(as you can see, I have spelled the original F-i-o-r-d.)
fiord (fyôrd, fyrd)
n.
Variant of fjord.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Old August 28th, 2009, 12:09 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Ah!

No wonder I couldn't find either fjord or ford with my Search!

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old August 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM

I just realized on the Chariot Races map I didn't put in the army point total for each player. Any suggestions?

Old August 28th, 2009, 10:38 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

On a map like that, 400 seems good. Maybe 450 though.
Old August 29th, 2009, 07:07 PM

L3viathan Woo who?

Today I played Fulcrum Fautor with my bro.
Excellent map, very smart designed and offers many strategic options for any army. Not like the ordinary FOTA maps I have played in the past. I'm sure this map will stay assembled for a long time since it doesn't take much space too. Can't wait to play on the other Fulcrum castle maps also Keep up the excellent work Piherculis!
Old August 30th, 2009, 12:00 AM

funnymarx has disabled reputation

Is it deliberate design on your part, or merely happy coincidence that you can butt two of your Fulcrum maps together on any of their edges? I think that combining two (or even more) of the maps edge to edge might make for some very interesting combinations. Hope to give a couple of them a try tomorrow. Thanks for posting your work!
Old September 1st, 2009, 12:53 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Love the Fulcrum series.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:27 PM

Re: Piherculis' battlefields- The Fulcrum 50 finished

The Fulcrum 50 are Finished. Enjoy!

This is my favorite and I hope to build it someday. I have enough Road and castle sets, but I don't think I have enough mastersets.

Old September 7th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Piherculis' battlefields- The Fulcrum 50 finished

Now it's time to start working on the Phulcrum series...jk. +rep.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios